Reduced tissue creatine levels in patients with long COVID-19: does supplementation help?

Buy Lab Tests Online

BigTex

Total creatine concentration in the skeletal muscle and brain of long COVID patients were significantly lower when compared to the reference value. Will supplementing with creatine help restore these levels, thus reducing long Covid 19?

We found that long COVID population is characterized by reduced creatine levels in energy-demanding organs, with lower creatine levels in the skeletal muscle linked with severe muscle pain. Creatine depletion could thus be a newly discovered metabolic footprint of long COVID, perhaps as an end result of supraphysiological energy utilization in this perplexing condition. Still, creatine levels reflect the status of skeletal muscle mass which could be affected by age, physical exercise, chronic inflammation, and medication[6]; these factors were not evaluated in this trial which partly limits the interpretation of our findings. Another possible limitation is a relatively small sample size which is partly due to a high cost of proton MRS per patient, time consuming requirements of the procedure, and complex safety protocols, although it provides a gold standard noninvasive technique for analyzing tissue creatine levels. Replenishing creatine in long COVID by exogenous administration could be considered as a possible strategy to correct the deficit and help relieve patients from myalgia in this clinical population. However, a separate randomized controlled trial will have to be conducted in the future to verify this postulation.

Here is the answer:

Effects of six-month creatine supplementation on patient- and clinician-reported outcomes, and tissue creatine levels in patients with post-COVID-19 fatigue syndrome​

CONCLUSION​

Taking creatine for 6 months appears to improve tissue bioenergetics and attenuate clinical features of post-COVID-19 fatigue syndrome, possibly due to its energy-replenishing and neuroprotective activity. Endorsing creatine might be thus of great importance in tackling highly prevalent PVFS after COVID-19 pandemics; additional studies are warranted to confirm our findings in various post-COVID-19 cohorts.

"Endorsing creatine might be thus of great importance in tackling highly prevalent post-viral fatigue syndrome after COVID-19 pandemics; additional studies are warranted to confirm our findings in various post-COVID-19 cohorts."

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Very interesting!

I take 5 grams per day in my morning coffee. I think it helps my energy and cognitive function.

BigTex

Interesting Nelson. Been taking this stuff since maybe 1990 and have always included it in my daily supplementation regiment. Going to order some for my wife too. She has the long covid 19.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
She has the long covid 19.
I am so sorry to hear.

I found these interesting studies looking at hormone imbalances in long COVID patients.

MDavidW76

Interesting Nelson. Been taking this stuff since maybe 1990 and have always included it in my daily supplementation regiment. Going to order some for my wife too. She has the long covid 19.
My wife as well, I feel really badly for her, it causes her migraines every morning and she almost never had headaches her entire life until Dr Fukies biology experiment left the lab… can’t stand the weasel faced prick honestly

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me