Trt not working, low SHBG

Buy Lab Tests Online

Cataceous

Super Moderator
What dose of HCG do you recommend me if I am in 15mg T daily? Also, what does IU mean? Because I keep reading that on HCG, is 500 IU = 0.5 mililiters? Sorry for the ignorance on the topic
Doses for hCG as an adjunct to TRT generally run from 500 IU to 1,500 IU per week in divided doses. Typical would be 250-300 IU every other day, which has support in the scientific literature for creating normal levels of intratesticular testosterone. The tradeoff is that these higher levels can stimulate disproportionately higher estradiol production, which causes problems in some cases. This can lead guys to find the lowest dose that prevents testicular atrophy, perhaps about 250 IU twice a week, though there are a couple reports of guys using only 200-250 IU once a week.

"IU" stands for International Unit, which is supposed to be a standard measure of biological activity for the given substance. The conversion of weight to IU is determined by the manufacturer. The concentration of hCG, IU per milliliter, is dependent on the amount of diluent (fluid) added to the dry hCG powder. It is common to use one milliliter of fluid with 1,000 IU of hCG. But if you're mixing your own then any concentration is possible. It's just that the conversion from desired IU to volume is a little more effort. For example, I mixed 3 mL of bacteriostatic water with my last vial of 6,000 IU hCG. This means every 0.1 mL has 200 IU of hCG, not the more standard 100 IU.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

brunoreus

Doses for hCG as an adjunct to TRT generally run from 500 IU to 1,500 IU per week in divided doses. Typical would be 250-300 IU every other day, which has support in the scientific literature for creating normal levels of intratesticular testosterone. The tradeoff is that these higher levels can stimulate disproportionately higher estradiol production, which causes problems in some cases. This can lead guys to find the lowest dose that prevents testicular atrophy, perhaps about 250 IU twice a week, though there are a couple reports of guys using only 200-250 IU once a week.

"IU" stands for International Unit, which is supposed to be a standard measure of biological activity for the given substance. The conversion of weight to IU is determined by the manufacturer. The concentration of hCG, IU per milliliter, is dependent on the amount of diluent (fluid) added to the dry hCG powder. It is common to use one milliliter of fluid with 1,000 IU of hCG. But if you're mixing your own then any concentration is possible. It's just that the conversion from desired IU to volume is a little more effort. For example, I mixed 3 mL of bacteriostatic water with my last vial of 6,000 IU hCG. This means every 0.1 mL has 200 IU of hCG, not the more standard 100 IU.
Okay very clear explanation, thank you very much.
Another question, when guys talk about 200mg/ml testosterone they are implicitly including that it less than that due to the ester? Because my enanthate is 250mg/ml but it says 180mg of those 250 are testosterone per se (I guess the other 70 is the ester). So when I want to calculate how many ml to draw based on protocols that I have read for example, Should I take it as 250mg/ml or 180mg/ml?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Another question, when guys talk about 200mg/ml testosterone they are implicitly including that it less than that due to the ester? ...
Yes, meaning it is necessary to specify the ester to get the full story. In the U.S. testosterone cypionate would be the implicit choice.

... So when I want to calculate how many ml to draw based on protocols that I have read for example, Should I take it as 250mg/ml or 180mg/ml?
As above, protocols should specify the ester, or have it be implicit. It would be nonstandard to discuss dosing in terms of pure testosterone content. The exceptions are transdermal testosterone and the less common pure testosterone for injection (test base, TNE). These two forms have no esters attached. For guys sticking with one ester the distinction is less important, as response to dose should be fairly proportional, while varying widely between different individuals. But if you're using multiple esters, either consecutively or concurrently, then it is important to be aware of the actual testosterone content. I routinely perform these calculations for the enanthate and propionate I have used together and separately.

If you're interested, here are some percentages:
84% in T propionate
72% in T enanthate
70% in T cypionate

brunoreus

Yes, meaning it is necessary to specify the ester to get the full story. In the U.S. testosterone cypionate would be the implicit choice.

As above, protocols should specify the ester, or have it be implicit. It would be nonstandard to discuss dosing in terms of pure testosterone content. The exceptions are transdermal testosterone and the less common pure testosterone for injection (test base, TNE). These two forms have no esters attached. For guys sticking with one ester the distinction is less important, as response to dose should be fairly proportional, while varying widely between different individuals. But if you're using multiple esters, either consecutively or concurrently, then it is important to be aware of the actual testosterone content. I routinely perform these calculations for the enanthate and propionate I have used together and separately.

If you're interested, here are some percentages:
84% in T propionate
72% in T enanthate
70% in T cypionate
Ok very clear.
So if a guy says im injecting 20mg/day enanthate he is meaning 20mg enanthate therefore 14,4 testosterone right?
Thanks!

brunoreus

Ok, so I got the results:
Total T: 1213
Free T: 24
So after injecting daily 15mg for 21 days I have raised my free T for the first time, with all the previous protocols (including 200mg/week) I couldnt raise it from 10-11, now with dailies I got my first results with higher free T, and also total T went from range 300-400 to 1200.
The thing is I feel exactly the same,
Stronger muscles, but still nipple sensitivty, fat accumulating around nipples, poor erections, poor libido, brain fog, anxiety, poor concentration (focus)
My estradiol is arouns 30 right now, SHBG was 15 pre trt.
So what should I do? Go with a bigger daily dose? Stick with the protocol more time? (I think it has reached the stable level already), mirror estradiol with shbg?
Thank you

Jason Sypolt

Administrator
Ok, so I got the results:
Total T: 1213
Free T: 24
So after injecting daily 15mg for 21 days I have raised my free T for the first time, with all the previous protocols (including 200mg/week) I couldnt raise it from 10-11, now with dailies I got my first results with higher free T, and also total T went from range 300-400 to 1200.
The thing is I feel exactly the same,
Stronger muscles, but still nipple sensitivty, fat accumulating around nipples, poor erections, poor libido, brain fog, anxiety, poor concentration (focus)
My estradiol is arouns 30 right now, SHBG was 15 pre trt.
So what should I do? Go with a bigger daily dose? Stick with the protocol more time? (I think it has reached the stable level already), mirror estradiol with shbg?
Thank you
Your problem is not testosterone.

Jason Sypolt

Administrator
What other thing can cause nipple sensitivity other than hormonal imbalance?
Changes in hormones will cause it. It is normal.

Your other symptoms though are something other than hypogonadism if your labs are in range and you feel exactly the same on different protocols. This thread is about low SHBG. Please read my other posts in it. Your SHBG is low, so you have IR and you could have other problems with thyroid and other hormones. Expand your search beyond T. Adding more isn't going to fix or even cover up other problems. It doesn't work that way.

Systemlord

What other thing can cause nipple sensitivity other than hormonal imbalance?
I get hot burning nipples after dosing changes on and off for 6 weeks, I have them now in my first week and expect it for another 5 weeks at which point it will cease because my hormones will stabilize.

If anything you need less testosterone because your SHBG is low, I have low SHBG and only need about 500 ng/dL to have high Free T levels. Your levels aren't even stable yet, it's a bit premature to be expecting dramatic results this early into a new protocol.

Last edited:

brunoreus

I get hot burning nipples after dosing changes on and off for 6 weeks, I have them now in my first week and expect it for another 5 weeks at which point it will cease because my hormones will stabilize.

If anything you need less testosterone because your SHBG is low, I have low SHBG and only need about 500 ng/dL to have high Free T levels. Your levels aren't even stable yet, it's a bit premature to be expecting dramatic results this early into a new protocol.
I think I didnt express myself correctly, I had nipple sensitivity and fat accumulating around the nipples before trt, like my body composition is not right.

Systemlord

I think I didnt express myself correctly, I had nipple sensitivity and fat accumulating around the nipples before trt, like my body composition is not right.

It's more than likely water weight because your dosage is too high. I would back your dosage down to 10mg and reassess. I can only imagine your Free T must be sky high with a Total T at 1200 and previously an SHBG at 15.

Your Free E2 must also be sky high.

Harley

I am definitely not an expert and I can only compare his results to my results but his numbers I think are not consistent with low shbg .
If I am not mistaken for his number of total T (1213) he should have much higher FT , his is only 24.

brunoreus

I am definitely not an expert and I can only compare his results to my results but his numbers I think are not consistent with low shbg .
If I am not mistaken for his number of total T (1213) he should have much higher FT , his is only 24.
Yes, had observed that as well,
Like when I had like 500 total but free was 10 (considering I am very young)
What could be that about?

Alecshepard

Yes I did have SHBG 15 pre Trt, Im 20 years old tho, do you think that may be the reason or just genetics? If you fix insulin resistance SHBG raises to normal levels?
Ps: Im not obese by any means. I have regular body fat. I make this clear because I have also read an association between low shbg, low insulin resistance and obesity.
Thank you.
Hey man any updates on your protocol? I’m 21 years old with shbg at 23 pre trt and 15 now. I think it’s because we are young. (I know this is a old forum)

Systemlord

Hey man any updates on your protocol? I’m 21 years old with shbg at 23 pre trt and 15 now. I think it’s because we are young. (I know this is a old forum)
Age, genetics, medical problems can raise, lower the SHBG. Androgens will almost always lower the SHBG as you have witnessed yourself.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me