So who is happy with TRT? Who wish they never started?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

michaely23

Hi,
As someone with a total T of 230 at 42 years old. And reading these boards as well as numerous research articles. Who is ultimately happy with going on TRT? What benefits did you see? What negatives did you personally see? Its hard to really discern whether the benefits outweighs the risks etc. How is everyone's libido? What ester are you on and how much/how often?

Just trying to get some feedback from people currently on TRT or that were on and went off due to side effects.
If changed my life for the better. My quality of life has improved significantly and I love Defy medical.

CKO

Protocol: 40mg Test Cyp 3 x week, 400 iu hcg x 2, anastrozole 1/8 x 2week.

I wish I had not started trt. I simply cannot find balance. I'm always battling high E2 symptoms, occasional high hct, crazy excessive sweating. Little improvement in libido.

Main positives: my mood is much calmer, almost blunted. Much easier to put on muscle.

If I had to do it over again I would stick with enclomiphene.

Forty2

I wish I had not started trt. I simply cannot find balance. I'm always battling high E2 symptoms, occasional high hct, crazy excessive sweating. Little improvement in libido.

Main positives: my mood is much calmer, almost blunted. Much easier to put on muscle.

Your dose is way too high. That's why you're not feeling good. Try reducing your test cyp dose down to about 35mg twice a week or 25mg 3 x week and drop the anastrazole completely. See how you feel on that dose for a few months, then maybe introduce hCG twice a week starting at about 250iu per dose. You can gradually increase the hCG if you're not having high E2 symptoms.
Forget enclomiphene if you're interested in having a good libido as it will completely switch it off!

tropicaldaze1950

Never used HCG. From what I've read, for some men it helps; for others, it either can or, does, increase E2. Perhaps drop it and drop anastrozole, unless you've tried that. As for the suggestion of lowering your T dose, the only way to assess is that is running only on T for 4 to 6 weeks. If no change, lower it to 30 3X weekly.

Charliebizz

yeah, well thats sorta the issue, i would say there is a negative bias here on trt from the posts. Seems people are all messing with their bloodwork constantly. This is high, this is a low. I have no libido. instead of just living your life
Most people have those issues with low t and that’s why they started trt. Trt hasn’t been a panacea for me. But it’s helped tremendously with recovery and performance at sports. And my sex drive libido and erections. That all took a hit when my t levels tanked

Charliebizz

I'm happy and I've been on it for about 8 years. I used to use the shots then switched to compounded cream applied on the scrotum and nothing else and feel great. I just don't try to over think everything or over analyze everything.
Is it a big difference for you cream vs injections ? It was for me but lately I feel like I’m back on injections. Not sure why waiting on labs

tropicaldaze1950

yeah, well thats sorta the issue, i would say there is a negative bias here on trt from the posts. Seems people are all messing with their bloodwork constantly. This is high, this is a low. I have no libido. instead of just living your life
Yes, some can overthink it and become obsessive about small or transient changes but if one has low T, poor libido/erectile function, fatigue, depression, various other physical issues, you go on it, regardless of the form of T, with the hope of symptom resolution. And, if after several months, or longer, little has changed or change is minimal, simply living your life is a struggle. You begin to feel hopeless and that feeling settles in, making itself at home.

TLR

Is it a big difference for you cream vs injections ? It was for me but lately I feel like I’m back on injections. Not sure why waiting on labs
Same thing happened to me with the cream and my labs looked “perfect.” Even my lipid profile was better on cream….but the anxiety crept back in after initially being much better, and then I started having erection issues….I don’t totally blame the anxiety on hormones because I had it before and it seems to do what it wants without reason….BUT…it did get worse after starting TRT.

Charliebizz

Same thing happened to me with the cream and my labs looked “perfect.” Even my lipid profile was better on cream….but the anxiety crept back in after initially being much better, and then I started having erection issues….I don’t totally blame the anxiety on hormones because I had it before and it seems to do what it wants without reason….BUT…it did get worse after starting TRT.
My anxiety is much better as I’ve gotten older. My erections and libido are still great on cream. But the depression and weird pressure in my head that went away when I switched to cream is now back. I’ve been on cream for 9-10 months. So not sure what’s going on waiting for labs to come back to see if anything stands out.

Arcane

I started TRT a little over 8 and 1/2 years ago and I never looked back. My main issue was brain fog and starting TRT completely took it away and it never came back. There's other benefits like increase energy. Easier to work out in the morning. My libido and sex life stay strong.

The only issue I had when starting out was high HCT. I did donate blood every 8 weeks for the first two years. Then I went to daily injections and my HCT stabilized and for over 6 years now I have not had to donate blood.
think your HCT would go up with EOD injections instead of daily?

Dano

I've been on TRT a little over a year and its been helpful. I'm 54, lift weights and eat well but my total T varied between 250-350 with a correspondingly low free T. Estrogen levels were very low too and SHBG was near the middle range...

I've been pretty consistent on a weekly 100mg shot of Test C (Empower), no AI and I've used pregnenolone/DHEA off and on and will probably go back on it. It is the DHEA plus from Douglas Labs and I really like their supplements. Other than that, I take a once daily Alive vitamin for men over 50 and a fish oil from Costco and Losartan 50MG daily for mild hypertension. It controls it reasonably well and I will be adding daily tadalafil 2.5mgs soon to help with occasional ED.

Heart and overall health workups have been good which included EKG and a cardiac stress test. This dose keeps my trough levels at the mid to high 500's with a good jump in free T and I feel pretty good with limited brain fog, energy/stamina is better and a chronic dry skin problem around my eyes and ears cleared up as the T shots made my skin more oily... Weird improvement but I will gladly take it!

My doc is a good provider with a lot of knowledge and listens which is great if you can find it locally. I started doing my own weekly shots at home recently vs going in for a nurse shot which is easier than I thought. Still can't self administer in the glute so they give me deltoid pre-fills that are basically painless with the 100mg/ .5 ML dose rotating the weekly shot. 25 gauge with a 1" pin.... I can feel the dose disperse for about 24 hours then its totally normal the next day.

I did go up to 120mgs weekly and didn't like it. I didn't feel any better and my HCT went slightly over 50 and the 100mgs keeps it around 48. No hair loss as I found out I'm genetically resistant to it - retained a little more water but nothing out of line. 5-10 extra lbs gained....

All in all, I'm pretty happy, had realistic expectations going in and would recommend anyone who is considering it to listen to your body as more T isn't always better. Keep it simple and don't jump into too many add ons until you give it enough time to see how you respond/feel.

Hope that helps!

testiculus

Very happy I started TRT 5.5 years ago at the age of 47. I wish I had known how beneficial testosterone was and started much earlier. I had developed anxiety and depression and had no idea it was due to low T.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me