Some aromatize a lot or a little?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
It refers to the relative amounts one may have of the aromatase enzyme, which converts testosterone to estradiol. When guys see their estradiol is high compared to what might be expected for their level of testosterone they might assume they aromatize a lot. That is, they have more aromatase enzyme than average and thus make more estradiol for a given amount of testosterone. Being overweight is a known way to have more aromatase.

slicktop

Some threads state some folks "aromatize a lot" or "aromatize a little". What does this mean? Is it related to SHBG?
Well... unfortunately, I think the best answer is "probably". Basically, some men just convert more testosterone into estrogen than others via a process called aromatization, regardless of the reason. It's a necessary process for a healthy, functional hormone axis, but it can get out of control just like anything else. A better answer might be to say there's at least some correlation in some men between lower SHBG and higher aromatization. We tend to get off on a tangent regarding SHBG, aromatization, and optimum E2 levels around here. There's several factors that can affect your aromatization... SHBG seems to be one, body fat percentage certainly seems to affect it, alcohol consumption, exercise frequency, diet, etc, etc, etc.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
... A better answer might be to say there's at least some correlation in some men between lower SHBG and higher aromatization. ...
Perhaps you're conflating having relatively high free estradiol with excess aromatization, when they are likely pretty independent conditions. Low SHBG can lead to the former, while excess aromatase—or hCG use—leads to the latter. But if you've found a reference for a direct connection between aromatase and SHBG then I'd be interested in reading it. A known correlation is that estrogens spur greater SHBG production.

slicktop

Perhaps you're conflating having relatively high free estradiol with excess aromatization, when they are likely pretty independent conditions. .
Yes, that's what I was basically intending. Perhaps correlation wasn't the right way to word it. Basically, when we round up the "usual suspects" for estradiol issues in men, SHBG inevitably gets put in the line up with all the others, including the aromatase enzyme, even when it's probably at most an accomplice, but rarely (if ever) should it be the main suspect.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Is the amount of amortizing enzyme someone has (naturally or pre-TRT) more closely related to SHBG or estradiol level in the blood?
Aromatase is probably not related to SHBG, but it will correlate well with estradiol because aromatase is needed to create estradiol. I'm not aware of TRT affecting aromatase directly, though if TRT improves body composition that could reduce aromatase a little.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me