Started today...How does this sound?

Buy Lab Tests Online

excelnelg

Started today. .35 test 2x week / .35 hcg 2x week / .25 anastrozole+dim 2x week. Beginning TT is 224. Beginning FT is 8. Wish me luck.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ERO

Do you have labs that show you need Anastrozole? If not, don't just assume that you need it as you may or may not and the only way to know is to start without and only add it in after 4-5 weeks and where new blood work and high E2 symtoms show that it is needed.

Do you have labs that show you need Anastrozole? If not, don't just assume that you need it as you may or may not and the only way to know is to start without and only add it in after 4-5 weeks and where new blood work and high E2 symtoms show that it is needed.

Solid advice!

Last edited by a moderator:

excelnelg

Thanks for the info, ERO. I'll definitely keep it in mind and take it into consideration. The doctor said that because my current levels of estrogen are normal but my T levels are low, there was a possibility that estrogen levels could go up too high as testosterone levels rise, therefore he prescribed what he called a conservative dosage of anastrozole as a preventative measure.

excelnelg

Thanks, CoastWatcher for the welcome. I will take the advice on anastrozole into consideration. Do you agree or disagree that a dose of .25 2x per week is a low/conservative dose?

Started today. .35 test 2x week / .35 hcg 2x week / .25 anastrozole+dim 2x week. Beginning TT is 224. Beginning FT is 8. Wish me luck.

Post your full labs, height, age, weight, and exercise level and such if you want feedback.

There's not much to say when you tell us "low test and normal E2". We have no idea what "normal" means, could be 1 point above low end or 1 point below high end. We also don't know what kind of E2 test it is, or any lab ranges. The numbers you posted could mean many things, especially the free testosterone, could be on a 9-26 range or 55-224 range.

Or don't if you don't want feedback.

excelnelg

johndoesmith, I can tell you the following: Estradiol 21.7 (7.6-42.6). Unfortunately, this was not the sensitive test like I asked for, but it's what I have. Dr. Saya stated that even though it wasn't the sensitive test, that results in that range tend to be accurate. Total Testosterone was 224 (348-1197). Free Testosterone was 8 (6.8-21.5). LH was 7.7 (1.7-8.6). DHEA was 264 (31-701).

johndoesmith, I can tell you the following: Estradiol 21.7 (7.6-42.6). Unfortunately, this was not the sensitive test like I asked for, but it's what I have. Dr. Saya stated that even though it wasn't the sensitive test, that results in that range tend to be accurate. Total Testosterone was 224 (348-1197). Free Testosterone was 8 (6.8-21.5). LH was 7.7 (1.7-8.6). DHEA was 264 (31-701).

Oh you're consulting Dr saya? In that case I'd have full faith in his protocol. I can be a smartass, and when he prescribed my protocol, I wanted to do it my way. He talked me out of it with facts and his experience, and I am glad I followed his advice to the T(no pun intended).

Ouch, looks like a strong case of primary to me. I hope things improve by huge amounts for you!

Leesto

I wish you all the best!

I'm one of those who started out with .25 mg anastrozole 2x/week when I first went on TRT. didn't know any better and just did what the doc said. I felt no positive results from testosterone for 2 months then spent 6 weeks in hell from crashed E2. Similar experiences may be why some of the others here have cautioned you about anastrozole. I sincerely hope you have a very positive start to your TRT regimen and I'm sure the guys here and your Dr. will be very helpful in your new journey.

I am curious: what caused you to seek treatment?

excelnelg

Thanks, Leesto! I have suffered from all the symptoms of low testosterone for a long time, going back as far as my late '20s and early '30s. I had it tested on a couple of occasions and it was always in the low normal range. To the doctors, that qualified as normal with no consideration of the symptoms or the fact that a 30 year old probably shouldn't have a testosterone level equal to that of a 70 year old. Several years ago, I was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and was recently diagnosed with diabetes. Illnesses that very possibly could have come as a result of or have been exacerbated by the low testosterone. After turning 45, and with symptoms worse than ever, I decided to contact Defy clinic since it is spoken of very highly here on this forum. It was important for me to work with someone whose goal was to get my levels into the optimal range and not just the bottom end of normal.

Thanks, Leesto! I have suffered from all the symptoms of low testosterone for a long time, going back as far as my late '20s and early '30s. I had it tested on a couple of occasions and it was always in the low normal range. To the doctors, that qualified as normal with no consideration of the symptoms or the fact that a 30 year old probably shouldn't have a testosterone level equal to that of a 70 year old. Several years ago, I was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and was recently diagnosed with diabetes. Illnesses that very possibly could have come as a result of or have been exacerbated by the low testosterone. After turning 45, and with symptoms worse than ever, I decided to contact Defy clinic since it is spoken of very highly here on this forum. It was important for me to work with someone whose goal was to get my levels into the optimal range and not just the bottom end of normal.

Type 2 diabetes? Watch your blood sugar, it may go a bit low. TRT can make you more sensitive to insulin I believe, which is a good thing, if you know about it ahead of time. I think there's a warning on the prescription insert for testosterone that it can cause this issue in diabetics.

CFS I recall reading may be due to low test in men, let us know if it improves, it can really help the next guy!

Leesto

Interesting. I'm quite a bit older than you (62) but have had a similar journey. Only thing is I let it go too long and was probably low-T for several decades before getting treatment. Diabetes and hypertension only got worse even with medications. Glad you caught it earlier and I sure hope it gets you back to great heath and full vigor!

It will be interesting to hear how you do on the new regimen.

Leesto

Type 2 diabetes? Watch your blood sugar, it may go a bit low. TRT can make you more sensitive to insulin I believe, which is a good thing, if you know about it ahead of time. I think there's a warning on the prescription insert for testosterone that it can cause this issue in diabetics.

CFS I recall reading may be due to low test in men, let us know if it improves, it can really help the next guy!

Yes I had to cut my diabetes meds in half when I went on TRT. Actually it was 10 days into TRT when I started having low blood sugar incidents. I was happy to cut down on the diabetes meds!

My fasting glucose went from 180-200 on 4 pills per day before TRT to 110 - 120 on 2 pills per day after TRT. It is possible that additional benefits will accrue after a longer period of maintaining good T levels.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me