Thyroid numbers "good" but have many symptoms....

Buy Lab Tests Online

Gman86

That sounds like a good plan! Good luck with that protocol. I will chime back in with what I end up doing and eventually how it is working. Gman are you ok with sharing your pre-treatment thyroid numbers?

Don’t mind at all.

2/20/19 (Pre-thyroid medication)
T3 total - 83 (76-181)
T4 total - 5.6 (4.5-10.5)
Free T3 - 3.7 (2.3-4.2)
Free t4 - 0.9 (0.8-1.8)
Rt3 - 11 (8-25)
TSH - 0.73 (0.4-4.5)

4-30-19 (2.5 grains NDT per day)
T3 total - 230 (76-181)
T4 total - 9.4 (4.5-10.5)
Free T3 - 7.3 (2.3-4.2)
Free t4 - 1.6 (0.8-1.8)
Rt3 - 22 (8-25)
TSH - 0.01 (0.4-4.5)

7-23-19 (1 month off of all thyroid medication)
T3 total - 106 (76-181)
T4 total - 6.0 (4.5-10.5)
Free T3 - 3.3 (2.3-4.2)
Free t4 - 1.0 (0.8-1.8)
Rt3 - 12 (8-25)
TSH - 0.78 (0.4-4.5)

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Ardoc2

Thanks GMan!
So i assume you started on Thyroid meds due to symptoms? I say that because your numbers (much like mine) were all in range and as such would be deemed "normal" by most physicians. Your pre-treament FT3 was above 50% too! Can i ask what the main factor was in you seeking treatment?

Ardoc2

Thanks Nelson! I hope you are right. I assume then that unlike assessing the need for TRT based on symptoms over numbers that Thyroid is more discernible by the numbers alone?
I don't really have fatigue (any more than most busy people).
My concerns are;
- High rT3
- short-term memory issues
- body temperature dysregulation
- dry itchy skin
- apathy/depressed mood
- constipation (which improved to a point i have never been when i started the T3)

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Low estradiol could cause these:

short-term memory issues
- body temperature dysregulation
- dry itchy skin
- apathy/depressed mood

Ardoc2

Great thanks! I will get the sensitive Estradiol test to check. The one thing that stands out the most is that my regularity/motility was the best its ever been, in my life (I've always had inconsistency in this area), for the first couple months i started the the low-dose T3 to try and reduce the rT3. Is there any chance E2 could be the culprit here too?

Gman86

Thanks GMan!
So i assume you started on Thyroid meds due to symptoms? I say that because your numbers (much like mine) were all in range and as such would be deemed "normal" by most physicians. Your pre-treament FT3 was above 50% too! Can i ask what the main factor was in you seeking treatment?

Ya you can ask me anything. I'm an open book. I've had crazy brain fog for the past 5 years. No matter what HRT protocol I'm on, I've always had the brain fog. My morning temps are also always extremely low, at around 96.0-96.2 degrees fahrenheit. So even though my numbers looked good, I thought maybe a trial of thyroid medication would be worth trying. I didn't notice any relief in my brain fog while on 2.5 grains of NDT. So thyroid probably isn't the cause of the brain fog. I've recently learned that the house that I'm in has a ton of black mold, and is most likely the cause of my brain fog. So I'm now working on moving out of here. Hopefully will be out in a month or less.

apsjiml

Well, most healthy people really do have a free t3 that is in the upper portion of the range somewhere. So 3 to 6 5.5 or so would be good. Reverse t3 is made from t4 so, if you want to lower reverse t3 you need less t4 and more t3. You should not be taking your thyroid the morning of the lab test. That will give a false elevated reading. t3 crosses the blood brain barrier just as well as t4, that is just not true. So, when we are talking Deiodinase (fancy term for enzymes that convert t4 to t3 . Things that cause lack of deiodinases are of course, Low Testosterone, low growth hormone, low iron, low cortisol, dieting, and of course other reasons to not to mention Genetics. Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale