Drug and/or hormone-related hair loss

Buy Lab Tests Online

keigwin

I'm 54 and have been on anastrozole and cabergoline for over a year. I've been treating high E2 and prolactin. I started with anastrozole and then, after seeing my E2 come down, added the cabergoline. I've normally got a good head of hair, but starting cab immediately caused noticeable hair loss. After a few weeks, I cut my cab dose in half and my hair started to regrow.

Fast forward to about 3 weeks ago and for some reason I started seeing hair loss again. I recently made minor changes to my dosing, but the amount of cab I'm taking is still far below what it originally was when my hair originally fell out. (anastrozole from 0.225mg -> 0.200mg E2D, cab from 0.0625 -> 0.0800mg E3D. previous hair loss at cab = 0.25mg E3D)

Would like any suggestions about what's going on here.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

keigwin

I understand. Since I stopped losing hair last year when I reduced the cab, it makes sense to suspect it. However, I'm now taking about 1/3 the amount that caused that hair loss, and my hair has been fine in the intervening year. I'm not sure why suddenly it would start up again.

Can I assume you would not recommend finasteride? I know some people have had bad experiences with it.

fifty

Finasteride is junk...horrible for libido, etc. I would try something topical like Lipogaine first (or plain azelaic acid cream...melazepam or The Ordinary) and an anti dht shampoo like regenepure dr or nizoral or something similar.

Edit: It's too bad the Empower hair loss topicals are so expensive. They're good stuff but about 3-4x the price they should be. I have tried most hair loss products myself but never topical finasteride (or latanaprost).

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching