Anyone Every Stop Levothyroxine?

Buy Lab Tests Online

SkyWarn

I was put on 50 mcg synthetic levothyroxine 5 months ago. It hasn't really helped and my new doc wants me to come off. Week 1 take half a pill and week 2 take half a pill every other day.
I am worried about withdrawal. Anyone else on here successfully come off?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

DragonBits

I was put on 50 mcg synthetic levothyroxine 5 months ago. It hasn't really helped and my new doc wants me to come off. Week 1 take half a pill and week 2 take half a pill every other day.
I am worried about withdrawal. Anyone else on here successfully come off?

I was taking it for a while, 25 mg twice a day, then stopped.

Not noticeable to stop, if there were withdrawal symptoms they were to vague to notice.

SkyWarn

I was taking it for a while, 25 mg twice a day, then stopped.

Not noticeable to stop, if there were withdrawal symptoms they were to vague to notice.
Thats reassuring! Do you happen to remember what your TSH was just prior to stopping? Mine is close to 0. So my concern is the TSH signaling the Thyroid and just how long that will take.

DragonBits

Thats reassuring! Do you happen to remember what your TSH was just prior to stopping? Mine is close to 0. So my concern is the TSH signaling the Thyroid and just how long that will take.

I was taking both T3/T4, my TSH was 0.972 and FT3 was 4.3 (2.0-4.4).

Now TSH is 1.84 and FT3 2.8 (2.0-4.4), RT3 is 14.6.

My TSH is normally between 1.6-1.9 so it's back to where it has historically been.

DragonBits

One reason I took the T3/T4 was that I had been taking iodine supplement, apparently I took too much and it was starting to shut down my thyroid.

My TSH went up to 3.0 and FT3 went down to 2.1 (2.0 - 4.4 range), which is nearly clinically hypothyroid.

So I am more careful with any supplement that are "high" potency. Last time I measured my Vit D levels, I was at 90.6 (30-100 range) in July 2019 which is nearly over range on vit D levels, so I stopped all vit D supplements. C0Q10 levels were 2.19 (0.37 - 2.0 range).

I worry about too many supplements Vs not enough.

SkyWarn

I was taking both T3/T4, my TSH was 0.972 and FT3 was 4.3 (2.0-4.4).

Now TSH is 1.84 and FT3 2.8 (2.0-4.4), RT3 is 14.6.

My TSH is normally between 1.6-1.9 so it's back to where it has historically been.

Prior to starting the med my TSH was normal and my T3 and T4 was just slightly low. Suspicion of a pituitary issue. Since being on Levothyroxine for 4 months my T3 and T4 came up only minimally and my TSH is now .05 and for some strange reason I developed bad insomnia and I noticed my resting heart rate increased from 65 to 80.
- Doctors feel the levo wasn't necessary so this week I began to taper. I read some people feel horrible when withdrawing from Levo until the TSH comes back up.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Some people just don't do good with T4 only. Plus you need to factor if T4 is converting adequately, compare FT3 & Reverse T3, plus review where iron/ferritin & cortisol is sitting in the mix. All are variables that will factor into the effectiveness of thyroid hormone treatment.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me