Information about Proviron

Buy Lab Tests Online

seppuku

Hi @seppuku .
I was having a look at the abstract of the article you posted here, and it is a study of clinical effects of 300-450 mg daily mesterolone, which is at a range considered as suppresive, that's why all the subjects had eventually lower testosterone levels. I can`t read the whole article but it does't speak about testicular damage from proviron.
I Don't say it is not true it could harm the testicles but I am just trying to find the reliable source of that infotmation. I am really interested to know the truth since I recently did a short trial (75 mg daily) and I felt good on it but stopped. I would be interested to use it longer time combined with HCG for fertility and help control high E2.
You were only taking 25mg a day, and for only about 6 months, based on what I've researched, I find it hard to believe it could be that bad for your testicles...

I would appreciate anybody supplying more information about this topic...

I'll have to do a bit more digging as it's been a while since i read the study that led me to the conclusion proviron affects the gonads. I also realise though that i could be wrong blaming it for my own drop in testosrerone - there is of course a chance that i just developed low testosterone at the same time i was using it, but for other reasons. I'd actually love to find out that proviron has no untoward effects as (at least for a while), i felt great on it.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Jucaro

Double-blind cross over treatment with mesterolone and placebo of subfertile oligozoospermic men value of testicular biopsy​

J H Aafjes, J C van der Vijver, F W Brugman, P E Schenck

Abstract​

Fifty-nine carefully selected oligozoospermic men were randomly treated with mesterolone (75 mg/day) or placebo to improve fertility. After 6 months the medication was changed from mesterolone to placebo or vice versa. Fourteen pregnancies occurred, 7 under mesterolone and 7 under placebo. A testicular biopsy score was of prognostic value: the men who impregnated their partner had a significantly higher mean score than the men who did not fertilize. No other significant differences between these two groups of men were observed. Mesterolone had no significant influence other than placebo.

Jucaro

Urologe A. 1977 May;16(3):154-7.

[Varicocele: spermiogram, testicular biopsy, plasma testosterone. Results of therapy (author's transl)]​

[Article in German]

K Bandhauer, H U Meili

• PMID: 878109

Abstract​

In 73 patients with unilateral (70 patients) and bilateral (3 patients) varicocele and subfertility as a clinical finding, spermiograms, testicular biopsies, and plasma testosterone levels were examined for their prognostic evaluation, and therapeutic conclusions were drawn. The high ligature of the internal spermatic vein in the presence of a normal plasma testosterone level resulted, without accompanying therapy, in an improvement of normalization of the spermiogram in 23.3% of cases, and only in 7% did a pregnancy occur. A significant improvement of these results could be achieved through additional combined therapy with Mesterolone and Clomiphene. In primary testosterone deficiency, a combination of surgical correction and chemotheraphy (Mesterolone and Clomiphene) gave relatively satisfactory results. Primary sperm counts below 10(6)/ml, a motility index under 30%, and histologically proven desquamation of the germ epithelium in the testicular biopsy are to be regarded as extremely grave prognostic criteria.

Jucaro

Clinical Trial

Int J Androl. 1989 Aug;12(4):254-64.

Mesterolone and idiopathic male infertility: a double-blind study. World Health Organization Task Force on the Diagnosis and Treatment of Infertility​

No authors listed

• PMID: 2680994

Abstract​

A prospective randomized double-blind study was undertaken to assess the effect on male fertility of 6 months' treatment with the synthetic androgen mesterolone. The study was performed in seven centres and 248 infertile couples were recruited. All men and their partners were investigated according to the standardized WHO protocol--Investigation and Diagnosis of the Infertile Couple. Following this investigation, 157 couples were selected in whom the male diagnosis was primary idiopathic testicular failure or idiopathic low sperm motility; the female partner had no demonstrable cause for infertility or was under successful treatment for a minor endocrine problem. The remaining 91 couples admitted were either incompletely investigated or had some additional factor associated with infertility. Men received either 150 or 75 mg mesterolone daily or placebo. Response was assessed in terms of semen characteristics and the partner's pregnancy rate. The cumulative life table pregnancy rates among all couples 8 months after randomization were 9 +/- 3% (+/- standard error), 12 +/- 4% and 16 +/- 4% in the placebo, 75 and 150 mg mesterolone groups, respectively. The ratios of the pregnancy rates compared to placebo were 1.3 (0.5-3.2) and 1.8 (0.7-4.4) for the 75 and 150 mg mesterolone groups respectively. Among the subset of 157 couples satisfying the strict eligibility criteria, the pregnancy rates were 11 +/- 5%, 12 +/- 5% and 19 +/- 6% in the placebo, 75 and 150 mg mesterolone groups, respectively. The corresponding ratios of pregnancy rates to the placebo group were 1.2 (0.4-3.4) and 1.8 (0.6-5.3) for the 75 and 150 mg mesterolone groups respectively. There were no significant changes semen quality during the course of the study, apart from an increase in sperm concentration 3 months after the start of treatment. The increase was greatest among the placebo treated group, but did not differ significantly between treatment groups.

Jucaro

Up-to-date studies in humans are practically non-existent. The available studies date back to the last century, and are contradictory...

CanadaJim

I think the proviron is a decent idea. It was to treat hypogonadism. I've heard some good experiences for it and its not supposed to shut you down. Eager to hear how it goes if you try it.
Decided not to give it a try. Coming up on three months since my last test injection (75mg test-cyp)...I did a couple of weeks of clomid 12.5mg eod...felt like crap on that...but finally feeling like things are back to normal...I do miss that elevated feeling when first trying testosterone...I have blood work in a month or so, if something happens my numbers come back below normal I'll give it a "supervised" try again...but if things are good I'll resist the urge to "chase the dragon"...

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me