Thyroid Values - Advice?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Vtail

My 27 yr old son just got his labs back. He had been complaining that he is having trouble with his summer-time 'weight cut', has been having some brain fog and trouble sleeping. Overall he's in great shape and works out regularly. Based on these numbers and how he feels, any thoughts on whether he should find a doc that understands the thyroid? His current doc does not and didn't think there was any need to run these tests because his TSH was within norms.

I included a few other values from his labwork that I thought might provide some insight. Thanks in advance.

1555689073399.png

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
His Labs don't look too bad. His reverse T3 is over 15, if he would take some low dose cytomel, it should help that issue. And as I'm sure you know, he should supplement with some D3.

While it looks like FT3 is a bit on the lower side, the reverse T3 should be < 15 if I'm not mistaken. That will keep the FT3 that he does have as being inactive. The best way to possibly treat this is will adding some T3.

MarcoFL

Agree with both Vince's here. His RT3 is very high given nis FT3 is at 3.1. I hear under 15 used a lot but keep in mind if your FT3 is real low then you need to be 12 or less from what I have learned. Would ask about T3 and for sure get on D3

Cataceous

Super Moderator
I have similar numbers, with reverse T3 a bit higher. I am trying low doses of liothyronine aka Cytomel, and I think it does help mental energy and overall wellbeing. My understanding is that these low doses reduce rT3 without causing much other suppression. Many of the articles on the subject say that we should be looking for underlying causes of the elevated rT3, as ideally these should be addressed directly.

Zooka15

shouldn't more than one test be done to draw a conclusion. I do not think the thyroid numbers are even close to causing sleep issue or brain fog. Cutting , would be more watching calories. I would work on the vitamin D. It seems anymore the latest and greatest craze is pointing fingers at thyroid numbers.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me