How to Increase Good Cholesterol (HDL) in Men on TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Higher doses of testosterone can cause decreases in good cholesterol (high density lipoprotein- HDL). There are several ways that HDL can be increased. Lee Myers, the founder of PeakTestosterone.com, has written a very good summary on the subject.

Abstract

In this cross-sectional study, the relationships of the physiological levels of estradiol (E2) and dehydroepiandrosterone-sulfate (DHEA-S) to the lipid and lipoprotein profiles were investigated in 212 apparently healthy men aged from 18 to 59 years old. These subjects were divided into tertiles according to the levels of E2 and DHEA-S, respectively. We performed one-way analysis of variance and analysis of co-variance controlling for age, body mass index, percent body fat, waist to hip ratio, maximal oxygen uptake, alcohol and cigarette consumptions as confounding factors.

A lower E2 level was associated with higher concentrations of total cholesterol (TC) and low density lipoprotein cholesterol. A lower DHEA-S level was associated with a lower concentration of high density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDLC) and a higher ratio of TC / HDLC. These correlations remained significant after adjusting for the above confounding factors. Neither free testosterone nor sex hormone-binding globulin was associated with the lipids and lipoproteins. These results suggest that higher levels of E2 and DHEA-S, at least in physiological concentrations, are related to the favorable lipid and lipoprotein levels in men.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Bass

nice post Nelson. I love hazelnuts, but man I got to be careful how much I eat! al the stuff he listed are really delicious and should be part of our daily diet. although costly to eat all clean, its better to pay upfront than later paying your medical bills!

thanks Nelson! i take a low dose of testo and it effects my HDL but helps so many other areas of my life.. will try out these ideas. for someone like myself that can't do intesne cardio workouts yet, Curcumin and laughter may be more effective- . i have tried just about everything else they list.
am trying Bergamot now, and my endo suggested Niacin.. althought last year i took the recommend dose of Opti energy and it has 300mg of niacin, but it didnt boost my HDL. the only way i have gotten HDL up in the past it stopping the testo : ( or taking a compounded gel. are there really studies that show low HDL causes heart disease? and if someone has low HDL what tests can be done to know if you are at risk besides the blood work?

Last edited by a moderator:

GEORGE TOULIATOS

1) Phytosteroles,plant based estrogenic compounds that imporve atheromatic index
2) Niacin (B3 vitamine)
3) Prolonged low pace cardio physical activity
4) Pomegranate juice
5) Red wine
6) Resveratrol
7) PUFAs-MUFAs (EFAs)
8) Vegetables
9) Antioxidants
10) Quit smoking

Vince

Super Moderator
I like to use niacin daily. Endur-Acin I take 1500mg, I does cause flushing and some can't tolterate it.

pm3405

I read that krill oil is aromatizad when on trt... From an endo Dr in Cincinnati. Can't verify it but here's the quote:

"according to Dr. Glueck Cincinnati ohio in 2015. Fish/ krill oil aromatizes when taking testosterone and this isn't a good thing at all"

Any thoughts?

Vince

Super Moderator
I read that krill oil is aromatizad when on trt... From an endo Dr in Cincinnati. Can't verify it but here's the quote:

"according to Dr. Glueck Cincinnati ohio in 2015. Fish/ krill oil aromatizes when taking testosterone and this isn't a good thing at all"

Any thoughts?

I don't understand what you're saying, will increase E2?

Will Brink

Any thoughts?

That makes no sense. You'd have to ask for some clarification on what he means by that. EPA/DHA can't directly aromatize to E2.

-Will @ BrinkZone.com

CoastWatcher

Any thoughts?

This is Dr. Charles Glueck who has done so much work on DVT and testosterone replacement?

Gamnc

I do most of the 14 points, but still have HDL in the high 20's to low 30's. It is better now than in the past, and I think that may relate to the long hikes of short sprints I do several times a week. I did not know that TRT could drop it, lucky my total is in the 110 range. (genetic) We don't die from heart attacks, usually for taking stupid chances.

pm3405

The quote is from a patient of "a" Dr Glueck, apparently an endocrinologist from Cincinnati. I have no way of verifying but I suspect it may have more to do with "Captain's" previous comment about Astaxanthin being a 5 alpha redactase inhibitor.

user_joe

The biggest thing that swings my hdl is my e2 levels. If I've been on the lower end most of the time I come in in range, 45 give or take. Dialed in, which is e2 on the higher side, hdl is 70-75.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me