Optimum IGF-1 Levels

Buy Lab Tests Online

TLawyer

Can't seem to find a prior thread on the optimum IGF-1 levels. My pre-TRT IGF-1 levels were 233 ng/ml (with a range of 75-216 ng/ml). I am about to start enclomiphene (12.5mg/daily) and ibutamoren (12.5mg/daily). The ibutamoren was prescribed after complaining about some nagging gym injuries and energy levels, but my IGF-1 levels are likely already near (or above) the top of the lab range (although my prior IGF-1 test was from December 2019). I have a new set of labs that I got today, so I'll know in a few days whether my natural level has changed after stopping TRT at the beginning of June, but just curious as to whether running higher levels of IGF-1 due to the ibutamoren will result in benefits.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

JimGainz

Can't seem to find a prior thread on the optimum IGF-1 levels. My pre-TRT IGF-1 levels were 233 ng/ml (with a range of 75-216 ng/ml). I am about to start enclomiphene (12.5mg/daily) and ibutamoren (12.5mg/daily). The ibutamoren was prescribed after complaining about some nagging gym injuries and energy levels, but my IGF-1 levels are likely already near (or above) the top of the lab range (although my prior IGF-1 test was from December 2019). I have a new set of labs that I got today, so I'll know in a few days whether my natural level has changed after stopping TRT at the beginning of June, but just curious as to whether running higher levels of IGF-1 due to the ibutamoren will result in benefits.
I would think it would help but you will gain a a lot of water weight. I’ve tried Ibutamoren and semorelin - ibutamorelin def worked better for joints but my IGF1 levels were 150. Nothing worked better than nandrolone for me. I would try that if you can get some.

Bennytrt

I was prescribed ibutamoren 12.5mg and nandrolone, 13 days ago. So far, no extra water weight or increase hunger. I don't consume a high salt/sodium diet and I am not the type who is always hungry (I have a slow metabolism). Which is why I believe I am not getting the mention side effects. We will see how my body reacts when my doctor increases ibutamoren to 25mg.

I read somewhere that 300 or 350 is the optimal range for igf-1.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Something to be aware of: enclomiphene appears to reduce IGF-1. This was seen in the clinical trial as a pretty dramatic effect, like almost 50%. I have also have noted a reduction while using this drug, though only around 10-20%.

Last edited:

TLawyer

Something to be aware of: enclomiphene appears to reduce IGF-1. This was seen in the clinical trial as a pretty dramatic effect, like almost 50%. I have also have noted a reduction while using this drug, though only around 10-20%.

That's interesting. Any guess as to why? I actually measured at 220 a few months ago, so hopefully with a naturally high level and use of ibutamoren, the enclomiphene impact on IGF-1 levels will be minimized. I still can't seem to find anything that suggests an optimized level to shoot for.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
That's interesting. Any guess as to why? I actually measured at 220 a few months ago, so hopefully with a naturally high level and use of ibutamoren, the enclomiphene impact on IGF-1 levels will be minimized. I still can't seem to find anything that suggests an optimized level to shoot for.
Regarding why enclomiphene reduces IGF-1, I don't know more than what the study's authors say:

IGF-1 levels were decreased in the men in the enclomiphene citrate groups, but not in the transdermal testosterone group, but the levels remained within the normal physiological ranges. We are uncertain as to the significance of this observation. Testosterone treatment of men with testosterone deficiency usually increases serum estradiol levels, and may increase hGH and IGF-1 levels. Estrogen is known to potentiate secretion of hGH and IGF-1 levels. Enclomiphene citrate increases serum estradiol levels. We suspect that the anti-estrogen effects of enclomiphene citrate are working at either the hypothalamic-pituitary level or possibly on the liver to reduce IGF-1 levels. Unfortunately, technical issues prevented the measurement of hGH levels in the serum samples from these men. It would also be relevant to know if enclomiphene citrate treatment affects the IGF-binding proteins.
As for an "optimized level" for IGF-1, I think you need to define what you're wanting to optimize. Such levels may well differ between goals like maximizing longevity or maximizing athletic performance and recovery. Though the debate continues, my impression is that for longevity it is safest to be low-midrange for your age.

TLawyer

I found this site where it gives you, your igf 1 level based on your age. It doesn't state an optimal range.

Thanks, Benny. I had seen a few range charts, but I hadn't seen that one. And I'll say that the range in that one for each age group seems to be higher than other ones I had seen. I think so long as I'm within the range for early 20's I'd be happy and feel safe at that level. Looks like I have still have a good amount of room based on my natural levels (at least from 9 months ago).

TLawyer

Regarding why enclomiphene reduces IGF-1, I don't know more than what the study's authors say:

IGF-1 levels were decreased in the men in the enclomiphene citrate groups, but not in the transdermal testosterone group, but the levels remained within the normal physiological ranges. We are uncertain as to the significance of this observation. Testosterone treatment of men with testosterone deficiency usually increases serum estradiol levels, and may increase hGH and IGF-1 levels. Estrogen is known to potentiate secretion of hGH and IGF-1 levels. Enclomiphene citrate increases serum estradiol levels. We suspect that the anti-estrogen effects of enclomiphene citrate are working at either the hypothalamic-pituitary level or possibly on the liver to reduce IGF-1 levels. Unfortunately, technical issues prevented the measurement of hGH levels in the serum samples from these men. It would also be relevant to know if enclomiphene citrate treatment affects the IGF-binding proteins.
As for an "optimized level" for IGF-1, I think you need to define what you're wanting to optimize. Such levels may well differ between goals like maximizing longevity or maximizing athletic performance and recovery. Though the debate continues, my impression is that for longevity it is safest to be low-midrange for your age.
Good point. I'm living for the day at 43 years old, so I'd rather feel great for 30 years and knock off in my mid-70's versus feeling so-so and adding on 10-15 years. Of course, that's probably until I'm in my mid-70's...

In my head, if I want to feel like I did in my early 20's, then I should try and shoot for a IGF-1 level on the higher end of someone in their early 20's (pretty much a similar theory to most TRT level goals).

Larry90

Hi ! I start recently to use clomid 25mg ED to boost my T which was low (400 - 450). After a month I did a blood test and my IGF-1 went from 270 to 210. Big difference. I just start to take 12.5mg ED of MK too. Previously this dosage put me IGF 1 to 340. No need to take more...

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me