FOCUSING ON THE UNIQUE HEALTH CARE NEEDS OF TRANSGENDER INDIVIDUALS

Buy Lab Tests Online

madman

Super Moderator
Screenshot (2263).png

While social awareness and inclusion of the transgender population are on the rise, many transgender individuals continue to struggle in accessing and obtaining high-quality health care.

For example, The Report of the 2015 U.S. Transgender Survey found that 33 percent of respondents who had seen a health care provider in the previous year “had at least one negative experience related to being transgender, such as being verbally harassed or refused treatment because of their gender identity.” Such experiences often discourage transgender people from seeing a doctor, even when they have serious health issues.

“Not seeking health care due to a fear of mistreatment is a major contributor to worse health outcomes in transgender people,” said Ole-Petter Hamnvik, MB BCh BAO, an endocrinologist in the Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Hypertension at Brigham and Women’s Hospital.

Along with fellow endocrinologists Anna L. Goldman, MD, and Shalender Bhasin, MD, Dr. Hamnvik is a co-director of the Brigham’s transgender program. Their shared goal is to raise the level of care for transgender and gender-diverse individuals undergoing the process of gender affirmation—all in a premier academic setting.

“I want to help create a safe space where transgender patients won’t be misgendered by the front desk and can choose to go in whatever bathroom they feel is appropriate,” Dr. Goldman said. “I feel strongly about making sure these patients have access to trans-competent care in all disciplines of this amazing academic center.”

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching