Acid Reflux and GERD Treatement

Buy Lab Tests Online

Michael D

From reading all of the responses it seems there are as many methods for alleviating GERD as there are people suffering from it! I too suffered from GERD for many years. I have arthritis and I was taking a lot of ibuprofen. What I didn't realize is that ibuprofen increases acid production. So then I started taking omeprazole. But that's not something you want to be taking long-term. I eventually figured out that ibuprofen was the main problem, and when I stopped taking that I could stop taking omeprazole. I do still sometimes get GERD, but I've learned what not to eat/drink just before bed (chocolate, red wine...or just too much of anything). And I've greatly reduced the amount of alcohol I consume; there was definitely a correlation there. I went from 3 drinks in the evening down to one or none (and I sleep better). Overall, I rarely have to sleep in a sitting position any longer.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Blashy

From reading all of the responses it seems there are as many methods for alleviating GERD as there are people suffering from it! I too suffered from GERD for many years. I have arthritis and I was taking a lot of ibuprofen. What I didn't realize is that ibuprofen increases acid production. So then I started taking omeprazole. But that's not something you want to be taking long-term. I eventually figured out that ibuprofen was the main problem, and when I stopped taking that I could stop taking omeprazole. I do still sometimes get GERD, but I've learned what not to eat/drink just before bed (chocolate, red wine...or just too much of anything). And I've greatly reduced the amount of alcohol I consume; there was definitely a correlation there. I went from 3 drinks in the evening down to one or none (and I sleep better). Overall, I rarely have to sleep in a sitting position any longer.

If it’s any help. I found that taking my PPI just twice a week has the same results as taking it everyday.

Belekas

nobody
So little update even though it's been some time. After having endoscopy back in January doc confirmed I still have an active HP bacteria after all the antibiotics, omeprazols, diet manipulations, etc, etc, etc. SMH. Ain't that a bitch. So I took another round of antibiotics with also antibacteria meds if I recall correct, then had Zulbex which is similar to Omeprazol, as per docs orders. And guess what? Failure again lol, it absolutely did nothing at all, even had pain while taking all that shit. So now it flared up again even more, very similar time I have reduced my T dose from 100 to 75mg/week. Might be coincidence, might be not, who knows. Been going through hell trying to nail my diet (for a long time) and what works what not and I'm pretty sure a lot of time its random af. Have a fantastic day or two, then trying to replicate the foods, etc- boom, it flares up again right out the blue. Before I was able to eat rice, eggs, olive oil in large quantities (this year) when trying to put on size and it worked great I had no pain. Now I started doing hard cardio 3x week to burn of some fat, reduced food a bit, went for clean as possible simple wholefoods and boom it flared up again. I have to eat or I get serious pain every 2-3hrs which is a bitch as the food sometimes gets digested and I get no bloat and other times I get a bloat straight up and then then I enter the house of pain. And the pain is 10/10 not some bs type thing, if you know what I'm talking about. Mastic gum really helped me and was pain free while taking it for a month or so. It ended and boom symptoms came back again. So I'm thinking to get some again and see if it helps. Now what I think about all this fucked up situation is that its a lot more then just stomach involved. Liver, pancreas, the bile flow and also the brain neurotransmitters are all involved. Mind you this is my experience and my own 2 cents. I have dived deep into this one for a long time, watched, read ,listened to different experts, docs, profs, etc and still too much conficting information but I've tried many things and pretty much nothing yielded consistency.

I had no problems with this for nearly 3 years after stopping my old TRT. 50 days into my new TRT @ 100mg/week this mofo flared up and doesn't want to go away. Will try getting mastic gum from Jarrows again to see if bigger doses help or not but in reallity I'm close to getting off TRT to see if I return to the previous digestion state which was awesome and pain-free. So yes in my experience I'm pretty sure T has put his hands here but I will be 100% sure once I get off TRT completely after doing my last experiments with same mastic gum I had before.

Sorry for the long post guys but I think this is a really serious topic and a lot of guys struggle. Tons of guys/gals not on TRT struggle as well without meds helping at all but just doing more damage then before the intervention.

Best regards,
Bel

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Did your last protocol contain rifabutin? If not, you should try it. I had multi drug resistant H Pylori and it was difficult to treat.

