Can you inject into a nerve?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Royal244

Greetings, to begin this thread i'd like to say that's i've heard of injecting T into fat tissue and i will try that, but i gotta know this:

Very often when i am injecting testosterone into my quad muscle i sense that my needle hit some harder layer and its more difficult to push a needle through. On top of that its quite painful. Sometimes i am injecting testosterone into that hard and painful area and sometimes i am lucky enough to avoid it and a needle goes smoothly and pain free. Now, can what i desribe be a nerve? If it is, then can i inject testosterone in it and can it have negative effect on testosterone absorbtion? Thank you.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
M

MarkM

Hi Royal, welcome to the forum!

It is not a nerve. If it was a nerve you would not be able to continue. Think of it somewhat like the dentist hitting a nerve while drilling on you. You come close to jumping out of your chair. Your immediate reaction is to stop and pull the needle out, not continuing to press the plunger on in.

Where on your quad are you injecting? The best place on the quad is the lastus lateralis or outer quad.
Vastus Lateralis Injection Site.jpg

I have read that many people think injecting in the quad is more painful than other areas.

I use a couple of injections locations. The lastus lateralis (pictures above), the ventrogluteal (VG), and the deltoid. The ventrogluteal is my favorite place where there are no nerves or blood vessels, just muscle (pictured below).

fifty

You’re probably going through part of your IT band. I usually inject at like 1 or 2 o’clock in my thigh rather than 3 o’clock way on the lateral side.

Royal244

Thank you all for reply. So its not a nerve? I thought it is because when i hit that area its really painful but i am like 'screw it i am not gonna pull it off now' and go through with it. Out of curiosity if it is a nerve can you inject testosterone in it and can it have negative effect on absorbtion? Fifty also mentioned that it could be IT bland. Whatever it is, my main questions stays the same - can it have negative effect on absorbtion of testosterone when i am injecting in that painful and tougher area?

MarkM - i am injecting in that place you've shown in the picture (quad). Like i said, often a needle go through the muscle like a butter and there is no pain but sometimes i hit that harder and painful spot.

Systemlord - i use bigger needle, gonna switch to smaller soon.

As you can tell i am kind of neurotic about whole trt thing. Want to do this as good as possible.

Last edited:
If you hit a nerve youll get an almost electric kind of shock and you'll know it, it's not a simple pain feeling. I had a phlebomist hit a nerve and it shocked my whole hand and went numb for a short period.

Royal244

So, its not possible to inject into a nerve. Still not sure what that hard and painful spot is. Bottom line - should i worry about the absorbtion of testosterone in that spot? Would it even make any diffrence?

M

MarkM

You can hit a nerve with a needle when injecting but you cannot inject into a nerve. Personally, I don't think it would effect absorption but if it were me I would not continue to inject into a location that was painful and hard to inject into. There are lots of locations to inject that will not be painful. Sooner than later, you will give that spot up and move on, regardless of how hard headed you might be. If you want to do the injections as good a possible as you stated, just pick a different location.

10 WAYS TO MAKE INTRAMUSCULAR TESTOSTERONE INJECTIONS LESS PAINFUL
To minimize post-injection pain, several important factors need to first be considered:
  • Injection site
  • Needle length, gauge, and “switching up”
  • Volume of injection
  • Injection technique, including speed of injection
  • Massage and manual pressure

10 Ways to Make IM Testosterone Injections Less Painful

Royal244

Thank you all, especially you Mark. The fact that it should not effect the absorbtion made me more calm. Was kind of worried of that.

Yeah, i will check some other areas soon.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me