Semaglutide Forum: Game Changer for Weight Loss

Buy Lab Tests Online

sammmy

It's time to rain on this parade with some side effects:

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
T

tareload

It's time to rain on this parade with some side effects:

I have been raining pretty good with non-trivial non cosmetic sides. Beware.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
“Facial wasting” happens in a lot of people who lose a lot of weight. I am not surprised.

This drug is helping thousands. If they find a way to make it cheaper and get all insurance policies to cover it for weight loss, we may stop seeing such huge obese people everywhere. Death rates in that population is high and even if you don’t die, disability due to joint issues or cardiovascular disease are common. The cost savings can justify the use of this and other drugs in that class.

Our society is beyond help by “natural means” like diet and exercise. No shaming here, just a fact. This generation and future ones will have shorter life expectancies than their parents. Processed foods, electronics that glue us to chairs, and impaired sleep are the perfect storm in this country.

sammmy

The whole story is a self-perpetuating chain of a problem which creates another problem, which creates the next problem ... till infinity.

First, they pollute the American diet by injecting addictive sugar in everything (with a clear agenda) and non-surprisingly people get fat, cancer, and heart attacks. Now, they put those same people on indefinite injectable drug, which in turn causes facial wasting. The "brilliant" solution of this new problem is to make these people pay for injectable facial fillers, which will make them look like freaks in a few decades.

The only way to break that chain of "unfortunate events" and pseudo-solutions that create new problems is at the very beginning - stop eating processed food with tons of sugar.

T

tareload

Last edited by a moderator:

Vince

Super Moderator
My wife started using semaglutide, about 5 years ago due to her type 2 diabetes. She is no longer a diabetic but she continues to use the drug. She did not know it caused her to lose weight. She has lost about 35 lb and believed it was because of her healthy eating. I'm the one who told her about the effects of semaglutide. She felt bad after I explained it to her.

Jed Dorsey

Uh yeah.

Keep paying. I will pass.

Repugnant human farming.
You must be naturally thin. I understand her case I’ve always struggled to keep weight off as well. I been on compounded Semaglutide 1.5 mg/week now for over a year I’ve plateaued when it comes to weight loss started at 240 and now at 210 it doesn’t seem like much but I also lift weights and have increased muscle size adding weight to my body. 160 Test/300 Deca so far so good no negative side effects with the AAS but have had negative side effects with Semaglutide, if I try to increase the dose I will get skin irritation but not visible irritation it’s more like subcutaneous skin irritation that last about a week then subsides.

Last edited:

Jed Dorsey

Firstly I don’t believe your first pics weight of 300-320 you could have created that on your 12 year olds computer. Your also about 6 feet tall and your overweight isn’t as noticeable as it is to a man who’s 5’7” let alone a woman who stands at 5’2”
You’re missing the point it’s how noticeable one appears that mentally affects a person’s view of themselves not their actual weight to begin with but good work nonetheless. Try again bud

T

tareload

You’re missing the point it’s how noticeable
I am very aware of what a 46 to 48" inch feels and looks like. I don't even like my 34 to 35" waist today.

Thanks for the compliment you think I actually faked the before pic and stats. Mind blown. Hat tip.

Waist to height ratio is a great way to track all this...shoot for under 0.5 (preferably 0.46).

BigTex

“Facial wasting” happens in a lot of people who lose a lot of weight. I am not surprised.

This drug is helping thousands. If they find a way to make it cheaper and get all insurance policies to cover it for weight loss, we may stop seeing such huge obese people everywhere. Death rates in that population is high and even if you don’t die, disability due to joint issues or cardiovascular disease are common. The cost savings can justify the use of this and other drugs in that class.

Our society is beyond help by “natural means” like diet and exercise. No shaming here, just a fact. This generation and future ones will have shorter life expectancies than their parents. Processed foods, electronics that glue us to chairs, and impaired sleep are the perfect storm in this country.
Been around competitive BB'ers most of my life, including my wife. They can drop 20-30lbs+ off their frame in 10-12 weeks. Hard to even recognize some of them because of the change in the face. No matter how you chose to lose weight your face will also drop the fat stored there. Many of the female BB'ers have gone to breast implants because the hard diet is like letting the air out of the tires. I certainly agree with @Nelson that benefits far outweigh the risks. Obesity is one of the leading causes of death. Myself, I dropped from 300lbs to 236 in a matter of 6 months. All I did was cut the tremendous amount of calories I ate. Most people it's just not this easy. I drop weight by missing a meal, some can't stop being hungry. Not all of us fit in the same mold in life.

