Anyone here use Metformin ?

Buy Lab Tests Online

broker

Im wondering if it is a safe long term medication if you are “ borderline pre diabetic”? Example, fasting glucose of 110...
anyone have any thoughts?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

captain

My thought would be for you to try it. I found it to have side effects and I feel it wasn't worth taking. It did make lab work look better but it don't make you feel better.

Vince

Super Moderator
Im wondering if it is a safe long term medication if you are “ borderline pre diabetic”? Example, fasting glucose of 110...
anyone have any thoughts?
Metformin the longevity drug. I do take metformin, 1500 mg daily. My most recent a1c was 5.1 and I just passed the 2 hour glucose tolerance test.

If you are borderline pre diabetic. It's something I would take.

gerardo

Metformin the longevity drug. I do take metformin, 1500 mg daily. My most recent a1c was 5.1 and I just passed the 2 hour glucose tolerance test.

If you are borderline pre diabetic. It's something I would take.
Vince. What is the relationship between metformin and cortisol?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

I stopped it since it was making me tired at the gym and lose my "muscle pump".

TheDracus

It has documented lowering t results. It also can adversely affect the kidneys.

If you're interested in lowering some hba1c: berberine, Ceylon cinnamon, gemmea sylvestre are far better.

Metformin is just a diareah factory.

Camisade

I'm not into making recommendations, but I use it -- 750mg XR (extended release) for longevity, for now -- I'm likely to switch to Rapamycin later this spring at which point I'll probably drop the Metformin. I'm 60yo, lean and active (lift weights and am training for a marathon), and only "pre-diabetic" to the extent required for a doc to sign off on the prescription.

I take Metformin along with TRT and Semorelin Glycine. I had no problems with nausea, diarrhea, or any other side effects when I started it, nor do I now, although I understand that some are not uncommon, initially. Despite what some claim about it interfering with muscular hypertrophy, I am adding muscle mass, have no problems in the gym or doing cardio.

FWIW, my cortisol levels are up a couple of points to 8.6, since beginning Metformin. What or whether there's a causal relationship there, I cannot say. My IGF-1 is up from 102 to 149, although I think that's more related to the Semorelin Glycine.

MarcoFL

I would not want that high of FG. How is your diet? I would probably want to get on the met. any idea what your A1C runs? fasting insulin? make sure your diet is clean!!

FlowRW

I'm on and have been for several years 2000mg of metformin daily. According to reports by several Dr's and Endocrinologists, metformin is one of the most studied and researched drugs on the market. As with any drug, there are side effects but metformin seems to be one of the safest according to those reports. Many people do report upset stomach or diarrhea. It bothers my wife, it has never bothered me.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me