low shbg means high free E2 ?

Buy Lab Tests Online

equel

Bump for this. I'm a low SHBG guy as well and having a very hard time getting dialed in. Total T is 550 and free T is very top of range, and e2 is 18. Having crippling anxiety, palpitations, insomnia...

Although I am dropping my fish oil dose because apparently that lowers SHBG.

Very interesting. So basically your free T is fine, but your e2 might be too low hence causing anxiety etc.

But then again, when my e2 is TOO high, I get insomnia?

I dont fucking know man.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

GreenMachineX

Very interesting. So basically your free T is fine, but your e2 might be too low hence causing anxiety etc.

But then again, when my e2 is TOO high, I get insomnia?

I dont fucking know man.
Well, I don't know why I have insomnia. I've had it for 5 years even when I got my e2 to 37 using ecdysterone. Actually, now that I thought about that, maybe I'll add that back in...

GreenMachineX

Has link to any study, etc., saying that fish oil reduces SHBG?
See this thread.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Im late to the party. So what does this mean in practise? ...
Primarily it would mean that we can't blame low SHBG for causing imbalances in the free hormone levels.
... How should one go about to be optimized having low shbg?
Unfortunately there's nothing definitive. Estradiol isn't necessarily off the hook. If the speculation by "James" has merit then low SHBG could result in a reduction in androgenic activity without a corresponding reduction in estrogenic activity. This would be similar to a skewed estradiol/testosterone ratio.

It's too bad that pharmaceutical-grade SHBG isn't readily available and affordable. It would be interesting to see if exogenous dosing would resolve some of the issues with low SHBG. The half-life is pretty long, so it would only need to be administered once or twice a week, assuming IM or SC administration is effective.

equel

The thing is this, tho:

Even tho man men with low shbg seem to suffer (including myself), there are plenty, PLENTY guys with low shbg who feel great with a strong sex drive.
'
Not only TRT users, but roid abusers who crush their shbg completely to like 2, yet still are horny as fuck.

This just one of many examples of a TRT guy, 200mg test a week and he wanna fuck 4 times a day, look at this fuckers shbg:

There must be something else going on here aswell.

Charliebizz

The thing is this, tho:

Even tho man men with low shbg seem to suffer (including myself), there are plenty, PLENTY guys with low shbg who feel great with a strong sex drive.
'
Not only TRT users, but roid abusers who crush their shbg completely to like 2, yet still are horny as fuck.

This just one of many examples of a TRT guy, 200mg test a week and he wanna fuck 4 times a day, look at this fuckers shbg:

I have low shbg and struggle on trt. I do feel better then off of it but I still have trouble putting on muscle and losing fat despite training and eating right. And I don’t get the mental benefits either. But my sex drive is pretty damn good much better then off trt. So we are all so different

GreenMachineX

I have low shbg and struggle on trt. I do feel better then off of it but I still have trouble putting on muscle and losing fat despite training and eating right. And I don’t get the mental benefits either. But my sex drive is pretty damn good much better then off trt. So we are all so different
Any anxiety or insomnia?

Charliebizz

Any anxiety or insomnia?
No sir. This is gonna sound crazy but I’ve only ever had anxiety on trt from test cyp. Cyp also significantly lowered my cortisol and enanthate didn’t. Makes no sense but I tested it multiple times through blood and saliva. Even if my test levels are exactly the same I just do not do well on cyp.

GreenMachineX

No sir. This is gonna sound crazy but I’ve only ever had anxiety on trt from test cyp. Cyp also significantly lowered my cortisol and enanthate didn’t. Makes no sense but I tested it multiple times through blood and saliva. Even if my test levels are exactly the same I just do not do well on cyp.
Wow. Does your doctor prescribe enanthate? That's not the first time I heard of negatives with test cyp. Just not sure how to legally acquire test E...

I say that because I naturally have lower cortisol levels and don't need to suppress them anymore.

Charliebizz

Wow. Does your doctor prescribe enanthate? That's not the first time I heard of negatives with test cyp. Just not sure how to legally acquire test E...

I say that because I naturally have lower cortisol levels and don't need to suppress them anymore.
Yes dr prescribed from defy.

What do your cortisol levels look like. Mine are 12-15 am blood. But on cyp it gets it down to 6

Graham

The thing is this, tho:

'

Some of the steroid users take so much stuff they overpower what ever else is going on which is not sustainable. I still suspect it has to do with brain chemistry which is a tough nut to crack.

TRicker

Unfortunately there's nothing definitive. Estradiol isn't necessarily off the hook. If the speculation by "James" has merit then low SHBG could result in a reduction in androgenic activity without a corresponding reduction in estrogenic activity. This would be similar to a skewed estradiol/testosterone ratio.
@Cataceous, would this possibly mean that low shbg guys would either need higher T levels, or lower estradiol levels than we previously thought? To make up for the skewed E/T ratio?

I've been told that lower shbg guys need lower doses, more frequently, due to the higher free hormone levels. But for a lot of guys, myself included, this doesn't always work. Could this be why some low shbg guys feel better with super low E2, or feel better with larger single doses of testosterone?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me