BigTex

Obesity can quickly lead to the following:

1. Cardiovascular Disease: Obesity increases the risk of various cardiovascular conditions, including coronary artery disease, heart attacks, heart failure, and high blood pressure. Excess body fat can lead to the accumulation of plaque in the arteries, restricting blood flow and increasing the workload on the heart.
  2. Type 2 Diabetes
  3. Respiratory Problems: Obesity can contribute to respiratory issues such as sleep apnea, obesity hypoventilation syndrome, and asthma. Excess weight can put pressure on the chest and lungs, affecting lung function and causing breathing difficulties.
  4. Joint Problems: The excess weight places additional strain on the joints, particularly the knees and hips. This can lead to conditions like osteoarthritis, a degenerative joint disease characterized by pain, stiffness, and reduced mobility.
  5. Increased Cancer Risk: Obesity has been linked to an increased risk of various types of cancer, including breast, colorectal, pancreatic, kidney, and liver cancer.
  6. Mental Health Disorders: Obesity is associated with an increased risk of mental health conditions such as depression, anxiety, and low self-esteem. Negative body image, societal stigma, and the psychological impact of obesity can contribute to these mental health issues.
  7. Fatty Liver Disease
  8. Kidney Disease: Obesity is a risk factor for developing chronic kidney disease.
  9. Reproductive Disorders: Obesity can affect reproductive health in both males and females. In women.
  10. Increased Mortality: Overall, obesity reduces life expectancy and increases the risk of premature death.
None of these are very much fun either. I would hope that people that are over weight would learn to use a proper diet but even in a clinical setting that is not always going to work. Exercise and proper diet will sooner or later have to take place but getting rid of the fat can make it much easier to deal with in the long run. You succeeded in your quest to lose fat, but not everyone is going to be as successful as you were. Failing with some will end up in death.

BigTex

Guys let me give you and example of the knowledge about nutrition out there. I am very anal about keeping track of everything I do, Hell I even do my wife's self employment taxes. So at the cardiologist today he was shocked at how I track events of a-fib over time by two different methods and showed him all the results. He said very few people even try to do this. He also brought up nutrition. So I showed him the app on my phone for entering my diet and analyzing it. I have done this since around 1985 when I completed my master's degree. He was socked again. He said he doesn't have one patient that has a clue about nutrition much less track it like I have. This is just what we are up against. Most people have no clue about what to eat, how to l9se weight and can't afford a nutritionist or weight loss coach. The majority of people in the USA have a negative view about exercise in any form. Heck I deal with this in the classroom every semester. I teach a required class and the majority don't care about it other than they have to have the credit to graduate.

This problem needs to be addressed, but nothing has been done to address it. Thus the biggest factor leading to death is sedentary life styles, all over the world. Those of us here are just a drop in a big bucket that even bother to ask questions and learn. But I would also imagine that even here there are a few that don't practice good nutrition or even bother with exercise. Drugs are the easy way without having to learn nutrition which is a pain in the ass or put themselves in a huge uncomfortable zone getting off their butts to exercise. While these drugs are certainly not optimal its better than the alternative. Hopefully somewhere along the line these people will get some of the weight off, feel better about themselves and get up and start moving around. This may help stimulate some interest in learning how to eat right. Put down Twitter, Tic Tock and Instagram and start doing something to help yourself and avoid a slow miserable death.

T

tareload

Say it ain't so...

ROFL.

The document looked “like something that was purchased on the Alibaba marketplace that was slid out the back doors of a Chinese chemical plant,” he said.

Why can't I "like" my own posts?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Patients with diabetes with and without sodium-glucose cotransporter-2 inhibitors use with incident cancer risk
Wei-Syun Hu a b, Cheng-Li Lin c

Highlights
•The study compared the incidence of cancer between patients with diabetes with and without SGLT2 inhibitors use in Taiwan between 2016-2019.

•The strength of this study was from a large dataset.

•Out study showed that patients with diabetes who took SGLT2 inhibitors had a significantly lower risk of cancer.

Abstract
Purpose
The study compared the incidence of cancer between patients with diabetes with and without sodium-glucose cotransporter-2 (SGLT2) inhibitors use.

Methods
This study identified a non-SGLT2 inhibitor cohort of 325,989 patients and a SGLT2 inhibitor cohort of 325,990 patients. The primary interest of this study was the occurrence of cancer. Hazard ratios (HRs) and 95 % confidence intervals (CIs) were estimated using Cox proportional hazard models.

Results
Patients receiving SGLT2 inhibitors (adjusted HR = 0.79, 95 % CI = 0.76–0.83) had a significantly lower risk of developing cancer than patients without receiving SGLT2 inhibitors.

