Keto Diet General "How-to"

Buy Lab Tests Online

BigTex

I think many members know, that I've been on a low-carb diet since 2010. For my health it's the best thing I ever done.
My wife has done keto since the late 80's. Still does it mixed with intermittent fasting. But I have also had the pleasure to know Dr. Volek and Dr. Phinney who IMHO are some of the leading researchers in this area. Here are their basic recommendations for the Keto diet.

10% or less carbs < 50g/d
20% or less Protein 1.2 - 2g/kg

Adaquate sodium 3000-5000mg/d
Total fat > 150g/d
Saturated fats OK
Avoid polyunsaturates fats
Adaquate potassium (vegies/broth) 3000-4000mg/300-500mg magnesium
****Not a high protein diet/high fat

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

Belekas

nobody
Been training a long time and nutrition is number one for me for overall performance and overall wellness. What I found is that we all are different and digest stuff different as well. There are plenty of folks who advocate keto and there also are plenty of foks who go against keto. And they all quite smart guys a lot smarter then me, doing it for a living. I've always been a high-carb guy, always trained hard, and always stayed the course I've picked, meaning no skipping of meals, no slacking and just deadly precise on my regiment. I love high-carb diet, but I also employ lots of healthy fats along the way to help me consume all the food required to gain some weight back else I'll be looking shredded 365 with crashed hormone levels and feeling like shit. When you on T you can roll with lower fat diets easily and you won't feel that garbage like being natty and doing low fat, which does work great for stripping off fat but wrecks havoc on the system. On the other hand when you are natty Keto/high fat diet looks very promising as this way if you want to strip off fat you don't wreck your hormons that much as going low-fat, if that makes sense. Depends on the context as well. I tried Keto starting my cut half a year ago for a month and it worked great, lost weight rapidly, never ever felt hungry and digestion was great, on the contrary to what I was thinking that will happen on high-fat diet as I have a serious case of Reflux/GERD for a long ass time. Also what I like to do is eat more Keto style diet when I have an off day/rest day or won't be doing much, and slamming in carbs on training days, say Pre/Post training, before sleep or all day to hit that calorie goal and feel optimal at training or whatever that I do. You need to try to feel what is working for you and what is not. Don't get too stressed about it, just eat according to your goal and see what works for you and what not. Always glad to help when/if I can:)

Best regards,
Bel

BigTex

Keto use to be the standard prep for the last 1-2 weeks of a bodybuilders competitive phase. However, most have gone to lower carb of 40-50g 6 days out, and 20-25g, 4 days out. For most, 4 days out you will be in keto and start excreting the remaining water. The rest is done with manipulations of sodium and some form of diuretic. For the most part, if you want muscle, you are going to have to eat carbohydrates. Type II muscle fibers are very much glycogen dependent. Ketones are not produced quick enough to supply the energy needed in a longer workout.

lacticsystem.gif

Vince McMahon started the WBF back in the early 90's and hired Dr. Mauro DiPasquale to over see drug testing. DiPasquale claimed his cyclical keto diet with carb loading on the weekend could give better results that even steroids could. So he forced it on all the pros in the WBF. The pro competitors got on stage looking horrible and very flat. That kind of ended the WBF.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me