Adderall to lower prolactin

Buy Lab Tests Online

PeteMitchell

Since dopamine inhibits prolactin, wouldn't adderall (which I believe increases dopamine) have the effect of decreasing dopamine? Is my thinking correct?

I have read on a few message boards where adderall INCREASES prolactin, and my prolactin is already a tag high. Quick responses are appreciated, as I have to take the MPRE Saturday, and REALLY need to pop a few adderall tomorrow and friday.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Since dopamine inhibits prolactin, wouldn't adderall (which I believe increases dopamine) have the effect of decreasing dopamine? Is my thinking correct?

I have read on a few message boards where adderall INCREASES prolactin, and my prolactin is already a tag high. Quick responses are appreciated, as I have to take the MPRE Saturday, and REALLY need to pop a few adderall tomorrow and friday.

What are you trying to do...decrease Prolactin, increase Dopamine...both?

PeteMitchell

I'm in the middle of trying b6 now....prolactin is not dangerously high, but it is outside Nirmal range. I just need to know how adderall effects my dopamine and prolactin levels.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Horm Metab Res. 1983 Sep;15(9):439-43

Prolactin lowering effect of amphetamine in normoprolactinemic subjects and in physiological and pathological hyperprolactinemia.

DeLeo V, Cella SG, Camanni F, Genazzani AR, Müller EE.

Abstract

The effect on plasma prolactin (PRL) of d-amphetamine (Amph) was studied in normo- and hyperprolactinemic subjects. In normoprolactinemic women Amph failed to lower plasma PRL levels when infused intravenously over 1 h at the dose of 7.5 mg, but induced at the dose of 15.0 mg a modest inhibition of plasma PRL (maximum PRL inhibition 20 +/- 4.5% at 45 min). Likewise, in puerperal women Amph at the dose of 7.5 mg did not decrease significantly plasma PRL levels but it was active in this respect (maximum inhibition 37 +/- 10% at 120 min) at the dose of 15.0 mg. In subjects with presumptive evidence of a PRL-secreting adenoma, Amph at either the 7.5 mg or the 15.0 mg dose failed to alter baseline PRL levels. These results indicate that Amph is a poor PRL suppressor in either normo- or hyperprolactinemic subjects. It is proposed that this may be due to the drug's ability to effect release of dopamine mainly from a non-granular pool of the amine.

PeteMitchell

Thanks Nelson. If I read that correctly, it's saying that adderall raises prolactin. Granted, I only understand about 1/2 of what I read on those studies.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me