Age 65 HRT full stop and Tamoxifen

Buy Lab Tests Online

Parajack

I’m 65 and had my Defy medical consult this afternoon after being on HRT for 15 years. Thought it went well and the Defy practitioner seemed knowledgeable (I’m not all that up on things and am relying heavily of Defy)

I’ve been dealing with Cervicogenic Vertigo for 20 months and am not all that well. Lots of low grade nausea and spatial stuff. The recommendation was that I stop the E3D 30 mgs of T-cyp and start 20 mgs of Tamoxifen. The goal being to help the LH restart and run 8 weeks, retest, and then see where I stand. I’m at 629 Total T with 40 mgs E3D at blood draw.

Reading about Tamoxifen it scares the crap out of me with all those side affects. The goal here is to see how I would do without HRT. Why would I put myself at such risk when I’m already riding such a fine line? I thought I explained myself to him pretty well. Wouldn’t it make more sense to just stop the T-Cyp and see how I do without such a powerful drug added into the mix? Obviously I should have researched the Tamoxifin before spending all that $ and getting the order in. He made it sound like it was no big deal at all.
Thanks
Jack

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

Wouldn’t it make more sense to just stop the T-Cyp and see how I do without such a powerful drug added into the mix?
I don't know any better clinic than Defy Medical, and have used them multiple times throughout the years and don't have any reason not to return if the need arises.

The doctors at Defy are light years ahead of your average sick care doctors.

It's not like the Tamoxifen is a mega dose, actually 20 mg is on the lower end.

Last edited:

Parajack

I don't know any better clinic than Defy Medical, and have used them multiple times throughout the years and don't have any reason not to return if the need arises.

It’s not a confidence issue with Defy Medical. It’s just the shock of reading about the drug I’m about to start taking in such a fragile state of health. It skew’s the whole risk reward thing for me and I have only a fraction of the confidence I had after the call. I can’t afford to lose ground on any front right now or I risk going back in to a disabled life.

JmarkH

I’ve been dealing with Cervicogenic Vertigo for 20 months and am not all that well. Lots of low grade nausea and spatial stuff. The recommendation was that I stop the E3D 30 mgs of T-cyp and start 20 mgs of Tamoxifen. The goal being to help the LH restart and run 8 weeks, retest, and then see where I stand. I’m at 629 Total T with 40 mgs E3D at blood draw.
I'm 63 and suffer from vestibular vertigo; saw doctors and did vestibular physical therapy. What I found helped the most were Tai Chi ball exercises.

I know you said you have cervicogenic vertigo, but one of the treatments is vestibular therapy. In my case, I had one inner ear that was off on the fore and aft axis and the other off on the side to side axis. I was a mess. Last year I didn’t even try to ride my motorcycle.

Two things I did that practically wiped out my vestibular vertigo were Tai Chi ball exercises (turning the head to follow the hand and change eye focus points) and stopping daily evening melatonin.

As for the rest of your post, I’ll leave that up to the more experienced. All I know is that chronic vertigo is a quality-of-life killer. If you don’t get this addressed, the other issues may not matter much.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
I'd be leery of tamoxifen too, but it's probably ok for that relatively short duration. I don't know why they didn't offer enclomiphene instead. I think it's a safer drug. I have tried tamoxifen but it gave me GI pain 24/7, so could not continue it. No such issues with enclomiphene, which I use long-term.

madman

Super Moderator

Yet they are still out to lunch when it comes to testing one of the most important blood markers free testosterone.

Still pushing that piss poor direct immunoassay!

Many have no clue where their FT level truly sits.

MIP1950

I’m 65 and had my Defy medical consult this afternoon after being on HRT for 15 years. Thought it went well and the Defy practitioner seemed knowledgeable (I’m not all that up on things and am relying heavily of Defy)

Reading about Tamoxifen it scares the crap out of me with all those side affects. The goal here is to see how I would do without HRT. Why would I put myself at such risk when I’m already riding such a fine line? I thought I explained myself to him pretty well. Wouldn’t it make more sense to just stop the T-Cyp and see how I do without such a powerful drug added into the mix? Obviously I should have researched the Tamoxifin before spending all that $ and getting the order in. He made it sound like it was no big deal at all.
Thanks
Jack
Have you had an MRI of the cervical spine? An old friend was experiencing weakness, trouble walking, falling down, urinary and bowel incontinence. He was referred to a neurologist and the MRI showed that he had two herniated discs/spinal stenosis in the C-spine, impinging on several nerves. He underwent surgery a few weeks ago and is now slowly recovering. I don't see how stopping testosterone and replacing it with tamoxifen will help in any way.

Parajack

Have you had an MRI of the cervical spine? An old friend was experiencing weakness, trouble walking, falling down, urinary and bowel incontinence. He was referred to a neurologist and the MRI showed that he had two herniated discs/spinal stenosis in the C-spine, impinging on several nerves. He underwent surgery a few weeks ago and is now slowly recovering. I don't see how stopping testosterone and replacing it with tamoxifen will help in any way.

Thanks yes I’ve had much diagnostic work including MRI. My issue is a TMJ which went bad and required surgical reconstruction. I had a jaw partially locked up and that sent the masseter muscles into a state of chronic tension which really messed up my neck - and thus the Cervicogenic vertigo. I’m on the road to recovery and greatly improving since I bit the bullet and started a plant based diet.

My hope was to see where I stand without HRT and then reevaluate. Is it really gonna make a difference stopping the HRT and letting my endocrine system restart without the hard core pharmaceutical?

Parajack

I'm 63 and suffer from vestibular vertigo; saw doctors and did vestibular physical therapy. What I found helped the most were Tai Chi ball exercises.

I know you said you have cervicogenic vertigo, but one of the treatments is vestibular therapy. In my case, I had one inner ear that was off on the fore and aft axis and the other off on the side to side axis. I was a mess. Last year I didn’t even try to ride my motorcycle.

Two things I did that practically wiped out my vestibular vertigo were Tai Chi ball exercises (turning the head to follow the hand and change eye focus points) and stopping daily evening melatonin.

As for the rest of your post, I’ll leave that up to the more experienced. All I know is that chronic vertigo is a quality-of-life killer. If you don’t get this addressed, the other issues may not matter much.
Thanks yes I’ve had much diagnostic work including MRI. Although I certainly did have some vestibular issues early on, I’m well past that side of it now. My issue is a TMJ which went bad and required surgical reconstruction. I had a jaw partially locked up and that sent the masseter muscles into a state of chronic tension which really messed up my neck - and thus the Cervicogenic vertigo. I’m almost 9 months post op and on the road to recovery and greatly improving since I bit the bullet and started a plant based diet as well. That’s been a game changer.

I agree in that the whole vertigo thing is a horrible disability to have to deal with - especially long term.

Parajack

I'd be leery of tamoxifen too, but it's probably ok for that relatively short duration. I don't know why they didn't offer enclomiphene instead. I think it's a safer drug. I have tried tamoxifen but it gave me GI pain 24/7, so could not continue it. No such issues with enclomiphene, which I use long-term.
There must be plenty of people like me who just stopped the HRT cold Turkey without drug intervention. I mean I had no problem starting it without help 15 years ago LOL. I guess the only thing I’m really concerned with is how sore my testicles might get and for how long. 15 years is a long time to be parked on standby for some of the function.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
There must be plenty of people like me who just stopped the HRT cold Turkey without drug intervention. I mean I had no problem starting it without help 15 years ago LOL. I guess the only thing I’m really concerned with is how sore my testicles might get and for how long. 15 years is a long time to be parked on standby for some of the function.
There's nothing wrong with going the natural route in a restart. I haven't seen hard evidence of better outcomes or faster results with SERM use. It's quite plausible that they speed up the process, but I doubt they are essential in most cases.

Parajack

There's nothing wrong with going the natural route in a restart. I haven't seen hard evidence of better outcomes or faster results with SERM use. It's quite plausible that they speed up the process, but I doubt they are essential in most cases.
Thanks that’s very helpful

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching