SHBG confusion

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nashtide

It seems to me that the terms high and low SHBG gets thrown around a lot but what one person thinks is high another doesn't. If according to Quest, the range of SHBG is 22-77nmol/L, then 49.5 is mid range. Why do some think of that number as high?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Here's mine, SHBG 48.8 range 19.3 - 76.4. I wouldn't considered high, but because I do daily injections some may considered high for that. As you get older usually shbg increases, the labs even increase the range for older men like me.

Gman86

Very good question and observation Nashtide. Basically it just comes down to some people not being as observant as others. You always have to look at the specific lab range when someone posts their SHBG. A lot of guys just get fixed numbers of high and low SHBG in their head, like you said. But all that matters is the correlating lab range that goes along with the person's SHBG. Simple as that.

Nashtide

If we agree that SHBG is critical in planning our TRT protocol, we should also be able to agree what is a high or low level.

Vince

Super Moderator
If we agree that SHBG is critical in planning our TRT protocol, we should also be able to agree what is a high or low level.

Originally everyone thought low shbg was ideal, because it gave you higher levels of free T. Boy times have really changed.

Originally everyone thought low shbg was ideal, because it gave you higher levels of free T. Boy times have really changed.

Mine appears very low. Is there anything specific I can do to raise it or is that just my genetics at play?

Sex Hormone Binding Globulin 19 (13-71)

I'm considering going on TRT but want to learn more before I dedicate myself to it.

Kirk001

Here's mine, SHBG 48.8 range 19.3 - 76.4. I wouldn't considered high, but because I do daily injections some may considered high for that. As you get older usually shbg increases, the labs even increase the range for older men like me.

Yes I think we both use LabCorp and the range I'm given for SHBG is 16.5 - 55.9. I last tested at 35.7, which is 49% of the range, but my provider said I was a bit on the high side.

Outcome

Good topic, I've been wondering about shbg myself. Mine averages 39. What would be considered the ideal value for shbg.? So you hold onto enough, don't piss it all out and get maximum benefit from your dose.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me