Conclusion
The results demonstrated that patients with diabetes receiving SGLT2 inhibitors had a significantly lower risk of cancer.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Demystifying Compounded Semaglutide: A Safe and Legal Option

In recent times, there has been much debate and misinformation circulating about compounded semaglutide, a medication often used when the brand-name drug, Ozempic, is scarce or unaffordable. To clear the air, we're here to dispel the myths and provide you with reliable facts about this medication.

First and foremost, it's essential to understand the role of pharmacies and compounded medications. Pharmacies do not "sell" drugs in the conventional sense. Instead, they dispense medications in accordance with a doctor's, nurse practitioner's, or physician assistant's prescription.

These healthcare professionals are the decision-makers when it comes to prescribing drugs. They will choose a compounded drug when they believe it offers the best therapeutic option for a patient. Often, compounded medications are preferred when FDA-approved drugs don't come in the necessary strengths or dosage forms for a particular patient.

Contrary to some misconceptions, compounded drugs like semaglutide are not "knock-offs." State pharmacy boards and the FDA regularly inspect pharmacies that comply with strict compliance standards and are legally prepared. These pharmacies use pure ingredients and follow strict protocols to ensure the safety and quality of the compounded drugs they produce.

A compounded drug like semaglutide is not a substitute for an FDA-approved drug. Instead, it is a customized medication, prescribed in a specific dosage, form, or combination, designed to meet the unique needs of a patient.

Importantly, in times of drug shortages, which have been more common in the post-COVID era, federal law permits the compounding of certain medications. This provision helps ensure that patients can continue to receive the care they need, even when brand-name drugs like Ozempic are not readily available.

Do compounded drugs work as they are intended to? According to patient reports, the answer is generally "yes." However, it's worth noting that these drugs are not labeled as "safe" and "effective" because these terms have specific legal meanings tied to FDA approval.

The FDA advises patients to use compounded drugs only when an FDA-approved alternative is unavailable. This advice is prudent, but with Ozempic being out of stock for over a year, compounded semaglutide has become an important solution for many.

However, a word of caution: Be wary of online sources selling substances claimed to be semaglutide without a prescription. These are not legally compounded drugs, and these sources often lack the necessary licenses and regulations. Claims about such substances cannot be trusted and could pose a risk to your health.

The FDA has also warned against compounded medications made from active pharmaceutical ingredients that differ from those found in approved drugs like Wegovy and Ozempic. Other than this warning, the FDA's stance on compounded drugs remains unchanged.

In conclusion, while compounded drugs like semaglutide are not FDA-approved, that doesn't necessarily mean they are unsafe. These medications are individually tailored for each patient, which is why they can't be approved in the same way as mass-produced drugs. The recent recalls of FDA-approved eye drops serve as evidence that FDA approval is not an absolute guarantee of safety. Therefore, compounded semaglutide, when prepared correctly and prescribed appropriately, can be a safe and legal option for patients who cannot access or afford brand-name semaglutide.

Here are some tips for choosing a reputable compounding pharmacy:

1. The pharmacy should be licensed by the state in which it operates.
  2. The pharmacy should be accredited by a nationally recognized organization, such as the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP).
  3. The pharmacy should have a good reputation with other healthcare professionals.
  4. The pharmacy should be willing to answer your questions about the medication and its safety.
If you are considering using compounded semaglutide, be sure to do your research and talk to your doctor to make sure that it is the right choice for you.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
@readalot you are a man that obviously does not need help for weight loss. Millions do and they have tried everything. Not everyone is gifted with genes or structure to follow a “healthy diet” and exercise program. Let it go.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I love opposing views without moral judgement. Those are the best.

This drug is a miracle to the very obese that will live shorter lives. And I know people who have kept the weight off even after months of stopping.

Some emerging data :

T

tareload

I love opposing views without moral judgement. Those are the best.

This drug is a miracle to the very obese that will live shorter lives. And I know people who have kept the weight off even after months of stopping.

Some emerging data :

I removed my other two posts from today. Actually I had seen this study earlier in the week but had not read the whole article yet until you posted. Yes the message is consistent with my experience. It can take years for these brain signals to become functional again. Even after 100 lb weight loss I still suffered from habitual cravings and wanting to eat more. After a few years holding the low bodyfat these issues dissipated.

It takes time.

Moreover, 10% body weight loss (following a 12-week diet) was not sufficient to restore these brain responses in individuals with obesity, suggesting that long-lasting brain adaptations occur in the context of obesity and remain even after weight loss is achieved. “Taken together, these observations provide insights into the physiology of human eating behavior, and the pathophysiology of obesity,” the investigators stated.

Be interesting to do a 2 year study after serious bodyfat loss. 12 weeks and 10% is nothing for morbidly obese persons. Not much money in that. Took me (and everyone else) a lot longer than 12 weeks to get huge. Yet we want everything fixed immediately. And of course some will have to drop out of today's eating customs to be successful.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching