When to start Testosterone treatment

Buy Lab Tests Online

cpeterson62

Hi All, I'm still trying to decide if I should start testosterone .... my Testosterone total is 603; SHBG is 58 and my testosterone free is 8.7. It seems my total is in normal range but my free testosterone is on the lower end of the range, and my doc indicated that was the primary reason for starting. Oh, and I'm 58. Thoughts? Thank you.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

As we age testosterone declines, SHBG increases and FT decreases and quality of life goes down. Start now feel your best now, wait years feel your best years from now.

When do you want your quality of life to be higher?

Vince

Super Moderator
Hi All, I'm still trying to decide if I should start testosterone .... my Testosterone total is 603; SHBG is 58 and my testosterone free is 8.7. It seems my total is in normal range but my free testosterone is on the lower end of the range, and my doc indicated that was the primary reason for starting. Oh, and I'm 58. Thoughts? Thank you.
It would be interesting to see your complete testosterone panel along with the ranges. It would also be nice, if you could raise your free testosterone, without injecting testosterone.

By any chance, did you have a complete thyroid panel? TSH, Free T4, free T-3, reverse T3 and both antibodies.

Vince

Super Moderator

cpeterson62

It would be interesting to see your complete testosterone panel along with the ranges. It would also be nice, if you could raise your free testosterone, without injecting testosterone.

By any chance, did you have a complete thyroid panel? TSH, Free T4, free T-3, reverse T3 and both antibodies.
yep. T3 free - 2.9; T4 free - 1.02; TSH 2.189

S1W

Be 100% honest because we’re mostly strangers here trying to help each other:

- Are you overweight?
- Do you have healthy eating habits?
- Do you exercise regularly?

I would always suggest that people address those issues (to the best, reasonable extent possible) before starting TRT.

cpeterson62

Be 100% honest because we’re mostly strangers here trying to help each other:

- Are you overweight?
- Do you have healthy eating habits?
- Do you exercise regularly?

I would always suggest that people address those issues (to the best, reasonable extent possible) before starting TRT.
I've gone from 250 - 178lbs over the last 7 years; yes, health eating habits, but of course I slip up a bit from time to time (LOL); basically try to eat plant based and only meat is chicken; I run 3 - 4 times a week, mostly 3 miles at a time.

S1W

I've gone from 250 - 178lbs over the last 7 years; yes, health eating habits, but of course I slip up a bit from time to time (LOL); basically try to eat plant based and only meat is chicken; I run 3 - 4 times a week, mostly 3 miles at a time.

Excellent work! I would think it might be worth a shot for you to see whether or not it makes a positive difference for you.

You’ll need a knowledgeable doc to even prescribe you T with a TT in the 600s - hopefully that doc can also come up with a plan tailored to you to work with your specific issues (SHBG and low FT).

cpeterson62

Excellent work! I would think it might be worth a shot for you to see whether or not it makes a positive difference for you.

You’ll need a knowledgeable doc to even prescribe you T with a TT in the 600s - hopefully that doc can also come up with a plan tailored to you to work with your specific issues (SHBG and low FT).
Thank you. I'm seeing a naturalpathic doc and talked to several of his clients that have gone on T, all have been very assuring of his knowledge and recommendations.

stx359

If I had to do it all over again, and I had a TT of 400 and an FT of 5, I would have begun with Natesto so as to (hopefully) maintain my HPTA function. You are in a good spot with your numbers. I would opt for the most conservative testosterone option that would boost for free T and DHT and cause minimum disruption to your system. Once you shut down your HPTA with testosterone you are adding a host of new issues to deal with.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me