AST and ALT Out of Range: Sermorelin to Blame?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Pfreed

Liver Enzymes elevated? So I am a 53 yr old male who has been taking 30ML/day Sermorelin GHRP-2/GHRP-6 for about 2 months. I have also been taking testosterone for about 5 years. My AST/ALT numbers have been normal for years and even as late as one week prior to my first dose of sermorelin. The only thing that has changed in the last to months has been the sermorelin. A blood test revealed that I now have a AST of 126 and a ALT of 65, which are both out of the normal range. All other Hepatic readings are in the normal range. Has anyone else had this happen and was it related to the sermorelin?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
I am taking Sermorelin Acetate (no GHRP-2/GHRP-6) 1000mcg QD. My AST/ALT numbers actually went down to 19/22 IU/L after starting TRT and Sermorelin. My pre-TRT/Sermorelin ALT/AST numbers were 22/33 IU/L.

One thing I noticed in the past about my ALT/AST numbers were that they easily doubled whenever I took OTC medications, especially Advil/Ibuprofen. How is your alcohol intake?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
AST and ALT can be affected by several factors unrelated to liver health.

I bet higher IGF-1 induced by the peptides is creating an increased effect of exercise on muscle hypertrophy-related enzymes that are increasing both liver function tests.

Muscular exercise can cause highly pathological liver function tests in healthy men

Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2008 Feb; 65(2): 253–259.

Muscular exercise can cause highly pathological liver function tests in healthy men

Jonas Pettersson, Ulf Hindorf, Paula Persson, Thomas Bengtsson, Ulf Malmqvist,1 Viktoria Werkström,1 and Mats Ekelund2

Abstract

Aim

To investigate the effect of intensive muscular exercise (weightlifting) on clinical chemistry parameters reflecting liver function in healthy men.

Methods

Fifteen healthy men, used to moderate physical activity not including weightlifting, performed an 1 h long weightlifting programme. Blood was sampled for clinical chemistry parameters [aspartate aminotransferase (AST), alanine aminotransferase (ALT), lactate dehydrogenase (LD), gamma-glutamyl transferase (γGT), alkaline phosphatase (ALP), bilirubin, creatine kinase (CK) and myoglobin] at repeated intervals during 7 days postexercise and at a follow-up examination 10–12 days postexercise.

Results

Five out of eight studied clinical chemistry parameters (AST, ALT, LD, CK and myoglobin) increased significantly after exercise (P < 0.01) and remained increased for at least 7 days postexercise. Bilirubin, γGT and ALP remained within the normal range.

Conclusion

The liver function parameters, AST and ALT, were significantly increased for at least 7 days after the exercise. In addition, LD and, in particular, CK and myoglobin showed highly elevated levels. These findings highlight the importance of imposing restrictions on weightlifting prior to and during clinical studies. Intensive muscular exercise, e.g. weightlifting, should also be considered as a cause of asymptomatic elevations of liver function tests in daily clinical practice.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Elevated liver enzymes can be caused by any number of things like over the counter medications to inflammation somewhere in the body that is not connected to liver pathologies.

Don't fret it; if it stays elevated for the next 6 months then you may want to do further testing but so many things can cause it I wouldn't be so concerned with one blood test to be honest.

Nutpuncher

Liver Enzymes elevated? So I am a 53 yr old male who has been taking 30ML/day Sermorelin GHRP-2/GHRP-6 for about 2 months. I have also been taking testosterone for about 5 years. My AST/ALT numbers have been normal for years and even as late as one week prior to my first dose of sermorelin. The only thing that has changed in the last to months has been the sermorelin. A blood test revealed that I now have a AST of 126 and a ALT of 65, which are both out of the normal range. All other Hepatic readings are in the normal range. Has anyone else had this happen and was it related to the sermorelin?

Are you positive that your sermorelin is actually legitimate sermorelin?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me