transitioning providers, questions

Buy Lab Tests Online

Tad1979

I'm 39, and have dealt with a host of health issues since high school that have always led to "we can't find anything wrong" from my various doctors. Last year I tested low for testosterone. I don't have the exact lab results from then on hand, but my total testosterone stands out in my mind at 128. My other labs, including LH and FSH were within range (indicative of secondary, but again, nothing conclusive for diagnosis beyond the low T). I've been on TRT for about eight months now and things have been good. All of those frustrating, mysterious symptoms have simply vanished. My health and my quality of life have had an enormous upswing. Unfortunately, I need to transition to a different provider for insurance reasons, and the two I have seen have (predictably) wanted to take me off of testosterone. The first didn't even want to do any blood work for to determine where I am at now. The second has taken some sensible actions that doctors prior to me starting testosterone therapy should have done, and actually checked lab work, but also treated me like I was a steroid chaser and spouted a lot of outdated information about how being on testosterone increases cardiac risks. I spent about 10 minutes being chastised about how young I was to have this problem. He wants me off of everything for six months before he will consider retesting me to see if I require exogenous testosterone. He wants me "washed out", claiming he will find the underlying cause. I've learned over the years that I have to make my own choices for my health care and that "conventional wisdom" isn't always what's appropriate. I am aware Defy is an option, one that I am considering strongly - but other than the increased out of pocket cost (a real concern), I'm still struggling with the idea, "what if this doctor is able to find a treatable, underlying cause?" and "is it worth risking six months or more of deterioration to find out?"

So I was hoping to ask the forums here...
1) has any poster here managed to come off of TRT?
2) how difficult was it to maintain most of your improved status during the attempt?
3) if anyone has stopped TRT, what are the odds you will end up BACK on it later in life (assumption is an individual is predisposed to endocrine issues at this point)

Even if I come off, I have fears that most doctors will refuse to put me back on if it is indicated. And six months is a long time for things to go wrong. I just want to make the best possible decision so I can continue to take care of my family.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

It would seem TRT is doing wonders for you and yet your doctor wants you off a treatment that is showing great benefit and at a time when your testosterone would already be on a decline approaching 40.

You don't recover naturally scoring in the 100 ranges, so even if your doctor finds the cause, there will be little he can do to restore youthful levels at age 40. It's clear your doctors knowledge is outdated and seem hell bent of getting you off TRT even though it has improved your quality of life considerably.

TRT is viewed very negatively by most of the medical community and will make any excuse to get you off TRT. In clinical studies TRT only shows benefit to cardiac functions, TRT is cardioprotective. If I was a doctor and believe all the nonsense about TRT causing cardiac problems I would do everything in my power to get you off TRT.

I think you know exactly where this is headed...

Last edited:

HarryCat2

95-100% chance that in 6 months he'll tell you what you really need are anti-depressants.

But more seriously, you should aks him how many patients he has on TRT and what his criteria would be in 6 months to put you back on if no underlying cause is found.

I'm 39, and have dealt with a host of health issues since high school that have always led to "we can't find anything wrong" from my various doctors. Last year I tested low for testosterone. I don't have the exact lab results from then on hand, but my total testosterone stands out in my mind at 128. My other labs, including LH and FSH were within range (indicative of secondary, but again, nothing conclusive for diagnosis beyond the low T). I've been on TRT for about eight months now and things have been good. All of those frustrating, mysterious symptoms have simply vanished. My health and my quality of life have had an enormous upswing. Unfortunately, I need to transition to a different provider for insurance reasons, and the two I have seen have (predictably) wanted to take me off of testosterone. The first didn't even want to do any blood work for to determine where I am at now. The second has taken some sensible actions that doctors prior to me starting testosterone therapy should have done, and actually checked lab work, but also treated me like I was a steroid chaser and spouted a lot of outdated information about how being on testosterone increases cardiac risks. I spent about 10 minutes being chastised about how young I was to have this problem. He wants me off of everything for six months before he will consider retesting me to see if I require exogenous testosterone. He wants me "washed out", claiming he will find the underlying cause. I've learned over the years that I have to make my own choices for my health care and that "conventional wisdom" isn't always what's appropriate. I am aware Defy is an option, one that I am considering strongly - but other than the increased out of pocket cost (a real concern), I'm still struggling with the idea, "what if this doctor is able to find a treatable, underlying cause?" and "is it worth risking six months or more of deterioration to find out?"

So I was hoping to ask the forums here...
1) has any poster here managed to come off of TRT?
2) how difficult was it to maintain most of your improved status during the attempt?
3) if anyone has stopped TRT, what are the odds you will end up BACK on it later in life (assumption is an individual is predisposed to endocrine issues at this point)

Even if I come off, I have fears that most doctors will refuse to put me back on if it is indicated. And six months is a long time for things to go wrong. I just want to make the best possible decision so I can continue to take care of my family.
I am 30 , on trt and also a decade into a lifetime of being on methadone. Just imagine the nonsense I hear from Drs. Its your health and life only you can make an informed decision about the pros and cons. Dont let some asshat who has never had the displeasure of feeling like shit for a living talk you into doing the wrong thing.

fifty

If you’re doing well there is no reason to change. If the doc wants you off trt when you’re doing good I bet he has 0 patients on trt.

If you’re on trt already all defy will want is a physical and labs. It’s really not that expensive when it’s all said and done, plus you’ll get better care. Sure I would like to pay $20 copay for a bottle of test but typical doctors are so painful to work with that defy is incredibly refreshing and worth the extra cash.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching