low shbg means high free E2 ?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

tonino

Hello there i am new here .My TT is 1000-Estradiol 58-High FT and Low Shbg.
Should i lower T dose or should take some arimidex?
.25ml T x 2 weekly. Thanks

TestQuest22

As a guy with low SHBG, I'm tracking you guys to see what I should do next. All I know is I think I might be exhibiting issues of too much DHT and/or estrogen sensitivity (slight balding, hair thinning, lots of back acne, and some water retention 8 months into this), so I wonder if my "daily injection because of low SHBG" protocol makes that better or worse. I'm injecting 16mg a day right now, and the acne seems to have no intentions of slowing down.

JA Battle

As a guy with low SHBG, I'm tracking you guys to see what I should do next. All I know is I think I might be exhibiting issues of too much DHT and/or estrogen sensitivity (slight balding, hair thinning, lots of back acne, and some water retention 8 months into this), so I wonder if my "daily injection because of low SHBG" protocol makes that better or worse. I'm injecting 16mg a day right now, and the acne seems to have no intentions of slowing down.
I would try to work that down to 8mg. Also systemlord has had great success with jatenzo

Systemlord

I forgot to ask how much should i lower it?
Normally if you're not too far off the mark, I would say subtract 10-20mg, but in your case reduce 30mg off your total weekly dosage.

The one thing I noticed about TRT dosing, is it's not linear and you don't subtract 50% of your dosage and end up with half the levels. There is a threshold where levels start climbing exponentially.

Anonymon

Also usually better to lower things gradually and not all at once if it’s a big change. I recently reduced my dose by 30% and it got real rough real quick. I’ve been at that same dose before without issue, the main thing being the big change.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
The one thing I noticed about TRT dosing, is it's not linear and you don't subtract 50% of your dosage and end up with half the levels. There is a threshold where levels start climbing exponentially.
There must be some confounding factors in your observations. Free testosterone is generally going to be linear with dose. More details here. With unchanging SHBG total testosterone should also appear to be fairly linear in dose. My own data, for example:
Updated Tru-T vs Dose, 7 points.jpg

tonino

Normally if you're not too far off the mark, I would say subtract 10-20mg, but in your case reduce 30mg off your total weekly dosage.

Thanks again

t_spacemonkey

my shbg is 11 or so. my total T usually around ~500ng/dl. e2 60. free T 20-40ng depends on the day of measurement.
overall I feel pretty good on those levels. my optimal dose is somewhere between 140-200mg. if i go lower I feel like I am on not T at all

BillyJ03z

Maybe larger daily doses might be better for low SHBG. I'm on 20mg Cyp ED/SQ, but maybe I should bump higher to 25 or 30 for trial run... but then my E2 and DHT would sky rocket probably...

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me