One for the experts. Swollen foot w/ANY injections

Buy Lab Tests Online

BigBamBoo

So…I’m back. After one brutal event after another in my world…my wife ran off with a coworker. one of my closets friends died. Followed by the father passing. And a bunch in between.

I started back on TRT about a year ago. Pretty standard protocol….Test cyp EOD for a total of 144mg a week. hCG 200mg EOD. And then we added oxandrolone 6mg EOD to help with high SHBG.

This turned out to be one of the best protocols i have tried….for awhile. About 4 months ago things changed. I had high E symptoms for about a week. Then I woke up one day and my right foot was swollen up like a ballon.

I saw a PA and they ordered a ultrasound to rule out a blood clot. Came back no clot.

Went to my family doctor and he said the ultra showed minor vein reflux, but did not think that was it.

Fast forward….I decided to stop TRT to see if it would go away. And it did! Pretty quickly…within 3 weeks the Swelling is gone.

But….I then ordered some B12 injections. The first shot I woke up to some minor swelling in my right foot again. 3 days later I took another shot and my foot swelled even more.

So…..here I am seeking advice or ideas.

Yes….I should go see more doctors but I have no health insurance. So it’s all out of pocket.

I did search here and the only thing I found was this thread with no answer: Ankle swelling after starting testosterone injections

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Fortunate

So…I’m back. After one brutal event after another in my world…my wife ran off with a coworker. one of my closets friends died. Followed by the father passing. And a bunch in between.

I started back on TRT about a year ago. Pretty standard protocol….Test cyp EOD for a total of 144mg a week. hCG 200mg EOD. And then we added oxandrolone 6mg EOD to help with high SHBG.

This turned out to be one of the best protocols i have tried….for awhile. About 4 months ago things changed. I had high E symptoms for about a week. Then I woke up one day and my right foot was swollen up like a ballon.

I saw a PA and they ordered a ultrasound to rule out a blood clot. Came back no clot.

Went to my family doctor and he said the ultra showed minor vein reflux, but did not think that was it.

Fast forward….I decided to stop TRT to see if it would go away. And it did! Pretty quickly…within 3 weeks the Swelling is gone.

But….I then ordered some B12 injections. The first shot I woke up to some minor swelling in my right foot again. 3 days later I took another shot and my foot swelled even more.

So…..here I am seeking advice or ideas.

Yes….I should go see more doctors but I have no health insurance. So it’s all out of pocket.

I did search here and the only thing I found was this thread with no answer: Ankle swelling after starting testosterone injections
Did you get X-rays?

Could you be triggering gout?

Really sorry about all that crap you’ve been through.

Fortunate

Can't hurt to get uric acid levels. Maybe add ESR, CRP, D-Dimer and rheumatoid factor.

Any issues with skin? Tick bites? Redness? Warmth?

Ruling out blood clot was wise.

Systemlord

It could be edema which can be treated with a diuretic. My feet did swell on TRT and it was caused by low iron, ferritin.

Last edited:

BigBamBoo

I would like to have those test run, but I have to pay out of pocket.…I don’t have insurance.

No. skin is good. No bites. No bruises.

Vince

Super Moderator
I'm sure it had nothing to do with your TRT protocol or high estrogen. I don't understand why you stop TRT.

BigBamBoo

I'm sure it had nothing to do with your TRT protocol or high estrogen. I don't understand why you stop TRT.

when I stopped TRT the swelling went away. When I started up again the swelling came back.

When I tried injecting B12 the swelling came back.

It is triggered by injections….of any kind it seems. Hcg causes it to. And just in my right foot.

Vince

Super Moderator
when I stopped TRT the swelling went away. When I started up again the swelling came back.

When I tried injecting B12 the swelling came back.

It is triggered by injections….of any kind it seems. Hcg causes it to. And just in my right foot.
That's a strange reaction to injection. Does it happen when you get a shot. Like for covid or flu shot.

BigBamBoo

I do Not get flu shots and am not vaxed for Covid, so the only thing I can tell you is T, hcg, and B12 injections cause it.

It is VERY strange and just came out of nowhere.

Fortunate

I agree with @Vince - this seems unusual. To test the theory, maybe go a week or so with no TRT injections to see if the swelling can occur on its own.

If it's truly only one foot, and only occurs with injections, I would consider getting uric acid levels done.

BigBamBoo

I agree with @Vince - this seems unusual. To test the theory, maybe go a week or so with no TRT injections to see if the swelling can occur on its own.

If it's truly only one foot, and only occurs with injections, I would consider getting uric acid levels done.

Yes, it is very strange. I have been off TRT now for 4 weeks and no other injections and swelling is gone.

I will add Uric acid test to my upcoming labs and see what it shows.

If it is it, how does one treat that?

Fortunate

Yes, it is very strange. I have been off TRT now for 4 weeks and no other injections and swelling is gone.

I will add Uric acid test to my upcoming labs and see what it shows.

If it is it, how does one treat that?
Get your PCP involved. Learn about how diet and alcohol can reduce flare ups. Consider allopurinol or other preventive. Consider colchicine or indomethacin for flare ups. All starts with nailing down a diagnosis, though.

Fortunate

Now, west you need to do is have @Systemlord come over and draw up one vial of bacteriostatic water and one vial of testosterone. Cover both syringes so he can’t see what he’s injecting. He injects either one and a third guy documents what was injected, but doesn’t tell either of you.

Watch and see. Bam! A double blinded study!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me