The Defy Physical: Always an Adventure

Buy Lab Tests Online

Pranayama

I had an interesting little journey today to get my annual Defy physical. Last year this time I went to Redi clinic in the Houston area and used the Defy form and got it done quickly without issue by an NP. Today was a different story alas !

I scheduled my appointment and went at the time I scheduled. When I got there I was asked what kind of physical and I showed the MA the form. She says " this is beyond the scope of our practice". I said, well it wasn't last year when I did it here. She said: " That NP made a mistake she should have never done it. " Hmmm. I then asked so why is it out of the scope? It's just a basic physical. She said "well there has been corporate changes, we don't do this now".

I then asked can I get a sports physical? She said:"no we only do school and camp physicals now". You would need the forms from them. Ok. I gave up and decided to go to the CVS minute clinic, which other members here said they got Defy physicals from.

I arrived at the CVS clinic and waited about 40 minutes for the appointment. The NP came out and asked what kind of physical did I want? I showed her the form and her first response was: " oh, only a DR can do this". I showed her clearly at the top it says an NP can do it also. She still seemed skeptical. Then she asked: " What is this Defy medical and what do they do?" I told her simply that they deal with Men's and Women's health issues. I told her if she has any questions she can call them. She then said:" I need to talk to a regional manager about this I'll be right back."

About 5 minutes later she cam back and said: "I looked up Defy online and I see they deal with hormones". Yes, that is correct I said. She then looked at me like I may go into a roid rage at any moment lol. "Well she said, first of all this form is not complete enough and I would never complete it anyway". Then she said: " This telemedicine is very suspicious, how can you get care if the Dr is so far"? I informed her I get thorough labs every few months and consults and that I am very happy with the care. She still had a puzzled look on her face.

I then asked if I could get a general physical or sports physical, as I wanted to be sure I was ok and had peace of mind. She said: " Oh we only do that if your playing on a team". I asked what if it was for personal peace of mind, like I wanted to start a new excercise regimen. She said something to the effect of: " well your not a pro sports player, why would you need it"? So, at that point I was done with her nonsense and left.

I then then went to a local urgent care who said they do Physical exams. The Dr. There asked me some questions about Defy and my medical history and did the physical exam. No problems, and they took my insurance. End of story, but what a strange day. I had heard of no issues getting the physical done at the Minute clinic so I was indeed surprised. :)

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gianluca

i hear you, I have been with Defy since November 2015, and every year is a journey to get that form done, I get same answers all the time

KSPhD

Cripes - what a pain. All you were asking for was a physical. Thankfully my PCP is cool about the whole thing. She just told me to watch my Hct and looked over my previous labs showing low T.

Pranayama

I was considering my PCP for the physical, but the wait is about 2 months. I think next year I'll schedule it for around this time of year.

You'd think asking for a simple physical would not be so complicated. Do they not trust themselves enough to make a sound clinical judgment without some official reason (sports teams, camp, school etc.) to do the physical?

I was considering my PCP for the physical, but the wait is about 2 months. I think next year I'll schedule it for around this time of year.

You'd think asking for a simple physical would not be so complicated. Do they not trust themselves enough to make a sound clinical judgment without some official reason (sports teams, camp, school etc.) to do the physical?

I think it's the liability, they feel they may be liable if this "dangerous" hormone thing causes you harm. They don't understand it so they fear it.

I think the best thing to do would be to get a physical done without the form saying defy medical on it, or just get the documents from your doctors office that they make themselves and submit that.

I once removed the header from the form and told them it was for a sports league.

johnt

Defy should really just have a generic form that one can submit to doctor's office to complete. I would just tell clinic I am starting a workout program and person/company wants me to have a physical with form completed.

Pranayama

These are good suggestions. My work has actually started forming a softball team. In the case of the minute clinic NP, even if Defy was not on it she would not have done it. She balked at the beginning before she knew anything about Defy. So our mileage may vary even without Defy on the form.

They are obviously not used to someone just wanting a physical for peace of mind.

I had the same issues and what finally worked was just getting an "employment physical" and not mentioning anything else.

It was a weird experience though dealing with these places to get a simple functional physical when I did say what it was for -- it felt like I was asking for a prescription for LSD. Getting an employment physical gave everything needed and there were no hassles

Vince

Super Moderator
Every year I get a wellness exam. I just bring the forms along and have my doctor fill them out after my wellness exam. I've never had any problems and so many men now are on trt. It's pretty common for doctors to see men who are on this type of therapy because of their older age and wanting to stay fit.
I also get my dr. staff to fax the forms for me. :)

Pranayama

Thanks for the info Vince. I am looking for a change anyway from my current PCP. She is a female and very uninformed about TRT. She referred me before to a urologist she knows who only prescribes androgel. So, I never went to him as I have no interest in that high cost, often ineffective method of delivery.

I just need to find a good male PCP who won't freak out about TRT with Defy.

I white out "defy medical" on their supplied form and tell my NP its a work physical. As you see in most instances there's any mention of hormones or telemed many providers go in to severe bias mode. The "why" you need it is immaterial to the exam, call it whatever...DOT physical, work physical, wellness exam, but never bring HRT in to the discussion.

Loki

The only issue I had on my most recent was the doctor wanting to inspect my "man parts" as he described.... That was a first for me and caught me off guard.... Anybody else experience this?

CoastWatcher

Thanks for the info Vince. I am looking for a change anyway from my current PCP. She is a female and very uninformed about TRT. She referred me before to a urologist she knows who only prescribes androgel. So, I never went to him as I have no interest in that high cost, often ineffective method of delivery.

Gender doesn't qualify or disqualify a doctor in respect to TRT - uninformed physicians abound.

Pranayama

I agree completely Coast. It's just I feel my odds would be better with a male PCP. But I am certainly open to a female PCP who is versed or open to me being a patient of Defy.

Vince

Super Moderator

All my PCP doctors have been females. I like when they check my man parts. :eek:

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me