Raised PSA result worry.

Big sigh of relief!

Hard to pin point what caused the big spike and chances are it was from prostate inflammation/irritation combined with the pre-test conditions (no ejaculation for 48hrs before this test/kept off the assault bike).

If anything highly doubtful lowering your weekly dose of T and bringing down your. trough FT played any role here.

You are already approaching a few months in on the lower dose so it would be sensible to wait until you get labs to see where your trough TT and more importantly trough FT let let alone give your body enough time to settle in and adapt to your new set-point as in give the new protocol 12 weeks to truly assess whether you still feel great overall on the lower. weekly dose.

If things do not improve then you can easily go back to your old protocol.

Thanks @madman Yes, it's a bit of a mystery. I wish i hadn't lowered my dose now and just done everything else i did, but i wanted to avoid the 'what ifs' had this result come back high again. I watched a video by a urologist who was of the opinion that things like testosterone level, ejaculating before a test, riding a bike etc etc only affect psa results by a small amount and that prostatitis was more likely to cause big spikes. I guess another factor could have been lab error - i took an 'Advanced TRT' test through Medichecks last year, and total t, free t, e2 came back half what i was expecting. I made the mistake of publicly slating the online supplier i use on another forum for selling me underdosed testosterone. They obviously weren't too happy i'd done that, and offered to pay for a retest. I actually contacted Medichecks after spotting one of the liver tests had got no result at all, and they sent me a free retest which i took a week later - all came back as i'd originally expected. So sometimes these labs do make mistakes i guess. Anyhow, after 5 weeks of stressing over thid, today i'm relieved!
 

Thanks @madman - very interesting video, and highlights the importance of getting a retest after a high result. I was worried when my HCT reading came back raised once, but that's nothing compared to seeing a high PSA and thinking 'cancer'!
 
Thanks @madman - very interesting video, and highlights the importance of getting a retest after a high result. I was worried when my HCT reading came back raised once, but that's nothing compared to seeing a high PSA and thinking 'cancer'!
One thing to do if they want to do a biopsy is ask for an MRI FIRST. That is what Mayo clinic does. I had a little over 4 trending for some time. Then an 8 after sitting on the concrete doing car brakes. Then it went back down but due to family history, brother, uncle, cousin I wasn't satifsfied. We did a biopsy and found cancer. Went to Mayo and did an MRI. It was slow growing but was advised to not wait more than a year. I had surgery last November. Glad I did as my brother had brachy therapy and radiation conintues to cause issues as I've been healing. You don't want to wait until the cancer, if you have it, is out of the margins. If so you may be looking at surgery and radiation. If you hit 5 and can't point to some activity I'd watch it very close. When I asked what makes PSA go up the answer was the "wind" they do not know as some activities make it go up.

I don't have perfect erections yet and still leak when doing certain movements but it's a small price to pay for being cancer free as my PSA is non-detectable. My brother is back up to over 2.

It's traumatic to have the surgery or at least for me it was. I didn't stop my TRT either. My local urologist wanted me to stop at the start but Mayo said I didn't have to stop. I'd never do ADT. You will be ok.
 
Glad to hear you
One thing to do if they want to do a biopsy is ask for an MRI FIRST. That is what Mayo clinic does. I had a little over 4 trending for some time. Then an 8 after sitting on the concrete doing car brakes. Then it went back down but due to family history, brother, uncle, cousin I wasn't satifsfied. We did a biopsy and found cancer. Went to Mayo and did an MRI. It was slow growing but was advised to not wait more than a year. I had surgery last November. Glad I did as my brother had brachy therapy and radiation conintues to cause issues as I've been healing. You don't want to wait until the cancer, if you have it, is out of the margins. If so you may be looking at surgery and radiation. If you hit 5 and can't point to some activity I'd watch it very close. When I asked what makes PSA go up the answer was the "wind" they do not know as some activities make it go up.

I don't have perfect erections yet and still leak when doing certain movements but it's a small price to pay for being cancer free as my PSA is non-detectable. My brother is back up to over 2.

It's traumatic to have the surgery or at least for me it was. I didn't stop my TRT either. My local urologist wanted me to stop at the start but Mayo said I didn't have to stop. I'd never do ADT. You will be ok

Glad to hear your got it sorted and caught it before it spread to other areas. Before this, i wasn't particularly interested in my PSA numbers, it was just part of an extensive 'Advanced TRT' blood test Medichecks offer over here. But i can you, getting that high result really had me stressed for the five week wait before a retest. I agree with you regarding an MRI before any biopsies - i'm pretty sure the NHS do those first now, but i'd have insisted anyway.
 

ExcelMale Newsletter Signup

Online statistics

Members online
4
Guests online
1,086
Total visitors
1,090

Latest posts

Members online

Beyond Testosterone Podcast

Back
Top