The self care option: Taking charge

Buy Lab Tests Online

Re-Ride

Quality endocrine care is essentially non-existent just like quality care for almost anything else in the U.S.

There are only a handful excellent MD's in the U.S. A review of complaints on these pages from members is all the proof one needs that unless one assumes responsibility for his own care health will suffer. This goes beyond TRT. In my own case I would have had a kidney excised last year for no reason whatsoever had I followed an MD's advice. The fact remains that MD's in the U.S., for the most part, are nothing more than over-paid agents of greed for Big Pharma.

Let's take a look at the remarkable progress I've made on my own in the past 9 months. Base line cholesterol 220, now 159. Hyperlipedimia now history A1C down to 5.1. I did not have to follow any extreme diet. I followed Canadian government guidelines on supplementation with inexpensive bulk aminos, antioxidants and supplements. I began using low cost quality whey. No it isn't organic. I stopped for the most part consuming bleached white flower, sugar and syn-foods made of chemicals. I avoid anything with added sugars. I still enjoy a pizza here and there. I focus on supplying my body with healthy things and don't deny myself comfort foods occasionally. I'm not obsessed about carbs or anything else. I just make sure I consume enough clean protein and fresh veggies when available which isn't that often. I produce isn't exceptional I leave it on the shelf.

I relied upon these pages, examine.com and a few other reliable sources. I quickly lost my fat tire. My waist size is down to 31. I gained energy, vastly improved my cognition. My golden rule is: Eat quality first. Then reward yourself with a little junk food if you are still hungry or are out with friends. There is no need to deny yourself.

It's amazing how quickly one looses appetite for junk food. Most commercial processed food is poison. Read labels. Don't buy it.

I had a visit with a new doc today. My labs were staring her in the face. Yet she insisted my progress, proven by labs, was solely from a drug I have been on for two years and that the aminos, hormones, and supplements could not possibly explain my remarkable progress. . She went as far as claiming that there are no studies proving the effectiveness of the supplements and hormones I am taking.

O.K., if the labs mean nothing let's stop doing them. She and her associates had nearly killed me. I told her so and asked her to pull up my T labs from four years ago while on Gel TRT. They were strangely missing from my chart. The single digit serum 25 D hydroxy while on prescribed Rx ergocalciferol (D2) was gone too.

I'm not under your care doctor. I'm not foolish enough to do that any longer. I'm recovering from neglect and malpractice and I will direct my own care thank you. Results are confirmed by lab work. As long as the labs demonstrate continued progress I expect you to support my decisions and prescribe accordingly. It's my life. No I don't want statins and as you can see I never needed them.

She didn't like this of course and tried to say she would refuse me care under these terms. I cited ADA.

It's not easy to sift through all the misinformation on the web. It takes a lot of work to educate your self. Your life depends on this however. The choice is yours. A good prescirber is one who is open minded, will read studies you present to them, order the labs you request and work with you toward your goals. As long as your labs demonstrate progress they should give you no grief. They work for you. They are entitled to their opinion however it is results that count. 99.9% of the time their recommendations will destroy your health while filling the pockets of Big Pharma.

Dr. Alan Pont, head of Sutter endochonlogy: "LH has nothing to do with leydig stimulation or endogenous T production" "hCG can not stimulate T production" "Once a month T cyp injections is all any one needs" "no I do not follow E2 serum levels" "You can have your testes removed and replaced with prosthesis" "I have a very nice home here in the city which prove my success"

I never saw so many desperately ill looking patients in any waiting room. Dr. Pont had no explanation on why my serum T shot up from 200 to 700+ on hCG mono. I listened politely for 45 minutes before telling him that he was he was an ignorant charletin and a quack and that the gaunt sickly patients in his waiting room proved this beyond a doubt.

If a perpetual struggle with symptoms is your goal then go ahead and be lazy. Otherwise wake up and educate yourself. Don't be shy. An honest doctor will admit that he has insufficient training. It is his duty to get informed. Get use to the idea that you'll have to fire a good many of them. At the same time recognize any area for which they are qualified to treat and consider using them for that purpose only.

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ERO

Congratulations on taking control of your health and for the huge improvements you have made in your in cholesterol, hyperlipedimia and A1C!

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Re-Ride

Thank you for sharing your horrific story of another medical malpractice example. It amazes me how some doctors buy into strange dogma not based on any scientific data. Gladly, you know better!!

I only see my nurse when I really REALLY need something. I slipped up and talked HRT with her, once, and she gives me the stink eye ever since. Not bad, but you know how it goes. I do 1000 times better reading and educating myself.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Medical error—the third leading cause of death in the US

BMJ 2016; 353

Medical error is not included on death certificates or in rankings of cause of death. Martin Makary and Michael Daniel assess its contribution to mortality and call for better reporting

The annual list of the most common causes of death in the United States, compiled by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), informs public awareness and national research priorities each year. The list is created using death certificates filled out by physicians, funeral directors, medical examiners, and coroners. However, a major limitation of the death certificate is that it relies on assigning an International Classification of Disease (ICD) code to the cause of death.1 As a result, causes of death not associated with an ICD code, such as human and system factors, are not captured. The science of safety has matured to describe how communication breakdowns, diagnostic errors, poor judgment, and inadequate skill can directly result in patient harm and death. We analyzed the scientific literature on medical error to identify its contribution to US deaths in relation to causes listed by the CDC.2

http://www.bmj.com/content/353/bmj.i2139

rhino5169

Congrats on getting healthier.
Awesome post and well written. I could have written this almost word for word. If I wanted to open a can of worms i'd send this to my endo but I know it probably wouldn't do any good plus I dont want to burn any bridges, just in case.

I havent seen my endo in about 6 months. Actually it was his assistant, but they both know I was not happy with their "care". He got a little pissy when I asked a few questions and debated his answers so well he got a defensive attitude.
When I saw his assistant 6 months ago she told me my a1c was too high, "seriously high". I said oh really, you dont think it's good that I get down from a 13 to a 7?
She said definitely good but needs to be lower maybe we up your dosage. (was taking 4 insulin shots a day plus metformin).
I said well, what would you say if I told you im not taking any meds and havent for 4 months and subsequently I have an a1c of 7, and further the lowest my a1c on meds was a 7.5.
Her jaw dropped and was dumbfounded and didnt know what to say, but she put all the notes in my file.

I hadn't made another appt there and hadn't heard from anyone but the dr got a hold of recent labwork because it automatically goes to him as my cardiologist is part of the same group. So my numbers flipped around and he pounced on the opportunity to email me to say I should come in and see him / assistant.

I emailed back to say I was already on top of my numbers and explained the reason why they flipped from labs only 2 months before (that he didnt know about). I explained what was going on and what I changed that caused ldl to go up, hdl to go down, etc....and that I was already modifying things to get back to where I was. I showed him that not everyone is a sheep and he can go write prescriptions for someone else, without saying it.
Haven't heard back from him.

Re-Ride

Another six hour day at the lab. I'm done! One doc can't see the value of repeating an assay which returned grossly out of range last week. Another doc's orders are "no good because he released them in the system". I turn to a third doc who promptly had his orders voided after they crossed the state line.

I'm finding variable protocols work for me. EOD, E3rdD, E5thD. Next: Dispense with the tests. Whose got this kind of time to waste?

Another six hour day at the lab. I'm done! One doc can't see the value of repeating an assay which returned grossly out of range last week. Another doc's orders are "no good because he released them in the system". I turn to a third doc who promptly had his orders voided after they crossed the state line.

I'm finding variable protocols work for me. EOD, E3rdD, E5thD. Next: Dispense with the tests. Whose got this kind of time to waste?

Re-ride, in following your posts I know you've had numerous frustrations with the labs in the past and am sorry you've run into another hassle. I'm assuming none of those three doctor's lab orders referenced were from our office? I haven't heard of any lab problems recently from staff, unless it didn't make it up the chain yet.

Re-Ride

Thanks for the reply Dr. Saya. Your office has been great, no fantastic! Please thank the staff for faxing out orders so quickly.

edit: Your staff resulted me via email yesterday the 26th.

Last edited:

Re-Ride

I don't advocate irregular TRT dosing. That's been a consequence of my situation since early December along with having to abandon much of my nutritional supplementation for the time being. I'm now not so sure that fluctuating hormone serum levels for certain men at least in the short term is an entirely bad thing.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me