Buy Lab Tests Online
Just curious... my last two years of labs have shown my total T in the mid 300s, Free T in the mid 70s, E2 and SHBG in the low 20s....

I am 6'5" 280lbs and roughly 30% bodyfat...have a sedentary job and poor diet/sleep and haven't lifted weights seriously in about 5 years (though I did so religiously from my teens to about 30yrs old, i'm 41 now)... When i was in my early/mid 30s my levels were in the low 500s, but still had poor sleep and diet habits (but was way more active and weighed about 240...still about 20lbs heavier than i needed to be).

My doctor has prescribed TRT if i want to give it a go... the standard 100mg per week, self administered however i'd like to set up my injections/frequency/dose etc as long as i dont go over 100mg per week until follow ups etc, then new blood work 8 weeks after i start...

My question for all of you... with the above info (overweight, inactive etc), would you push hard on the lifestyle changes first.... lose the weight, start lifting and eating better, more sleep, more daily activity etc and see if i can get back to where i was before (no symptoms at all, really)... or would you start the TRT while also doing those things?

If i knew i could get back to 500-600 without TRT, that's what i'd do...but also being overweight, i worry about aromatizing too much if i do start TRT...

Looking for advice, opinions, experiences etc!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

My question for all of you... with the above info (overweight, inactive etc), would you push hard on the lifestyle changes first.... lose the weight, start lifting and eating better, more sleep, more daily activity etc and see if i can get back to where i was before (no symptoms at all, really)... or would you start the TRT while also doing those things?
I reckon if you were the warrior type, the alpha male that gets shit done, this question wouldn't exist and you'd already be in the gym and changing your lifestyle.

Are you a talker or are you a doer?

I think you're a TRT guy.

well that's a complicated answer lol I always was the alpha type... was a high school athlete, was in good enough shape in my 20s that people tried to talk me into tested bodybuilding shows, i wont powerlifting meets etc... then now, i have a wife and two daughters and i still "get shit done" but it is geared more towards home/family... but i've told the wife that whether i start trt or not, diet and lifting/walking/being active are going to be a big part of my life again, starting now....

So i guess my main questions are if i can expect to bounce back to my previous normal levels and if not, being obese, will my E2 shoot up way too high?

Systemlord

So i guess my main questions are if i can expect to bounce back to my previous normal levels and if not, being obese, will my E2 shoot up way too high?
There's only one way to find out because nobody's going to be able to give you a definite answer.

Not all men are going to have issues with high estrogen, I surely don't.

Multiple peer-reviewed papers show men below 550 ng/dL have a 30% greater risk of heart attack or death by any cause.

There's only one way to find out because nobody's going to be able to give you a definite answer.

Not all men are going to have issues with high estrogen, I surely don't.

Multiple peer-reviewed papers show men below 550 ng/dL have a 30% greater risk of heart attack or death by any cause.
In your OPINION, do you think if i bust ass with training, diet, exercise outside of lifting...vitamins and minerals where needed...sleep...get down to a healthy weight (lose about 60-65lbs)... would my numbers go up significantly? My only "symptoms" now, are less energy, no morning wood more often than once per week or so, and lower sex drive... no issues with ED and i have somehow held onto a lot of muscle from my years of lifting etc even with poor diet/low T/not lifting in a few years

Systemlord

In your OPINION, do you think if i bust ass with training, diet, exercise outside of lifting...vitamins and minerals where needed...sleep...get down to a healthy weight (lose about 60-65lbs)... would my numbers go up significantly?
Above 550 ng/dL, higher than 11 years ago when in your prime, no way.

My only "symptoms" now, are less energy, no morning wood more often than once per week or so, and lower sex drive... no issues with ED and i have somehow held onto a lot of muscle from my years of lifting etc even with poor diet/low T/not lifting in a few years

The loss of morning erections is an early predictor of cardiovascular problems and will eventually lead to full blown ED.

When that happen you are at risk for a full-blown heart attack within 10 years.

Above 550 ng/dL, higher than 11 years ago when in your prime, no way.

The loss of morning erections is an early predictor of cardiovascular problems and will eventually lead to full blown ED.

When that happen you are at risk for a full-blown heart attack within 10 years.
Fair enough... i'd assumed my lack of morning wood was due to getting 5-6 hours sleep per night (have an 8 month old daughter) seems the nights i get plenty of sleep, i do have them..

Not trying to argue and definitely do not know it all, so i hope i dont come across that way... coming from a past where i had issues with panic attacks etc, i just worry about taking something that i wont know if it will make it worse/better until i'm already shut-down naturally...at which point, i'll have issues when i come off...

Im not afraid of shots at all, and if i do, i'll do smaller daily shots... did a few the week it was prescribed, just to make sure i wouldnt have any issues at all (and i did not).

Also worry about it raising my E2 too high, as my doctor doesnt believe in prescribing AI...

Anyhow, i do truly appreciate your replies!!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me