Attachments

• IMG_7538.png
    IMG_7538.png
    94.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_7537.png
    IMG_7537.png
    100.7 KB · Views: 36

Belekas

nobody
Did your last protocol contain rifabutin? If not, you should try it. I had multi drug resistant H Pylori and it was difficult to treat.
No I haven't tried it. I did 2 rounds with different antibiotics and the last round I did on February was pretty much the same protocol as in the picture you posted just that I was prescribed Ospamox but there was a shortage in my city and we went for Amoxiclav which yielded absolutely zero results. What was your exact protocol with Rifabutin if I may ask?

aneuman

I had no problems with this for nearly 3 years after stopping my old TRT. 50 days into my new TRT @ 100mg/week this mofo flared up and doesn't want to go away.

I suffered from GERD for a number of years (since 2006). I could only bring under control without medication by losing weight (from 187 to 178lbs), cleaning my diet (absolutely no gluten, for more than a year, not too much fat in the diet, smaller portions, absolutely no eating after 7 PM). Since 2015 I had not had GERD at all. I've been on Enclomiphene and hCG, my total T has been anywhere from 400 (print to treatment) to 1183 ng/dL (during treatment) and never had GERD following the changes mentioned above. E2 has been everywhere too during that time.

Recently started TRT with T.Cyp at 90 mg a week, (3x30, M-W-F, Sub-q) and within a few days GERD came back and it's been getting worse (comparatively, not absolutely). Nothing else has changed, well, not true, I'm back at 187 lbs (I'm 6'1")

Something else that has come back is anxiety. Even with hCG, my anxiety had subsided and my sleep was getting better, now I'm relying on Clonazepam at night more and more frequently than I'd like and during the day I'm feeling more "wired". Nothing "bad" at the moment, just pent up energy I'd say, but if the past is any indication, I know where this goes.

Waiting the mandatory 6 weeks to see if this is just a "passing phase" or something more permanently.

FWIW

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
I've been on Enclomiphene and hCG, my total T has been anywhere from 400 (print to treatment) to 1183 ng/dL (during treatment) and never had GERD following the changes mentioned above. E2 has been everywhere too during that time.

Recently started TRT with T.Cyp at 90 mg a week, (3x30, M-W-F, Sub-q) and within a few days GERD came back and it's been getting worse (comparatively, not absolutely).

I have a hypothesis that muscle-relaxing benzyl preservatives in the testosterone solution cause relaxation of the lower esophageal sphincter. I am prone to GERD flare-ups from injected testosterone cypionate and propionate that I am not experiencing from testosterone cream.

Belekas

nobody
I suffered from GERD for a number of years (since 2006). I could only bring under control without medication by losing weight (from 187 to 178lbs), cleaning my diet (absolutely no gluten, for more than a year, not too much fat in the diet, smaller portions, absolutely no eating after 7 PM). Since 2015 I had not had GERD at all. I've been on Enclomiphene and hCG, my total T has been anywhere from 400 (print to treatment) to 1183 ng/dL (during treatment) and never had GERD following the changes mentioned above. E2 has been everywhere too during that time.

Recently started TRT with T.Cyp at 90 mg a week, (3x30, M-W-F, Sub-q) and within a few days GERD came back and it's been getting worse (comparatively, not absolutely). Nothing else has changed, well, not true, I'm back at 187 lbs (I'm 6'1")

Something else that has come back is anxiety. Even with hCG, my anxiety had subsided and my sleep was getting better, now I'm relying on Clonazepam at night more and more frequently than I'd like and during the day I'm feeling more "wired". Nothing "bad" at the moment, just pent up energy I'd say, but if the past is any indication, I know where this goes.

Waiting the mandatory 6 weeks to see if this is just a "passing phase" or something more permanently.

FWIW
Thank you for sharing your experience. This issue ain't no joke but most have no idea what pain some of us get. Sucks that you getting it as well. I've been battling last few days this issue very badly and been in terrible pain but managed to reduce it yesterday before bed with my own "crazy" method but about that another time as nobody will believe me anyways lol. Been def more anxious on the pain days and next days as well. I have bit more context but will wait till I feel better and make a post then. Hang in there mate and hope you feel better soon!

sammmy

I hope you all know that if you have GERD, you have to sleep on your left side - that puts the stomach lower than the esophagus. Sleeping on your right side does the opposite.

I seem to have a silent acid reflux - recently even my lower teeth were aching due to acid spills overnight until I started sleeping on my left side. My bedhead is lifted by 6 inches but that didn't help by itself.

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
I have a hypothesis that muscle-relaxing benzyl preservatives in the testosterone solution cause relaxation of the lower esophageal sphincter. I am prone to GERD flare-ups from injected testosterone cypionate and propionate that I am not experiencing from testosterone cream.

Update: the cream started causing my GERD to flare up too. It was different than the injections because it took longer to occur and it causes more traditional GERD symptoms whereas the injections caused more LPR symptoms. Sad face.

It's listed as an official topical testosterone side effect also.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230630-205149.png
    Screenshot_20230630-205149.png
    102.7 KB · Views: 26
T

tareload

Update: the cream started causing my GERD to flare up too. It was different than the injections because it took longer to occur and it causes more traditional GERD symptoms whereas the injections caused more LPR symptoms. Sad face.

It's listed as an official topical testosterone side effect also.
Damn it
I am sorry about that. GERD sucks. Combine with nasty urticaria and it is a world of hurt. The cetirizine did.nothing for you?

Immune system is weird. I am afraid to say but mine disappeared after years of suffering. No idea.

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
Damn it
I am sorry about that. GERD sucks. Combine with nasty urticaria and it is a world of hurt. The cetirizine did.nothing for you?

Immune system is weird. I am afraid to say but mine disappeared after years of suffering. No idea.
I haven't tried ceterizine yet, thank you for the reminder. I'm happy for your spontaneous remission though. Maybe I'll be so lucky someday.

UCFguy01

I've been battling GERD for a few years now. I've tried antacids but have to take them daily. The PPI's and H2 blockers made me feel weird. I've just started taking apple cider vinegar this week and wow!! What a difference. I've literally had no indigestion for 5 days. I take a teaspoon in the morning with water or some sort of drink. And then a teaspoon at night. It's crazy how good this stuff works. I'm probably going to switch over to the ACV pills at some point to avoid having to drink it.

There are no scientific studies out there on Apple Cider vinegar, but there are so many people that it's cured. Me being one of them now.

RPellerin

I had an upper GI last month due to what I considered mild heartburn.
Discovered I have GERD along with a hiatal hernia that has progressed to stage 1 Barrett's disease.

Just started a PPI with complete relief, I hate heartburn.
In the process of scheduling the Nissen fundoplication surgery to get the hernia repaired.

sammmy

I've been battling GERD for a few years now. I've tried antacids but have to take them daily. The PPI's and H2 blockers made me feel weird. I've just started taking apple cider vinegar this week and wow!! What a difference. I've literally had no indigestion for 5 days. I take a teaspoon in the morning with water or some sort of drink. And then a teaspoon at night. It's crazy how good this stuff works. I'm probably going to switch over to the ACV pills at some point to avoid having to drink it.

You probably have GERD from low stomach acid. Do you take TEAspoons of ACV or TABLEspoons? Do you take it at night right before bed, or with dinner a few hours before bed?

You could also try Betaine HCL to increase stomach acid, although ACV contains some oxidants that may be beneficial to blood vessels.

UCFguy01

You probably have GERD from low stomach acid. Do you take TEAspoons of ACV or TABLEspoons? Do you take it at night right before bed, or with dinner a few hours before bed?

You could also try Betaine HCL to increase stomach acid, although ACV contains some oxidants that may be beneficial to blood vessels.
I take a teaspoon in the morning with water or any kind of drink I want to drink. Then I take a teaspoon again at night

jayt

Are any of you battling this? I'm chewing Tums left and right, Omeprazole and other PPI (proton pump inhibitors) are notorious for promoting the down regulation or competition for Nitric Oxide and as such have a bad rep for ED issues. Though these PPI's work for me, I did suffer with ED while on them. I've been off for a week and my ED symptom is improving remarkably.
I started using something with "algininic acid" which is helping but my reflux/GERD is at least moderate to severe and chronic.
Amazon.com

Is there anything else I can try that isn't a PPI?
try drinking apple cider vinegar and water for a few weeks. it worked for me. and now I sip it once a day.... approx 2 oz of apple cider vinegar in 8 oz if water,

UCFguy01

try drinking apple cider vinegar and water for a few weeks. it worked for me. and now I sip it once a day.... approx 2 oz of apple cider vinegar in 8 oz if water,
I’m on week 2 of drinking apple cider vinegar daily and I haven’t had indigestion once. I used to get acid reflux everyday for last few years

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me