What affects Test Level's when on TRT?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Hey guys, curious once you're on TRT. How much does diet, sleep...etc affect your levels?
More technically, it depends on whether you're referring to total or free testosterone, along with what's included in that "etc." A working hypothesis is that the TRT dose rate directly drives the level of free testosterone; double the dose and you double the free testosterone. This implies that total testosterone is a dependent variable, primarily a function of free testosterone, SHBG and albumin. If you're monitoring total testosterone then changes in SHBG or albumin affect your levels. For example, if you experience an isolated drop in SHBG then when things stabilize total testosterone is also lower.

andro1percent

None of these effect your Test levels, because you're getting your Test from an external source.

More technically, it depends on whether you're referring to total or free testosterone, along with what's included in that "etc." A working hypothesis is that the TRT dose rate directly drives the level of free testosterone; double the dose and you double the free testosterone. This implies that total testosterone is a dependent variable, primarily a function of free testosterone, SHBG and albumin. If you're monitoring total testosterone then changes in SHBG or albumin affect your levels. For example, if you experience an isolated drop in SHBG then when things stabilize total testosterone is also lower.
That makes sense. I am curious as I now have 7 years of bloodwork. 6 years being on TRT.

I've been on Testosterone gel 1% (4 pumps total) for 6 years now. Prior to going on TRT I tested my levels 3 times within a year.

For those 3 tests my lab's were as follows:
Total T was between 200-250 (range 241-827)
Free T was between 3.0-4.7 (range 5.0-21.0)
SHBG was between 25-30 (range 17.3-65.8)
Estradiol (E2) 16-21 (range 10-60)

So, quite low for Total and Free T. I began TRT and over the last 6 years my lab's have been generally stable and as follows (**ranges changed):

Total T stays between 580-690 (range 229-902)
Free T stays between 11-14(range 4.1-15.2)
SHBG has slowly crept up over the years from mid 20's to recently upper 30's to 50 (range 11.5-54.5)
Estradiol (E2) stays between 16-21 (range <40 pg/ml)

One exception was earlier this year where my Total T came back 307, Free T 5.8 and SHGB 35.4 (all with the same ranges as above). This made no sense to me after years of consistency. Then this month I tested again and I am back around 600 Total, 9 Free and 51 SHBG.

I've been applying the gel to my shoulders for 6 years. I wondered if the anomaly I experienced with the dip in my numbers I just explained was because my shoulders are getting "used to" the gel. I started applying lotion every night before bed. So, maybe that's why my latest test is closer to my previous 6 years of stable numbers. I know gel isn't too popular from reading posts on this forum. But it has seemed to work for me for the most part.

T

tareload

Thank you @Cataceous.

andro1percent

Interesting, I am going to do an experiment and apply the gel to my ribs/abdomen for a month and then test my levels. I did some reading on this site and it seems applying it to the ribs/abdomen can increase estrogen in many men. So, it may not be a good idea. But if it does work well for me then I can give my shoulders a rest for a while.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me