Acid reflux or something else

Buy Lab Tests Online

TestTube

Diet is key. Red meat to the bin its a major red flag. Chicken also is hard to digest when having H pylori so you gotta find out by biopsy if you have it or not. So fix your diet. Mouse portions of what you can eat and digest for the time you heal. Go low fat. No nuts, no coffee. No sodas, no chocolate. Boiled stuff worked good for me and is easy on the stomach. Watch spices and salt as well. Fruit works good for me but not citrus ones. You'll be alright just gotta be disciplined and patient. The process is long af. Hopefully you don't have that bacteria then healing will be easier and quicker. Hang in there!
Thanks a ton.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Belekas

nobody
One more question, why do you do subq and why micro-dosing? Also I'm not sure if you mentioned your current dose per week. Also labs would be healthy to see. Having your reflux flaired up I would def stay away from micro-dosing and sub-q. But that's just me and my own personal opinion. If you levels are way above range and you having all these issues then the solution is a no-brainer from my point of view. A lot of times, and more times then people realize, less is more, especially in this game.

TestTube

One more question, why do you do subq and why micro-dosing? Also I'm not sure if you mentioned your current dose per week. Also labs would be healthy to see. Having your reflux flaired up I would def stay away from micro-dosing and sub-q. But that's just me and my own personal opinion. If you levels are way above range and you having all these issues then the solution is a no-brainer from my point of view. A lot of times, and more times then people realize, less is more, especially in this game.

Yeah, less seems like more. I'm a "super hyper metabolizer" according to 23andme. For the past 20 years or so I never did well with IM injections. I've been through it all, the gels, pellets, creams (twice), subq, IM, pills, etc. etc. and subq seems to work best for me - but I think where I inject has some correlation with my acid reflux or nutcracker esophagitis. I'm getting my labs done this week or next. Everything is out of whack now because I went off T and tried a new cream, now back on subq. In the past I've ranged between 400 to 700 TT (depending on if I was trying to keep my hematocrit down), mid range free T, normal SHBG, TSH, DHT, etc. - but my DHT went through the roof on cream. I have a genetic condition that causes my DHEAs to always be 3 times over the top normal range though. My son, brother and other family members have that same issue.

Belekas

nobody
I

I respectfully disagree with including broccoli sprouts. Sulforaphane is not an antioxidant, but instead a toxic defense chemical that causes our body to release its own stored antioxidants to fight it. That is where the misconception came from: the antioxidants in the body were confused with coming from the sulforaphane when in actuality, it is the body fighting sulforaphane. Source: Paul Saladino MD. I don’t agree with or condone everything he says FYI. But this part I do.
Always learn new things so thank you. I never done it myself and not researched it but posted from what I found a lot of people battling this bacteria do over at HP FB group. Should have mentioned that its anecdotal reference FWIW.

Last edited:

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
I just restarted subq injections (in my stomach fat, which there seems to be a lot of), and I'm getting a side effect again that I have had off and on for the past 20 years on TRT injections: horrible acid reflux. Back in 2006 when my T was 1300+ I had to take a proton pump inhibitor, but I hate taking that (Aciphex). I was on T cream for a couple weeks but did not have any acid reflux. But a TINY 10mg dose of T Cyp subq caused me to sit up all night in agony with acid reflux.

I think this might be a very significant clue here. I wonder if other people that have had acid reflux from injectable T have not seen any reflux with cream. I am suspicious that additives to injectable testosterone may play a role, like benzyl benzoate or benzyl alcohol. I looked into them previously and one or both had muscle relaxant effects which might conceivably relax the lower esophageal sphincter. Acid reflux is a well-known side effect of muscle relaxants as a class.

This makes me want to experiment with cream and see. Of course, even in the best case scenario where that makes the difference with TRT-triggered reflux, it would likely still make my hair fall out, possibly even worse with all the DHT.

mikeb29

I just experienced something similar which I get from time to time but never this bad - intense back pain above and behind my stomach for about 2 hours. Possibly the worst pain I've ever had. This was accompanied by me salivating and vomiting stomach bile for the entire time. My doctor has ordered blood tests and stool sample.

Im on sustanon IM at 80 mg/week.

Not something I want to experience ever again.

sammmy

The primary medicine to suppress H. Pylori and it's symptoms (but rarely eradicates it) is Bismuth Subcitrate, available in Europe. It has to be taken for a few months to decrease the H. Pylori colony. Should not be taken all the time since bismuth is neurotoxic if it accumulates in the body and the subcitrate is the most soluble form of it.

Pepto-Bismol is a different form Bismuth Subsalicylate and has also been used in the past for H. Pylori but it is a Salicylate like Aspirin, which is problematic for possibly negative effects on digestive tract (reduces protective prostaglandings just like all NSAIDs) and reduces blood supply to kidneys.

From the natural stuff that might help:

Large quantities of ground turmeric powder - allegedly it kills H. Pylori and stays in the gut; very little systemic absorption which in this case is good:

A few grams per day of Black Cumin (Nigella Sativa) powder - there was actually a study of this using it either as a traditional mixture with honey or in a combination with a PPI. The PPI reduces stomach acidity and makes H. Pylori multiply, which is the time it is most vulnerable to anti-microbials:

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
I think this might be a very significant clue here. I wonder if other people that have had acid reflux from injectable T have not seen any reflux with cream. I am suspicious that additives to injectable testosterone may play a role, like benzyl benzoate or benzyl alcohol. I looked into them previously and one or both had muscle relaxant effects which might conceivably relax the lower esophageal sphincter. Acid reflux is a well-known side effect of muscle relaxants as a class.

Update: this is my fourth day on scrotal cream, using empower 200 mg/ml atrevis hydrogel, 100 mg am, 50 mg pm. I'm noting almost immediate improvement in libido and erectile function and no worsening of reflux symptoms. This is a much different result than injections, which caused major exaggeration of GERD symptoms within hours of the first injection. The effects on sexual function are also much better so far. I'm cautiously optimistic.

It seems likely to me that additives in the injectable solutions are causing the reflux problem here. I guess I would need to try some kind of benzyl-free injectable testosterone to test this theory further.

I would encourage anyone experiencing GERD as a TRT side effect to try the cream at this point.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me