Dark urine and weird odor one day after shot

Buy Lab Tests Online

eli

After I take my testosterone shot, the next day, my urine gets really yellow with a strong weird odor. My urine is not that color and doesn't have that odor at other times. Is that simply my LOW SHBG pissing out the testosterone ?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Re-Ride

Very unlikely your T injection an issue of concern here. I'm not a doctor. If you have other symptoms such pain in abdomen, swelling or tenderness I'd get it checked out. in general the color or urine can change for many reasons. Color isn't a litmus test of your metabolic function. For that you want a urinalysis and a comprehensive metabolic panel. A simple search will take you pages with photos and explanations on why urine is often a certain color.

Prof

This happened to me and I was taking NAC. So I don't think it is from liver and my liver and kidney tests are fine. Anybody know what was going on?

Ricko Steamboat

I’m having this all the time, I drink a lot of water but since starting TRT my urine is always darker and stronger smelling , it must be related to pinning as it is a lot darker after first day and declines a bit by 3rd day????, anyone else can explain this, a doctor friend said it’s probably tannins caused by TRT ????

Systemlord

My urine will be very dark and I mean dark on TRT is not consuming enough iron supplements, which I require an enormous amount. Taking lots of iron supplements makes my urine normal color.

My urine would smell funny too.

For newcomers having this problem, it’s best to check ferritin and iron saturation.

The reason why the dark urine dissipates after the first day is the hormonal peak is over, the creation of hemoglobin influenced by testosterone uses up iron, therefore iron is recovering after the hormonal peak and the body is pulling iron from storage/ferritin.

The end game scenario is ferritin will be depleted over time.

No one has more personal experience with this than me. If I miss my iron dosage tomorrow when taking my Jatenzo, testosterone will peak within 2 hours, iron is used up, and my urine will become very dark and smell strange.

TRT can change iron metabolism in some people, and lower ferritin in the process.

Last edited:

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
The yellowish color of the urine is due to a pigment called urochrome, which is formed when the body breaks down hemoglobin. Hemoglobin is found in red blood cells and plays an important role in transporting oxygen throughout the body.

When old hemoglobin cells die off, they are broken down into urochrome. This pigment then finds its way into the urine, which is why it often has a yellow color.

The shade of yellow in your urine can give you some insight into the urochrome concentration in your body. The darker the yellow, the more urochrome is present in the urine sample.

High hemoglobin may cause higher urochrome in the urine. TRT increases hemoglobin.

Ricko Steamboat

Yeah ok, I thought it might just be a normal thing , my mate who is a doctor said tannins, but that sounds logical as well, thanks, I was wondering about it all, as my bloods look fine except Colesterol which has always been high, when I started 5 months ago my first bloods showed low iron or (ferratin), but all seems normal these days

Systemlord

Yeah ok, I thought it might just be a normal thing , my mate who is a doctor said tannins, but that sounds logical as well, thanks, I was wondering about it all, as my bloods look fine except Colesterol which has always been high, when I started 5 months ago my first bloods showed low iron or (ferratin), but all seems normal these days
Make sure it’s ferritin or iron, because iron testing is unreliable, because eating can increase it temporarily, even though your ferritin can still be low.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me