Vitamin D, and supplements.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Another Great Day

Recently I have been evaluating and researching the many supplements I take on a daily basis due to insomnia and becoming fully awake at 3:00 am. Currently I am only taking vitamin D3 125 mcg twice daily and sleeping much better. Next week I am going to have elective surgery and read this information on Monday. "Studies have shown that patients with vitamin D deficiency have higher mortality rates after ICU admissions. Also, patients who underwent non-heart surgery and had high vitamin D levels have been found to have significantly lower mortality rates."

So I doubled the dose of vitamin D3. ( Sometimes I am unable to see the obvious, I do not blame the supplements, just my shortcomings.)

My nose became stuffy and my stomach hurt. I thought I was coming down with a cold and was concerned I would be sick during the surgery. Then this morning after 1 cup of coffee I had tachycardia and thought I had cardiac issues! Then I did more research this morning.

"If you take large doses of vitamin D, you may experience stomach pain, loss of appetite, constipation, or diarrhea as a result of elevated calcium levels."

"Vitamin D deficiency is thought to contribute to the rapid production of sinus tissue in people with chronic rhinosinusitis (CRS). CRS causes inflammation and swelling in the nasal passages and this makes it difficult to drain mucus."

"Vitamin D is another supplement that can cause heart palpitations when taken in large amounts. Indeed, a March 2018 review found that excess vitamin D in your system was linked to an increased risk of atrial fibrillation, a condition that causes an irregular and often rapid heartbeat."

Another learning experience, these results may be different for others but I am going to further evaluate ANY future supplements.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

My nose became stuffy and my stomach hurt. I thought I was coming down with a cold
This is what happens to me when I take too much vitamin D, it wreaks havoc on my immune system and my sleep actually gets worse.

My first mistake was believing I’m an ordinary person, requiring a typical dose of vitamin D which lead to a year of additional suffering.

During the winter months I can’t handle more than 600 IU, during the summer months, 600 IU and getting lots of sunshine is starting to push vitamin D to close to my limit (30), sometimes beyond it.

I’ll get stuffy nose, sneezing spells followed by fatigue and nausea. My calcium levels have remained within normal ranges during all of these symptoms.

Last edited:

Guided_by_Voices

The vitamin D gurus all insist that it has to be taken with the necessary co-factors, vitamin K2 being the best known but vitamin A and magnesium are necessary as well, and likely others I am forgetting. Chris Masterjohn is probably a good place to start. Sensible sun exposure (10-20 minutes of full body mid-day exposure) several times per week when the sun is above 50 degrees is likely the best way to get your vitamin D.

Vince

Super Moderator
I supplement with 5000 IU of vitamin D3 daily on Sunday I take 10,000 keeps my levels in a good range. I've been supplementing with D3 for over 10 years now. Zero issues.

Another Great Day

I supplement with 5000 IU of vitamin D3 daily on Sunday I take 10,000 keeps my levels in a good range. I've been supplementing with D3 for over 10 years now. Zero issues.
Good to know, not sure why I had those reactions. The brand I was using is Naturewise 125mcg = 5,000 IU, so my most recent dose was 20,000 iu daily, too much, my fault. Over the years I have taken about 9 supplements each day and after this experience I am going to take a month off and then reevaluate with additional research.

Gman86

Good to know, not sure why I had those reactions. The brand I was using is Naturewise 125mcg = 5,000 IU, so my most recent dose was 20,000 iu daily, too much, my fault. Over the years I have taken about 9 supplements each day and after this experience I am going to take a month off and then reevaluate with additional research.
Ya 20Kiu’s is probably too much for most people, and definitely too much of ur not concurrently increasing ur intake of cofactors needed when taking exogenous vitamin D. U also have to remember that exogenous vitamin D uses up magnesium. So the more vitamin D u take, the more ur magnesium levels can get depleted. Ur symptoms from taking too much vit D sound a lot like the symptoms of low magnesium levels to me. I personally take 5000iu’s/ day, and have taken 10,000iu’s/ day without any issues. But I also eat a very nutrient dense diet, and supplement with a lot of magnesium.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me