what is the 2 % of Total Test

Buy Lab Tests Online

TRT1986

I'm understanding that let SHBG alone, free testosterone should be 2% of total, how do we calculate that? let's say Total Test is 800 ng/dl and FT is in pg/ml? 800 x 0,02 = 16?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

TRT1986

You would need the TT, SHBG and the Albumin to be able to calculate the FT in the first place.

Tru-T calculator
thanks for replying. I'm asking as I'm doing more and more reading, I see that in the studies and also by watching some videos, Total testosterones is always mentioned.

Example, in a video I just watched, it was said that to build muscle we need at least 750 to 800 of TT, and going over 1000 may potentially pose some health risk on the long term.

My SHBG is low, so this ratio is screwed up, if I would go by TT my FT would need to go way above reference range, so I believe I should go for a FT range rather than TT range, does it make sense?

Systemlord

Example, in a video I just watched, it was said that to build muscle we need at least 750 to 800 of TT, and going over 1000 may potentially pose some health risk on the long term.
YouTube isn’t a good place to get accurate information, content creators need views to get compensation. None of the above quote is true for everyone, it’s a generalized statement with no real accuracy.

That’s like saying everyone needs the same diet. Some men aren’t even built for high testosterone and midrange is normal for them.

A guy came to Excelmale years ago, was in his prime, no issues, he was quite muscular and scored a TT at 158. Some guys can handle 1500> without issues long term, some men can’t.

Some men can abuse testosterone their entire life without damaging their natural production, some go on their first cycle and ruin their natural production.

We are not born equal. Getting good DNA is like playing poker, sometime you get a really good hand and other times you get dealth a bad hand.

Systemlord

My SHBG is low, so this ratio is screwed up, if I would go by TT my FT would need to go way above reference range, so I believe I should go for a FT range rather than TT range, does it make sense?
You have to experiment and find out what works for you. I know this is tough to hear, but TRT doesn’t work for everyone.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
I'm understanding that let SHBG alone, free testosterone should be 2% of total, how do we calculate that? let's say Total Test is 800 ng/dl and FT is in pg/ml? 800 x 0,02 = 16?
The calculation is correct, but the units remain the same, so it's 16 ng/dL. Multiply by 10 to get pg/mL—160 pg/mL. However, don't expect sensible comparisons with some lab tests. The direct immunoassay tests in particular are inaccurate and their reference ranges usually have little connection to actual hormone concentrations.
You are correct. Free testosterone's fraction of total is not particularly meaningful. Concentrate on free testosterone—either measured accurately by equilibrium dialysis or else calculated using the Vermeulen method. A healthy target range for the latter is about 10-20 ng/dL.

madman

Super Moderator
You would need the TT, SHBG and the Albumin to be able to calculate the FT in the first place.

Tru-T calculator

For the time being, would not even waste your time trying to push this on here!

PHASE IIB is the next hurdle.

I spoke with Bhasin and let's just say there is much more to come.

This is not going away anytime soon.

Giving you a big heads-up.

Take notice of the key points I highlighted!

*This application follows the FDA’s published “Guidance for Industry: Bioanalytical Method Validation

*The essential parameters to determine the acceptability of a bioanalytical method include its technical performance (accuracy, precision, sensitivity, selectivity, stability, and matrix effects)

*Reference ranges should be determined in appropriate human samples.

*The analytical method should be validated for the intended use (e.g., determination in conditions of intended use, such as persons with altered E2 and T levels, women with PCOS, TGD persons, etc.).

post #132

Phase IIB: Development of TruT Algorithm for Commercialization in Androgen Disorders (2022)

TruTTM (v2.0) algorithm

ABSTRACT

Background:
Measurement of free testosterone (T) concentrations is indicated in the diagnosis of androgen disorders, including hypogonadism in men; hirsutism, polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), and androgenic alopecia in women; pubertal disorders in boys and management of gender-affirming hormone therapies for transgender and gender diverse (TGD) persons. This Phase IIB proposal aims to continue the development of the TruTTM algorithm by validating it in common conditions characterized by altered estradiol (E2), T, and SHBG concentrations and incorporating the interaction of E2 with T for wider commercial adoption in women in whom E2 levels vary greatly across the menstrual cycle and in TGD population.

