Recent update

Buy Lab Tests Online

zojo360

Just a quick post on some basic blood test results from 1/19/17. 45 y/male. On TRT due to severe opiate abuse.
Started TRT on 11/17/2016. Previous results and pre-Trt test results are posted on other threads
Blood draw on Thursday afternoon prior to that evening injection.
On 12/20/2016, I switched injection protocol from 100mgs cyp every 7 days to 50mgs E3.5D IM.
No HCG. No AI or any other estrogen meds.
One concern is high prolactin as shown by test results. Have always ran higher on prolactin since testing about 5 years back. Not sure as to the cause. I do feel a lowered sex drive somewhat yet erections, frequency, and quality are very good for me along with ability to achieve them is good.

Total testosterone=907ng/dl (348-1197 range)
Free testosterone=20.3pg/ml (6.8-21.5 range)
Estradiol=29.7pg/ml (7.6-42.6 range) non sensitive
SHBG=39.0nmol/L (16.5-55.9 range)
Prolactin=17.2ng/ml (4.0-15.2 range)

Overall, I'm feeling very good, quality of life is excellent and every symptom I had from low T has almost been eliminated.
Thank you to this forum, moderators and fellow peers!!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Your numbers look good and, most importantly, you feel good. Just a note, in the future, you want to pull the sensitive estradiol, LC, MS/MS, test. There are ways to treat your prolactin (it could be the cause of your somewhat lowered sex drive).

Congratulations.

zojo360

Definitely curious what estradiol is on the more accurate sensitive test. Won't know till mid February when endo runs that test. Have always been on the higher end on prolactin. Maybe just the way I'm made.
Compared to where I was pre TRT, this is nothing short of life changing for me. Haven't felt this good in over 10 years. I couldn't be more grateful for how my life has turned around.

CoastWatcher

Definitely curious what estradiol is on the more accurate sensitive test. Won't know till mid February when endo runs that test. Have always been on the higher end on prolactin. Maybe just the way I'm made.
Compared to where I was pre TRT, this is nothing short of life changing for me. Haven't felt this good in over 10 years. I couldn't be more grateful for how my life has turned around.

You can pull your own labs, run through LabCorp, at www.discountedlabs.com at any point if you want to self-test. When TRT works it is amazing. I hope you'll remain an active member.

zojo360

CW-
since my E2 test was the improper non-sensitive test, is it a good assumption that my estradiol is actually lower? I've read here at excelmale that the empirical number can run up to 10 units lower with a sensitive test. I am contemplating on actually raising my E2 slightly for an experiment to see how I feel. Going to attempt this with DHEA supplement @ 25mg b.i.d.. Could increase my cyp but don't want to risk running short before my refill although I could refill at 3 months instead of 5.

I have a suspicion that I may feel more optimum with a slightly elavated E2 and would like to try it. Will do this for 4-6 weeks, journal daily with any feedback and test blood after.

Any suggestions regarding raising my E2 with what I've proposed?
Thank you and I will follow excelmale, spread the word and advocate for this forum always...

Last edited:

CoastWatcher

CW-
since my E2 test was the improper non-sensitive test, is it a good assumption that my estradiol is actually lower? I've read here at excelmale that the empirical number can run up to 10 units lower with a sensitive test. I am contemplating on actually raising my E2 slightly for an experiment to see how I feel. Going to attempt this with DHEA supplement @ 25mg b.i.d.. Could increase my cyp but don't want to risk running short before my refill although I could refill at 3 months instead of 5.

I have a suspicion that I may feel more optimum with a slightly elavated E2 and would like to try it. Will do this for 4-6 weeks, journal daily with any feedback and test blood after.

Any suggestions regarding raising my E2 with what I've proposed?
Thank you and I will follow excelmale, spread the word and advocate for this forum always...

You aren't complaining of issues that you or your doctor might associate with elevated estradiol, in fact you seem quite pleased with how things are unfolding on your protocol. Therefore, I'd not be overly worried about the fact that this estradiol value reflects a test run with the, so-called, standard methodology. It is likely that your actual e2 level is lower, though some fellows here have seen the opposite occur - the sensitive score was actually higher; in other words, you simply have to be careful drawing absolute conclusions from it. You have more blood work scheduled soon, make sure it includes the sensitive estradiol test and enjoy the success you are feeling at the moment.

As as for boosting your e2 level with DHEA, let me ask first - why you think you'd feel better? That isn't a challenge, it's a genuine question.

Last edited:

Vince

Super Moderator
I agree with CW, I would have proper labs first. Before supplementing with DHEA and I would lower my high prolactin.

Of note when testing Prolactin is to refrain from any sexual activity for about 48hrs prior, no sex, no masturbation, no ejaculation....post orgasm your Prolactin will be (very) high.

Vince

Super Moderator
Of note when testing Prolactin is to refrain from any sexual activity for about 48hrs prior, no sex, no masturbation, no ejaculation....post orgasm your Prolactin will be (very) high.

When I have an orgasm, I yawn! I guess that's my prolactin.

zojo360

CW-
In all honesty, I'm guilty of over analyzing my status which includes every little change in my body, mind and whatnot. Always looking to feel my personal best. This comes from my personality traits and being in such poor physical and mental health during my decades of addiction. Feeling good "naturally" or I should say without pharmaceuticals(opiates, benzodiazepines) is something new and similar to learning to walk again for me. Thought I would mess with something that like you mentioned, I don't have proper data on. That's my nature.

You guys make an excellent point. I already feel like I've been giving a second opportunity. Add in the TRT, and things are better than I thought possible. Why mess around with that!!!
Thanks all..

zojo360

Going to lay off sex, ejaculation for a while. See where that puts me drive wise. Get prolactin re-tested and go from there. Since the TRT, I've been a freak in the bedroom, or any room for that matter

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching