Can High Estradiol Cause Mental Fogginess and Fatigue ?

Buy Lab Tests Online

River Rat

All - been taking daily testosterone injection of 14mg per day (roughly 100mg per week). SHBG is 15, testosterone is 600 and estrodial is 42.1 (range of 8 to 35). Feel terrible; foggy headed, low energy. Can estrodial of 42 be the cause. Have ordered a full panel through defy but was curious if anyone has had symptoms from high estrodial??

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
I would suggest to you as you're well on track for low SHBG, request the test "Estrdiol, Free", if it's affordable for you...$108 from discounted labs last I checked.
Otherwise your E needs to come way down. With low SHBG = High Free T, also = high Free E. SHBG binds to E just like it does for T.
What is your Free T? FT shouldn't exceed the lab range much at all for the low SHBG guy, the E LC/MS/MS value probably needs to be close to the SHBG, too.
Dont be afraid to introduce anastrozole, it would appear that you need it.

How much and ofter HCG are you using? Any DHEA? (things that aromatase)

Systemlord

Low SHBG men can have what appears to be normal estrogen (20 pg/mL) and free estrogen can be sky high. I myself require a very, very low dose AI to help block estrogen do to my SHBG @16.

I wouldn't be targeting a higher total testosterone than you have now, it will only produce more free estrogen. Pay closer attention to free testosterone.

Last edited:

River Rat

Low SHBG men can have what appears to be normal estrogen (20 pg/mL) and free estrogen can be sky high. I myself require a very, very low dose AI to help block estrogen do to my SHBG @16.

I wouldn't be targeting a higher total testosterone than you have now, it will only produce more free estrogen. Pay closer attention to free testosterone.

Any thought on injection vs gel to lower estrogen?

River Rat

I would suggest to you as you're well on track for low SHBG, request the test "Estrdiol, Free", if it's affordable for you...$108 from discounted labs last I checked.
Otherwise your E needs to come way down. With low SHBG = High Free T, also = high Free E. SHBG binds to E just like it does for T.
What is your Free T? FT shouldn't exceed the lab range much at all for the low SHBG guy, the E LC/MS/MS value probably needs to be close to the SHBG, too.
Dont be afraid to introduce anastrozole, it would appear that you need it.

How much and ofter HCG are you using? Any DHEA? (things that aromatase)

I am not taking HCG or DHEA.

KenLowT

All - been taking daily testosterone injection of 14mg per day (roughly 100mg per week). SHBG is 15, testosterone is 600 and estrodial is 42.1 (range of 8 to 35). Feel terrible; foggy headed, low energy. Can estrodial of 42 be the cause. Have ordered a full panel through defy but was curious if anyone has had symptoms from high estrodial??
I had the same symptoms with E2. My mood sucked, my energy and motivation was bad. And my thoughts were all fogged up.

KenLowT

Have you since corrected the issue with High E2 and how high was it? If so, what changes did you make?
I'm as close now as ever. My E2 has been as high as 81 and as low as 39. Both present symptoms for me. When it was at 81 I was bloated, moody, short with people, obsessive, and anxious. At 39 I was way less moody, but I go through my ups and downs. The same denominator at both levels is that I have absolutely no libido. My erections are also weak and not able to be maintained.

On Aug 23rd I consulted with a doctor at Defy Medical and changed my protocol. I increased my testosterone dosage, add HCG, was prescribes an AI, and I'm supplementing DHEA. This week I started to feel the benefits of new protocol. My libido over the past few days has been tremendous, but I took my AI too close together and now I feel like my E2 has crashed. The symptoms of low E2 and high E2 for me are very similar for me. The only difference is that my joints are hurting and my energy stinks. Once this AI clears out of my system I believe I will be close to that sweet spot again.

River Rat

I'm as close now as ever. My E2 has been as high as 81 and as low as 39. Both present symptoms for me. When it was at 81 I was bloated, moody, short with people, obsessive, and anxious. At 39 I was way less moody, but I go through my ups and downs. The same denominator at both levels is that I have absolutely no libido. My erections are also weak and not able to be maintained.

On Aug 23rd I consulted with a doctor at Defy Medical and changed my protocol. I increased my testosterone dosage, add HCG, was prescribes an AI, and I'm supplementing DHEA. This week I started to feel the benefits of new protocol. My libido over the past few days has been tremendous, but I took my AI too close together and now I feel like my E2 has crashed. The symptoms of low E2 and high E2 for me are very similar for me. The only difference is that my joints are hurting and my energy stinks. Once this AI clears out of my system I believe I will be close to that sweet spot again.
Thanks for the response and glad you are feeling the benefits of a changed protocal.

KenLowT

Thanks for the response and glad you are feeling the benefits of a changed protocal.

High or low E2 stinks my friend. I believe for guys like me who aromatize a lot of it, the key is estrogen control. If the E2 is off, the benefits of TRT will not be maximized. Like I said before I believe my E2 is currently too low because yesterday I was snapping at people and have a general malaise. Usually I'm chill and relaxed. If it weren't for the aching joints I would say it's high E2, but I know better. Today I'm feeling much more energized and my mood is positive. The joints are still aching, but I can tell the AI I took is wearing off which is a good thing. By tomorrow I bet my sex drive will return. I'm seeing some glimpses of it today.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me