Do I have T3 pooling?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Wild_Man

I have been taking 2 grains (120mg) of NDT and recently got lab work done. The STTM (Stop the Thyroid Madness) community said I have T3 pooling going on because my Free T4 is low while Free T3 is high, indicating higher Reverse T3 not allowing the Free T3 to enter into the cells. Hence, the unused Free T3 is "pooling" in my blood where it cannot be utilized by cells. What does pooling mean? - Stop The Thyroid Madness

Do you guys believe in "T3 pooling" and why/why not?

Before NDT:
TSH: 9.71 (0.4-4.5)
Free T4: 1.1 (0.8-1.8)
Free T3: 3.6 (2.3-4.2)

After NDT:
TSH: 0.03 (0.4-4.5)
Free T4: 1.1 (0.8-1.8)
Free T3: 4.1 (2.3-4.2)

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

The STTM (Stop the Thyroid Madness) community said I have T3 pooling going on because my Free T4 is low while Free T3 is high, indicating higher Reverse T3 not allowing the Free T3 to enter into the cells.
Reverse T3 is inert, the lab testing picks up Free T4 as Reverse T3, because the testing is inaccurate. Reverse T3 also increases as you age as a protective measure as you become more sensitive to thyroid hormones overtime.

Ignore Reverse T3 and stop testing for it.

Are you consuming any iodine supplements?

Last edited:

Wild_Man

Reverse T3 is inert, the lab testing picks up Free T4 as Reverse T3, because the testing is inaccurate. Reverse T3 also increases as you age as a protective measure as you become more sensitive to thyroid hormones overtime.

Yeah I didn't get Reverse T3 tested. Regardless of that, do you believe I have pooling going on?

And no, I'm not taking any iodine.

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
I have been taking 2 grains (120mg) of NDT and recently got lab work done. The STTM (Stop the Thyroid Madness) community said I have T3 pooling going on because my Free T4 is low while Free T3 is high
Sounds like nonsense. When you take NDT, you get a ratio of T4:T3 that is not physiological (more T3, less T4 than normal human thyroid levels). Consequently, your T3 level will be high relative to your T4. When I took NDT the same thing happened to me.

Wild_Man

Sounds like nonsense. When you take NDT, you get a ratio of T4:T3 that is not physiological (more T3, less T4 than normal human thyroid levels). Consequently, your T3 level will be high relative to your T4. When I took NDT the same thing happened to me.
How come you’re not taking NDT anymore?

And I have Synthroid too. Should I add it on top of the NDT to increase FT4 levels?

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
How come you’re not taking NDT anymore?

And I have Synthroid too. Should I add it on top of the NDT to increase FT4 levels?
I didn't have hypothyroidism, I was just eating a badly formulated low carb diet without enough fat or calories, causing me to feel cold and tired all the time. I never felt better than baseline on any thyroid protocol, and I tried many, including T4 only, NDT, T3 only, and various mixtures. It was all a complete waste of time.

Fixing my diet made the feeling cold all the time go away.

Wolverine

I didn't have hypothyroidism, I was just eating a badly formulated low carb diet without enough fat or calories, causing me to feel cold and tired all the time. I never felt better than baseline on any thyroid protocol, and I tried many, including T4 only, NDT, T3 only, and various mixtures. It was all a complete waste of time.

Thanks! What is your diet? Macros?

Wild_Man

Thanks for explaining, glad you figured it out.

I believe I have some sort of cortisol-related issue that is affecting my body’s response to thyroid hormones. I was hesitant to believe cortisol could be an issue as I know it’s a massive rabbit hole, however I think a low dose trial of cortisone acetate or Cortef could be worth doing.

Ryan474

Fwiw, I'm very skeptical of this video from Justin Groce. I wonder if he has significant clinical experience testing rt3 and treating people.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me