Can Testosterone Induce Blood Clots and Thrombosis? Interview with Dr Charles Glueck

Buy Lab Tests Online

gunberpilot

Marco, not sure if you still check this board but you seem to be the subject matter expert in regards to thrombosis/blood clotting. I am pretty sure I am one of the rare percentages that is susceptible to this. I am reaching out to Dr. Glueck. Long story short, if I am in that category do you know of anything I can do to offset the negative effects received from TRT. My dillema is I need the trt for everyday normal life to prevent brain fog, etc. Any advice you might be able to render would be greatly appreciated. I have seen some posts indicating taurine or calcium d glucarate might be enough offset to make the difference. Has anyone attempted that? Based on what I have read so far there isn't a real fix to mitigate it but I'm curious if anyone following this thread has ever tried to offset it?
Thanks.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

J2048b

Marco, not sure if you still check this board but you seem to be the subject matter expert in regards to thrombosis/blood clotting. I am pretty sure I am one of the rare percentages that is susceptible to this. I am reaching out to Dr. Glueck. Long story short, if I am in that category do you know of anything I can do to offset the negative effects received from TRT. My dillema is I need the trt for everyday normal life to prevent brain fog, etc. Any advice you might be able to render would be greatly appreciated. I have seen some posts indicating taurine or calcium d glucarate might be enough offset to make the difference. Has anyone attempted that? Based on what I have read so far there isn't a real fix to mitigate it but I'm curious if anyone following this thread has ever tried to offset it?
Thanks.

Id love to know this as well, as i recently had a left calf dvt, and my test levels are low and bringin back the depression etc,

Can u take clomid while on xarelto?

J2048b

Thanks.

http://www.lifeextension.com/protocols/heart-circulatory/blood-clot/Page-01

Great read with some items that may help us all

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Testosterone Treatment and Cardiovascular and Venous Thromboembolism Risk: What Is ‘New'?

In men, testosterone (T) production declines as a function of ageing. Late-onset hypogonadism (LOH) is the most commonly used term to indicate this age-related condition. In LOH, the relative clinical significance and the potential benefit of testosterone treatment (TTh) are still the subject of strong criticisms in the scientific community.

The debate is further complicated by the recent position statement of the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) emphasizing that, in LOH, the benefits and safety of TTh have not been fully established. Hence, the FDA required a labeling change to inform patients about a possible increased cardiovascular (CV) risk of TTh. Similar considerations were previously released by the FDA and by Health Canada concerning a TTh-related venous thromboembolism (VTE) risk.

In this review, we will summarize the available evidence concerning a possible link among TTh and CV and VTE risks. For this purpose, data derived from epidemiological studies analyzing relationships between the aforementioned risks and endogenous T levels will be analyzed. In addition, evidence deriving from interventional studies including pharmacoepidemiological and placebo-controlled randomized controlled trials (RCTs) will be examined.

Our analysis shows that available data do not support an increased CV risk related to TTh. Similar considerations can be drawn for the relationship between TTh and VTE. The previously reported cases of TTh-related VTE were frequently related to a previously undiagnosed thrombophilia-hypofibrinolysis status. Hence, an anamnestic screening for thrombophilia before starting TTh is recommended, just as it is for the use of oral contraceptives.

Corona G, Dicuio M, Rastrelli G, et al. Testosterone treatment and cardiovascular and venous thromboembolism risk: what is ‘new'? Journal of Investigative Medicine 2017;65(6):964.

Last edited:

drammo

First time poster but I've been following this thread for a while since I'm obvs in the same boat. Discovered a MVT and PVT randomly (I was 2 days away from death apparently) and have been off TRT for over a month now (after 5+ years of continuous TRT).

Please lmk if I'm over the line here, I do not wish to suggest anything harmful. This is just me thinking outside the box, of course this is not preferred, ignoring legal issues etc... but would a non-aromatizing AAS be an option instead of T, for people looking for that increased feeling of wellness, libido, gym performance etc.

Of course this disregards any health concerns that come with whatever AAS you use, the long-term feasability of it etc. but something like low-dose var should at least help some on the short term, right?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
First time poster but I've been following this thread for a while since I'm obvs in the same boat. Discovered a MVT and PVT randomly (I was 2 days away from death apparently) and have been off TRT for over a month now (after 5+ years of continuous TRT).

