TRT essential Labs

Buy Lab Tests Online

Qigon22

I have been on TRT for 1 year and am going in for a yearly physical. My MD who happens to be my best friend, has been in practice for over 25 years and is very knowledgeable. Unfortunately, not when it relates to TRT as he believes that as long as you feel well on your dose it's ok. Personally I like to measure changes and their effect on the body. I was on 100mg every 4 days. Finally not feeling well I had him run some basic blood work. My T levels where 4231.9 ng/dl, Free T 185.36 ng/dl- 4.38%. ED/libido were an issue which they weren't before. I lowered my dose to 20mg every 4 days.
What other lab values would be important to look at?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
I have been on TRT for 1 year and am going in for a yearly physical. My MD who happens to be my best friend, has been in practice for over 25 years and is very knowledgeable. Unfortunately, not when it relates to TRT as he believes that as long as you feel well on your dose it's ok. Personally I like to measure changes and their effect on the body. I was on 100mg every 4 days. Finally not feeling well I had him run some basic blood work. My T levels where 4231.9 ng/dl, Free T 185.36 ng/dl- 4.38%. ED/libido were an issue which they weren't before. I lowered my dose to 20mg every 4 days.

This is not how someone should be treated when on trt.

When first starting therapy blood work will be done at 6 weeks once blood levels have stabilized as not only do we want to know where said protocol (dose T/injection frequency) has your trough TT, FT, SHBG, e2, DHT, prolactin, but also to look at other blood health markers such as psa, CBC which will include RBCs/hemoglobin/hematocrit.

Anytime a protocol is tweaked (dose increase/decrease) blood work will be done at 6 weeks once levels have stabilized.

Blood work should be done twice yearly (full set of labs every 6 months) or 6 weeks after a dose change.

Blood work is critical as the goal of trt is to replace physiological levels through the use of exogenous T which results in relief/improvement of low-t symptoms and increased overall well-being while at the same time avoiding/minimizing and potential side-effects and keeping blood markers healthy long-term.

Your best friend/doctor is not looking out for you and he should know better!

madman

Super Moderator

Post labs with reference ranges.

No way you are hitting a TT 4232 ng/dL injecting 100 mg every 4 days and regarding FT you did not post reference ranges so it would be out of the ballpark.

Where did you go for blood work and what assays were used for TT/FT?

Qigon22

Thank you very much! He has routinely ordered the blood health markers. It's the TRT related effects were he lacks. On the positive side I have complete control of any adjustment as he trust that with my over 30 years with Big Pharma I do my research and follow the advice of knowledgeable people like yourself and many in this group.

Qigon22

Post labs with reference ranges.

No way you are hitting a TT 4232 ng/dL injecting 100 mg every 4 days and regarding FT you did not post reference ranges so it would be out of the ballpark.

Where did you go for blood work and what assays were used for TT/FT?

Qigon22

TESTOSTERONE,TOTAL

4,601 ng/dL

241 to 827 ng/dL241 - 827 ng/dL

Not sure if the health system lab does these labs or send them out.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
This is the most basic panel

Here are a few more advanced ones (it's all about what symptoms you have and how much you can afford)

Targets to monitor:

Qigon22

This is the most basic panel

Here are a few more advanced ones (it's all about what symptoms you have and how much you can afford)

Targets to monitor:

Thanks! I really it.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale