Question about Sublingual Testosterone

Buy Lab Tests Online

Blue Horn

I have been prescribed testosterone propionate in a troche sublingual form made by a compounding pharmacy. My concern from reading about sublingual administration is that I am going to have a big dump of testosterone and then nothing. What I don't understand is if the half life of testosterone propionate is 3 to 4 days if it is injected, why wouldn't it be the same if it is taken sublingually. Wouldn't the propionate ester slow the absorption the same regardless of whether it is injected or absorbed sublingually?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Phoenix

I was approached about these also. I'm already on intramuscular Test Cyp. The troche was offered to boost my T levels for 4 to 5 hours prior to sex or working out. They were too pricey so I passed.

Blue Horn

I was approached about these also. I'm already on intramuscular Test Cyp. The troche was offered to boost my T levels for 4 to 5 hours prior to sex or working out. They were too pricey so I passed.

This is what I am being prescribed instead of injections at 30 mg a day of propionate. I was hoping someone might be able to give me some insight on why everyone injects propionate when it can be taken sublingually daily. I would think if it can be taken daily, you could then keep a more constant state rather than peaks and valleys of injections.

Doe sublingual absorption of propionate go through the system faster than if it is injected. I know the half life of propionate if injected is 3 to 4 days, so would it be the same with a sublingual application?

Testosterone troches are not the best way to administer testosterone. it is very costly and most of the clinics who provide men testosterone in troche form do so because they can profit more from it.
First of all, testosterone does not absorb well sublingually. If you are lucky a small fraction of the total dosage will actually make it into the blood stream. Since testosterone in troche form is not alkylated, it will not survive metabolism in the liver and will be destroyed. I have worked in compounding and never heard of using an esterfied testosterone in troche form. Usually testosterone base (non estered) is used. Even with the propionate, the half-life will be cut short due to the difference in metabolism between SL and injection. There is zero data that an esterfied testosterone will even absorb sublingually, and as stated previously even non estered T will not absorb sufficiently in this way. When we experimented with SL testosterone troches a few years back, it took 100mg 3 times per day just to get total T to increase into a decent range, but even then it was towards the bottom of the range.

Troches have been used with some success in women since females require a smaller amount of testosterone, but even in women troches are the last resort. Topical cream and of course injection is preferred.

Phoenix, using testosterone in troche form while you are already supplementing T may have some short term (1-4 hr) benefit on sex drive and NO2, when combined with sildenafil. But taking testosterone troches alone will not be enough to restore T levels and maintain them in range.

Blue Horn

You are correct, it was not propionate. Also, it may not be a troche. It looks like I little white mint and tastes like mint. It is 30 mg. Should I not take this stuff (I took one pill today) and request injections instead? Thanks.

Blue- It sounds like a troche, usually they flavor them with mint or watermelon to hide the nasty taste of the testosterone itself. Even if it is not a troche, any oral form of testosterone is not the best form to take and will not metabolize sufficiently. I would request weekly injections that you can administer yourself

CoastWatcher

Writing from Canada, where these is a commercially available oral testosterone available (Andriol) that my doctor and pharmacist will have nothing to do with. That said, this same pharmacist - who does a lot of compounding - is very much opposed to compounded oral/sublingual testosterones because of the frequent dosing required to raise levels to an acceptable level. On top of which, he tells me, it rarely happens. Injections are easier and cheaper. As Jasen noted, self-administered shots are the way to proceed. Good luck!

tooth

Has anyone tried these for sex or working out. Yes, they are pricey, but if they truly work I'd give them a try.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me