Please lmk if I'm over the line here, I do not wish to suggest anything harmful. This is just me thinking outside the box, of course this is not preferred, ignoring legal issues etc... but would a non-aromatizing AAS be an option instead of T, for people looking for that increased feeling of wellness, libido, gym performance etc.

Of course this disregards any health concerns that come with whatever AAS you use, the long-term feasability of it etc. but something like low-dose var should at least help some on the short term, right?

Good question, actually. All anabolic steroids (oral, injectable, 17-alpha alkylated, non-aromatizing or aromatizing) can cause the same side effects of testosterone including clotting in men with DVT.

The question that I still have is "Are blood thinners really proven not to prevent DVT in DVT-prone men?" I have found no controlled data.

drammo

Good question, actually. All anabolic steroids (oral, injectable, 17-alpha alkylated, non-aromatizing or aromatizing) can cause the same side effects of testosterone including clotting in men with DVT.

The question that I still have is "Are blood thinners really proven not to prevent DVT in DVT-prone men?" I have found no controlled data.

I think those answers are only "anecdotal" from all the research data that men on blood thinners still have re-occuring events. Establishing a direct relation would be so hard though because there are many variables (like diet, what if someone just keeps eating junk? You may have a predisposition, but you're still exacerbating it with your diet).

Anyway, I have some research studies to share with interesting info on how pellets have the lowest "E2 spike" of all TRT but I have to get to 5 posts or something to post links and images and I don't just want to litter the forum for no reason.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I think those answers are only "anecdotal" from all the research data that men on blood thinners still have re-occuring events. Establishing a direct relation would be so hard though because there are many variables (like diet, what if someone just keeps eating junk? You may have a predisposition, but you're still exacerbating it with your diet).

Anyway, I have some research studies to share with interesting info on how pellets have the lowest "E2 spike" of all TRT but I have to get to 5 posts or something to post links and images and I don't just want to litter the forum for no reason.

Start a new thread here

https://www.excelmale.com/forumdisplay.php?55-Prevent-Reverse-Side-Effects-(HCG-Anastrozole-etc)

J2048b

any new email for dr g? i had been emailing him back anmd forth for my recent dvt, he asked me to return the blood work when it was completed and it bounced back, anyone know if he has a new email?

this is the one i had:

[email protected]

drammo

any new email for dr g? i had been emailing him back anmd forth for my recent dvt, he asked me to return the blood work when it was completed and it bounced back, anyone know if he has a new email?

this is the one i had:

[email protected]

His first response I got was from: cjglueck (at) health-partners.org

(can't post full email yet because new member, please reformat.

J2048b

His first response I got was from: cjglueck (at) health-partners.org

(can't post full email yet because new member, please reformat.

ive tried both emails to no avail, always gets returned undiliverable, and not sure y? we have been in contact for over a year now, and i cannot send him my recent dvt blood clotting blood work he sent me a script fo,

IF ANYONE IS WONDERING....

i had a dvt this past april/may and had blood work doc g sent me and all came back as negative, so i dont have any clotting disorders, just lazzyness and i had cut off circulation to my legs frequently while performing my duties in my career field,

so now im back on trt, and feel pretty good just need to get back at cardio and the gym...

drammo

ive tried both emails to no avail, always gets returned undiliverable, and not sure y? we have been in contact for over a year now, and i cannot send him my recent dvt blood clotting blood work he sent me a script fo,

IF ANYONE IS WONDERING....

i had a dvt this past april/may and had blood work doc g sent me and all came back as negative, so i dont have any clotting disorders, just lazzyness and i had cut off circulation to my legs frequently while performing my duties in my career field,

so now im back on trt, and feel pretty good just need to get back at cardio and the gym...

After a lot of research I found this email address that is supposed to be associated with him: sonar16 (at) gmail.com

Micmicmic

Great information here. I had a follow-up with Urologist yesterday. History of clots and diagnosed in the past with Antiphospholipid Syndrome. Dr wouldn't prescribe T, despite Low T results. He suggested loosing weight, sleep, and exercise to increase free testosterone. He felt I was too high of a copy risk. Oddly, and I didn't ask, he didn't recheck APS in blood.

I'm curious what others in this discussion think. Also, are other AAS at risk too? Specifically, Trenbolon Acetate? Suggest by a friend. Not able to find much data towards Tren and Clot Risks.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me