Im a COVID ICU nurse. Ask me (almost) anything.

PhilM7

What is most disturbing to me about Covid, is that hospitals have to get refrigeration trucks outside for all the dead bodies and the morgues are overwhelmed. It sounds more serious than the regular flu, and this doesn't happen with the regular flu, so I don't think the situation is being "overblown" in the media.

AndrogenHacker

Super Moderator
Bump...no update here in a while. Curious as to what your seeing now, thoughts on outcomes, etc.

I'm still here. My wife recently had surgery so I've not been at work in a while so I can care for her and my two boys.

I do know that my state currently has the highest rates of covid since it's all started.

I can say this:

We have multiple covid floors and all of them are full to the brim currently.

I'm still here. My wife recently had surgery so I've not been at work in a while so I can care for her and my two boys.

I do know that my state currently has the highest rates of covid since it's all started.

I can say this:

We have multiple covid floors and all of them are full to the brim currently.
Gotcha. Do you see the death rate lowering?

AndrogenHacker

Super Moderator
Gotcha. Do you see the death rate lowering?

You know, it's hard to say for sure from the trenches looking up, but if I had to give a concert answer, I would say yes.

Those early days, it seemed like no one ever made it.

I am not sure if it's because of better treatment or because the severity of the virus after mutation has lessened or combination of both.

But I will say it seems like more people are recovering faster (albeit, still slow relatively speaking) and I've now been involved with several situations where people have been able to get off the ventilator and move on to recovery. Maybe it's just probability, but

☝I couldn't make that claim several months ago.

Renman23

I have a Good friend. Late 40's relatively healthy, former military... Got infected 8-10 weeks ago, was hospitalized for 2 weeks, is home recovering now... just got diagnosed with blood clots...
It's NOT the FLU.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts