Thyroid testing

Buy Lab Tests Online

covino33

I got my thyroid tested to see if it was contributing to hair loss...I was told to get the following and if there are any I forgot please let me know...here are the results are these good levels any input would be greatly apprecitated...

TSH-1.68

FreeT4- 1.2

Free T3 - 3.6

Ferritn- 52

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

covino33

I got my thyroid tested to see if it was contributing to hair loss...I was told to get the following and if there are any I forgot please let me know...here are the results are these good levels any input would be greatly apprecitated...

TSH-1.68 ranges .40 - 4.50

FreeT4- 1.2 .8- 1.8

Free T3 - 3.6 2.3- 4.2

Ferritn- 52 20-380

Vince

Super Moderator
I'm not the thyroid expert, Vettester Chris is but your numbers look good to me. Hopefully Chris will chime.

I don't see anything to be concerned about. Given your values are middle of the road I don't see the necessity of Reverse T3 or antibodies. You may concern adding those if you test again in the future at some point.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
The value of Reverse T3 would be to counter check the FT3 lab. If the RT3/FT3 ratio is above 20, then there could be a possibility that FT3 is pooling. The only reason I say that is that sometimes that is evident when FT4 is at a lower end of the reference range than the FT3 (not always, but sometimes) ... Your FT4 is at 40% of the reference range, FT3 is at 68.4% of reference range.

If your RT3/FT3 ratio is not elevated, then it's fairly suffice to say your FT3 is getting to the cells. T4 will usually increase conversion to RT3 when FT3 is pooling, that's just the nature of how the thyroid regulates itself. On your next lab(s), possibly look at including the iron serum & TIBC. Both iron and ferritin play into getting T3 into the cells. IMO, ferritin is a bit low, but again, it might be good to see the bigger picture with iron.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
There's some great information out there with Dr. Bruce Rind, regarding the thyroid and reference ranges, along with a plethora of information at Stopthethyroidmadness.com, which covers a ton of info on RT3, pooling, and variables that contribute to the well being of the thyroid.

covino33

How much iron should I take...I have read from Dr. Mercola and ideal range is 40 - 60 and no to go above 80...I dont know if that is true just what he recommends

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
How much iron should I take...I have read from Dr. Mercola and ideal range is 40 - 60 and no to go above 80...I dont know if that is true just what he recommends

As far as dosage goes, at least 100mg of good elemental iron over the course of a day could be needed (even higher, depending ..). Make sure vitamin C (ample amount) is taken to ensure proper absorption. This is one KEY factor that gets overlooked when administering iron.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
I don't see anything to be concerned about. Given your values are middle of the road I don't see the necessity of Reverse T3 or antibodies. You may concern adding those if you test again in the future at some point.

I'd like to you know what conclusion you have to think this is EVER the appropriate path to go? How do you counter check someone's triiodothyronine plasma transport to the cells without cross analyzing the Reverse T3 ratio? Additionally, autoimmune attacks and symptoms thereof, regardless of being directed at the enzymes or proteins of the thyroid are not perpetual, but again certain markers like variances in how both FT4 & FT3 compare in their respective reference ranges could (at least in my book) warrant TgAb/TPO assays to evaluate, especially if the patient is experiencing infrequent periods of extreme highs (anxiety, hyper-like sensations ...) and extreme lows that are predominantly consistent with overt hypothyroidism.

covino33

Chris,
You do not think 100mgs. of elemental iron will put me over 60...I have read Dr. Mercola said its not good to get iron levels over 80

covino33

Wow...that was awesome...so things I knew about ...most I did not ...thank...I am trying to find an iron supplement that does not have magnesium stearate in ...unfortunately this filler in in a lot of supplements...any help would be appreciated ...Thanks again great information...

Black Beard

What pattern hairloss are you experiencing? Where are you losing hair? You could have either androgenetic(male pattern) or alopecia areata(autoimmune) . The former is a set pattern(the crown and edges of hairline) the latter is patchy and more random. You could also present with redness/inflammation.

ps don't pay mind to magnesium stearate fears and be wary of StopTheThyroidMadness site. They are very militant in their views, sometimes bordering bigotry. I do believe many people need T4+T3 due to deiodinase polymorphisms. NDT works great, but so does in synthetic combo in my experience.

covino33

What pattern hairloss are you experiencing? Where are you losing hair? You could have either androgenetic(male pattern) or alopecia areata(autoimmune) . The former is a set pattern(the crown and edges of hairline) the latter is patchy and more random. You could also present with redness/inflammation.

ps don't pay mind to magnesium stearate fears and be wary of StopTheThyroidMadness site. They are very militant in their views, sometimes bordering bigotry. I do believe many people need T4+T3 due to deiodinase polymorphisms. NDT works great, but so does in synthetic combo in my experience.

I am 47 always had a thick head of hair...noticed increase in some around hairline and a little patch...not too bad on the crown...i am sure its from increase in my dht levels...beens on and off trt the last five years....last two year have been on continious...
Didn't do anything with StopThe...just interesting reading...

A friend of mine ended of having some problems with his prostate...the docs linked it back to the magnesium stearate from his vitamins/supplements...I think it is something to be concerned about...its a cheaper filler...I usually get my supplements/vitamins in powder form so not a problem...

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me