After many years I think I've figured my situation out

Buy Lab Tests Online

sh1973

My doctor hasn’t commented on the thyroid numbers yet, but to me it seems there’s definite room for improvement.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

BigBamBoo

Just read through your thread. Very encouraging for me. I am a high SHBG guy (60-70). I am doing .40mg of T every 3.5 days with 500iu of HCG same days as the T. No AI.

I just did my first 90 day blood draw. And my T numbers are up. TT 1000+ and FT 28.

But my E is 75!

I do do not want to take a AI, so I am hoping I can drop my T dose and lower my E.

Keep updating.

BigBamBoo

I just want to feel good and not just ok like I do now.

I think some folks get hung up on numbers. And seeing those 1000+ FT numbers look good. But at the end of the day it is quality of life that counts.

Thanks for your thread.

fifty

@sh1973

Any updates on this? I am thinking of dropping my dose way down like you. I’m currently on 46mg 3x/wk. I tried dropping hcg and ai but starting to feel worse (can’t sleep, anxiety, etc).

I might try 34mg mwf. Thoughts? I know you advised similar in the past but I only dropped 10%. I just feel myself continually feeling everything is too much. For example 250iu and 500iu doses of hcg were of equal effectivenesss for me (my balls).

equel

Ive seen this many times now. A friend of mine is on two 20mg injections a week and do much better than when he uses 140mg.

Some men just have stronger receptors or something so they dont need much.

sh1973

I have high shbg as well. The body only produces 4-7mg per day naturally so 40mg per week as you stated would be normal for the lower end.

fifty

Interesting. Body only produces 7mg per day?!

I always feel that I typically don’t need a high dose of any supplement. Maybe trt is no different.

NL77

SH1973 glad you’re doing well. So you’ve felt good since June of last year at the lower dose? I was wondering what dose you were on before you switched to this new protocol and how you dropped your dose and how long it took for you to notice the difference. I do pretty well at 50 mg cypionate twice a week but have tried decreasing just to see if estradiol would drop a bit and erections would be awesome etc. I’ve had times where Erections felt like I could pick up a car and then others where it’s just so so. Regardless when I take 50mg twice a week and stick with it I feel good over all and E is great. What’s crazy is I’ll pull follow up bloods and I will swear my E 2 at lab Corp is going to be around 31 because my erections are good and this last time E2 was 58 and my TT was 680. Was feeling good and decided to skip a dose and drop to 40mg twice a week but lost all sensitivity and morning E left again. I always pull my trough levels at the same time on fridays the morning my second shot for the week is due. Like you I’ve been dealing with it for 7 years or so and could not handle 100 mg shots at s time once a week or 200mg every two weeks. I would blow up like a blimp and felt horrible. Ever since I’ve been at 50 mg twice a week over the last year I’ve done very well. The only reason I was really trying to lower it was because of the Recent E2 number but I was feeling awesome. I guess my biggest revelation is that the numbers are horse crap and you should just go with how you’re feeling

sh1973

You’re exactly right. I’m trying to go a few weeks without anything at this point to see if I feel better off. I figure since I feel better with lower levels perhaps I’ll feel better natural but as of now don’t feel too well.

antelopers

First of all this is absolute untruth. Dr Gordon, one of the biggest names in TRT has many patients doing well within the 50-60mg range and an occasional 80mg per week. This post is what I’ve found that works for me and isn’t meant to diagnose any other members.
Very interested in your thread. It seems every time I raise my dose I feel temporarily better and then the sides inevitably occur.

I was a patient of Dr Gordon for a long time. I have many issues with the way he practices trt and unfortunately had to abandon his practice, but can confirm he has a lot of success with low doses. FYI, when he says 60-80mg per week, he has a strict every 3 day dosing schedule of 30 or 40 mg every 3 days. So it's actually 70-93mg weekly total.

I have mid range shbg around 35 or so, and am strongly considering going back to the 40mg e3d protocol given your success, despite that it would put my free T at the low end of the range. I seem to get estradiol related sides as well when I approach 30 on the sensitive test.

Gman86

Honestly 60-80mg per week is all I can tolerate. Can’t tolerate anything like hcg or dhea

So before you said that while on the low test dose, you all of a sudden could tolerate DHEA, and that it seemed to improve sexual function a little. Did things change in regards to DHEA? Did it end up effecting you adversely?

sh1973

For me antelopers I need free t in the 12-15ng range to feel best. Anything over 20 and I feel horrible in every regard.

antelopers

For me antelopers I need free t in the 12-15ng range to feel best. Anything over 20 and I feel horrible in every regard.
I'm experiencing a similar effect. With my free T higher, even with my e2 below 30 I just don't feel right. I felt my best when it was around 13.5-14 and my e2 was around 20.

Logan24

Yeah more surely isn’t always better
This is so interesting. I’ve been on trt for about 18 months trying to get dialed in. I started at 100mg/wk and haven’t really deviated much other than to try different frequency. My SHGB is 70 so total is around 1000 but free is more like 13-14. I never know if I should increase my dose to improve free t to the top end of range or reduce dose because I tend to feel better just before my next shot. I always thought it was e2 issues but maybe i would do better with a lower dose like you. Most people and even doctors don’t seem to recommend it I guess because it doesnt work for most people especially with high shbg like us. I just switched to an eod protocol (still at 100mg/wk) to see if smaller injections would help me. Did you ever try that? Curious if it’s the lower weekly dose that helps or just smaller dose at each injection if that makes sense.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me