Approach: This application follows the FDA’s published “Guidance for Industry: Bioanalytical Method Validation”.

The essential parameters to determine the acceptability of a bioanalytical method include its technical performance (accuracy, precision, sensitivity, selectivity, stability, and matrix effects).

Reference ranges should be determined in appropriate human samples.

The analytical method should be validated for the intended use (e.g., determination in conditions of intended use, such as persons with altered E2 and T levels, women with PCOS, TGD persons, etc.).

In studies through the Phase II, we demonstrated that the method has superior performance characteristics and extended the validation of TruTTM algorithm in conditions characterized by altered SHBG concentrations.

*In the proposed Phase IIB studies, we will generate the v2.0 of TruTTM algorithm by incorporating the dynamics of the E2 induced perturbation in free T levels, validate it in men, women, and TGD populations (Aim 1) and deploy HIPAA-compliant, secure integration of the algorithm into electronic medical records (EMR) workflow

*(Aim 2). Future Directions and Commercialization potential: The phase IIB program will enable the pilot commercial deployment of a HIPAA-compliant (FDA registered) platform for commercializing the TruTTM (v2.0) algorithm embedded into electronic medical record (EMR) for wider clinical adoption.

These studies will improve clinical care and advance our fundamental understanding of dynamic regulation of T bioavailability in diverse populations including unrepresented sexual and gender minorities.

madman

Super Moderator

Look over this thread!

TRT1986

The calculation is correct, but the units remain the same, so it's 16 ng/dL. Multiply by 10 to get pg/mL—160 pg/mL. However, don't expect sensible comparisons with some lab tests. The direct immunoassay tests in particular are inaccurate and their reference ranges usually have little connection to actual hormone concentrations.

You are correct. Free testosterone's fraction of total is not particularly meaningful. Concentrate on free testosterone—either measured accurately by equilibrium dialysis or else calculated using the Vermeulen method. A healthy target range for the latter is about 10-20 ng/dL.
thanks, indeed looking at my labs (LabCorp) I have always tested FT with direct method, the scale is 8.7 - 25.1 pg/ml. Understanding this is not the most accurate. how do I fit in in this scale 160 pg/ml? which should be the 2% of 800 ng/dl of TT? just divide by 10?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
thanks, indeed looking at my labs (LabCorp) I have always tested FT with direct method, the scale is 8.7 - 25.1 pg/ml. Understanding this is not the most accurate. how do I fit in in this scale 160 pg/ml? which should be the 2% of 800 ng/dl of TT? just divide by 10?
In my opinion the direct test is so inaccurate that it should be ignored. Most of my Labcorp panels have included this test, so I've been able to compare it to calculated free testosterone by plotting against dose. The results are expected to be linear. The calculated free testosterone values, both Vermeulen and Tru-T, appear quite linear, with R^2 greater than 0.9. The direct test performs relatively poorly, with R^2 about 0.5.

If you're determined to make the comparison then I seem to recall that @readalot has posted a conversion factor.

T

tareload

In my opinion the direct test is so inaccurate that it should be ignored. Most of my Labcorp panels have included this test, so I've been able to compare it to calculated free testosterone by plotting against dose. The results are expected to be linear. The calculated free testosterone values, both Vermeulen and Tru-T, appear quite linear, with R^2 greater than 0.9. The direct test performs relatively poorly, with R^2 about 0.5.

If you're determined to make the comparison then I seem to recall that @readalot has posted a conversion factor.

I'll have a recent example soon.

T

tareload

I'll have a recent example soon.
See Parts I and II (thread attached)

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones