Does Test Cypionate really see a trough after 3.5 days?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Arcane

Curious to see if anyone has compared their Test cyp peak and trough bloodwork to see how much their test levels and e2 drop after 3.5 days. The hard life is a little over 8 days so I cant imagine it drops by much. Im considering switching to EOD since so many people claim that they've seen much more stability EOD, but I have a hard time understanding how there would be fluctuation with Test cup, peak and troughs every 3.5, when the half life is so long

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
I've seen @Cataceous post about this before and I believe he mentioned on average around a 30% decrease from peak, but search through his posts and you may be able to find it.
That's right. Based on a typical half-life, which is actually about five days for T cypionate, the peaks are expected to be around 50% higher than the troughs, or the troughs are about a third lower—33%—than the peaks.

It should be considered a rough estimate, and in my experience the underlying calculation may not work when injection frequency increases to EOD. In theory there should still be measurable variations on this protocol, but they weren't detectable in my results. In other words, for me at least, EOD injections result in pretty stable serum testosterone.

madman

Super Moderator
Curious to see if anyone has compared their Test cyp peak and trough bloodwork to see how much their test levels and e2 drop after 3.5 days. The hard life is a little over 8 days so I cant imagine it drops by much. Im considering switching to EOD since so many people claim that they've seen much more stability EOD, but I have a hard time understanding how there would be fluctuation with Test cup, peak and troughs every 3.5, when the half life is so long

When injecting twice weekly (every 3.5 days) whether one is using cypionate or enanthate T levels will peak (8-12 hrs) post-injection.

Even then when using enanthate/cypionate T levels will start rising (sharp increase) within 2 hrs post-injection.

True trough level (84 hrs) post-injection will be lower.

Arcane

That's right. Based on a typical half-life, which is actually about five days for T cypionate, the peaks are expected to be around 50% higher than the troughs, or the troughs are about a third lower—33%—than the peaks.

It should be considered a rough estimate, and in my experience the underlying calculation may not work when injection frequency increases to EOD. In theory there should still be measurable variations on this protocol, but they weren't detectable in my results. In other words, for me at least, EOD injections result in pretty stable serum testosterone.
how did you feel with eod cyp vs 3.5? I know everyone is different, just curious

madman

Super Moderator

Keep in mind that it is critical testing at the true peak/trough, using the same lab, same assay (most accurate) when comparing such otherwise it is a complete waste of time!

madman

Super Moderator
TT (LC/MS-MS)
FT Equilibrium Dialysis (gold standard) or Ultrafiltration (next best)
E2 LC/MS-MS)

The majority of men on trt tend to make the critical mistake of testing FT using inaccurate assays or flawed calculated methods.

As I have stated numerous times in the past although TT is important to know FT is what truly matters as it is the active unbound fraction of testosterone responsible for the positive effects.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
how did you feel with eod cyp vs 3.5? I know everyone is different, just curious
I've never injected less frequently than EOD, so I can't give you a subjective comparison. I think there were subtle improvements in going from the stable levels of EOD injections to the variability provided by daily injections of a mixture of T propionate and T cypionate. This latter protocol is intended to mimic the daily variations seen in natural men.

Overall I think stable levels are still preferable to large swings over many days. But there are guys who prefer the latter.

antelopers

I've never injected less frequently than EOD, so I can't give you a subjective comparison. I think there were subtle improvements in going from the stable levels of EOD injections to the variability provided by daily injections of a mixture of T propionate and T cypionate. This latter protocol is intended to mimic the daily variations seen in natural men.

Overall I think stable levels are still preferable to large swings over many days. But there are guys who prefer the latter.
I'm surprised with all of your experimentation you haven't tried less frequent injections. I understand your reason why is probably in an attempt to mimic natural production, but I'm still pretty shocked lol.

S1W

I have tested both (TT and E2) a few days apart at peak/trough on E3.5D. There was a significant difference.

Last edited:

Cataceous

Super Moderator
I'm surprised with all of your experimentation you haven't tried less frequent injections. I understand your reason why is probably in an attempt to mimic natural production, but I'm still pretty shocked lol.
Even many years ago when I was getting started the late Curt Moyer was saying favorable things about injecting more often. This was a strong influence, and I never had an interest in experimenting with something that seemed less natural. Nonetheless, I believe twice-weekly injections are reasonable and convenient for many men. You just need to be aware of the variability in levels in case there are problems.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me