Is Marriage for Me? Seeking input from guys.

Hey guys thanks for looking at my post. I have a fiance and shes amazing and wonderful and I love her to death the problem is I am dreading marriage life and feel like my life is over. I don't sleep with her that well. She falls asleep very easily unlike myself and I dread once having kids sleepless nights. I also feel like whats the point why keep exercising why eat healthy I'm found my girl, I have nothing else to live for in a sense. I've had amazing crazy sex with gorgeous women, but we all know those aren't the girls you settle down with. I know I need to stay on point but feel helpless. How did you guys keep in shape after marriage? Despite being 33 I look at younger girls and am repulsed by them. They might have hot bodies but grossly that's all I'd want them for. Almost none are even contemplating the meaning of life or how to serve your community or growing a successful business etc.

JA Battle

Hey guys thanks for looking at my post. I have a fiance and shes amazing and wonderful and I love her to death the problem is I am dreading marriage life and feel like my life is over. I don't sleep with her that well. She falls asleep very easily unlike myself and I dread once having kids sleepless nights. I also feel like whats the point why keep exercising why eat healthy I'm found my girl, I have nothing else to live for in a sense. I've had amazing crazy sex with gorgeous women, but we all know those aren't the girls you settle down with. I know I need to stay on point but feel helpless. How did you guys keep in shape after marriage? Despite being 33 I look at younger girls and am repulsed by them. They might have hot bodies but grossly that's all I'd want them for. Almost none are even contemplating the meaning of life or how to serve your community or growing a successful business etc.
married and divorced here. 5 kids. ran my health into the ground with someone i was not compatible with. sounds to me like marriage should not even be in the picture with your current state of mind. it does not get easier. unexpected challenges will arise.

not certain you want to stay on top of your own health?? your health becomes more important as now you have to provide for and oversee the health of others.

has she brought up marriage in discussion?

sleep issue can be the result of a health/metabolic issue.

i dont want to discourage you more but marriage carries so much weight and so much consequence either good or bad. i may be biased because i went through my divorce 1.5 years ago and even though it was pretty cordial it was still the most stressful time of my life.

marriage doesnt give a man much unless you absolutely have to get married to have female company in your life. i know its more complicated than that because of feelings... trust me i know. but boiled down thats what it is. to me atleast.

Tell her ill take care of me for you and you take care of you for me. Keep the lifestyle up, too many guys get complacent once in a steady relationship. Next thing you know your leaving her or she's leaving you.

Renman23

The key is to know yourself and what you REALLY WANT.
Do you want to have sex with multiple willing partners ? Do you want no committments?

Stay single.

Do you want a relationship? A Family? a home? Children.... Some or all of that?
Then Choose that. Marriage is nothing to be scared of.

I was married for a long time, and most of it was really good.
If you want to stay healthy and be the hot dad... Do that.
Do you want to let go and get a pouch... do that

Be clear. Be intentional and LIVE.

Vince

Super Moderator
I got married at 21, and had an awesome wife. We had sex daily, pretty much for 30 years straight. 5 kids(I would have had12 if she let me), a house, the mortgage and I really enjoyed my life. She died from cancer about 13 years ago. I'm remarried now, to awesome woman. I can't believe what a great lover she is. She's 62 and I'm 65, I'm so in love.

mooseman109

I ma 57, been married since 23. No kids, we never wanted them. Been through ups and downs, but together. I can say I do not want to imagine life without her, she completes me. If you can see yourself living without this one maybe you are not ready.
i stay in shape for me not so much her. I am sure you are not just working out to be attractive. That will change as you age as well.
i can say we continually have better and better sex.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors