Odd labs, interested in members thoughts?

Buy Lab Tests Online

LTChris

I am interested in everyones thoughts on these recent labs, I have a consult tomorrow. Especially the aldosterone and lymph,WBC numbers.

I am not suprised by testosterone numbers - I recently went from daily to E3.5d injections (6 weeks ago). Might not be quiet leveled out, i hope. Daily didn't offer any benefit to me (just an experiment I guess)

Could injection frequency explain some of the other numbers. Thyroid has not improved either after increasing T3 dose from 50mcg to 75mcg about 8 weeks ago?

Attachments

• 7.30.18 test,cbc,thyroid.pdf
    99.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 7.30.18, aldosterone.pdf
    64.7 KB · Views: 65
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
M

MarkM

Your Prolactin is very high at 20, 5 points over top of the range. I would definitely talk to your doctor about that. Has it been high on other blood work? Could be a pituitary issue and might need an MRI on it.

Total Testosterone at 1500 is supra-physiological but considering how high it is your Free T is not that far over the range. That is probably due to how high your SHBG is which is the highest I have ever seen at 126.9. What dose of testosterone are you taking to overcome that high SHBG? I wouldn't think daily injections would work well with such high SHBG.

The Lymphs are probably low because your WBC is low, Lymphs are special form of WBC. Have you been sick or had an infection lately?

Aldersterone is produced by the adrenal glands. You may have adrenal fatigue or other problem with the adrenals. Are you craving salt?

E2 looks good and like you stated, the thyroid is still off.

Id cut the dose maybe 5mg to get your FT to come down just a little bit, what's your SHBG?
Also talk about Cabergoline for your Prolactin.

M

MarkM

Id cut the dose maybe 5mg to get your FT to come down just a little bit, what's your SHBG?
Also talk about Cabergoline for your Prolactin.

His SHBG is 126.9 nmol/l on a range of 16.5 - 55.9. Like I stated, highest I have ever seen. Makes me think it could be a possible lab error.

LTChris

Your Prolactin is very high at 20, 5 points over top of the range. I would definitely talk to your doctor about that. Has it been high on other blood work? Could be a pituitary issue and might need an MRI on it.

Total Testosterone at 1500 is supra-physiological but considering how high it is your Free T is not that far over the range. That is probably due to how high your SHBG is which is the highest I have ever seen at 126.9. What dose of testosterone are you taking to overcome that high SHBG? I wouldn't think daily injections would work well with such high SHBG.

The Lymphs are probably low because your WBC is low, Lymphs are special form of WBC. Have you been sick or had an infection lately?

Aldersterone is produced by the adrenal glands. You may have adrenal fatigue or other problem with the adrenals. Are you craving salt?

E2 looks good and like you stated, the thyroid is still off.

Had a mri 2 years ago, came back good. I have not had the flu or anything, just fatigued most days. I do crave salt

M

MarkM

Had a mri 2 years ago, came back good. I have not had the flu or anything, just fatigued most days. I do crave salt
A craving for salt in people with adrenal fatigue can be explained by low aldosterone.

From Wiki:
Hypoaldosteronism is an endocrinological disorder characterized decreased levels of the hormone aldosterone. Similarly, isolated hypoaldosteronism is the condition of having lowered aldosterone without corresponding changes in cortisol. (The two hormones are both produced by the adrenals.)

There are several causes for this condition, including adrenal insufficiency, congenital adrenal hyperplasia, and some medications such as certain diuretics, NSAIDs, and ACE inhibitors.

LTChris

Will do. I also made a appt. with the Mayo clinic in Rochester, Minn. See what they think about my issues. I am concerned though that they will have a fit about my TRT and try to make me come off of it. I am hoping they can take a closer look at my thyroid, adrenal, and pituitary glands. They are suppose to be some of the best? We will see if they are really up to date on TRT research.

M

MarkM

Yes, they might have a fit but I'm learning when you talk to medical professionals and you can display a sincere level of knowledge about the subject of TRT because of your research you tend to get much more cooperation. At least that is my take on things.

When I was younger and just starting TRT I had no knowledge, had not done any real research at the time, and as I look back, I feel like I somewhat got pushed around and dictated to by the doctors strictly because of my lack of knowledge. I didn't even realize I was being pushed around because I am not one to just sit back and allow that to happen. But when you don't know what you don't know it opens you up for that.

As I got older, wiser, and much more knowledgeable and could sit down and have logical discussions with the medical professionals I could pretty much get them to go my way. I think they were somewhat intimidated at the knowledge I had gained and were not in a position to dispute the knowledge I had gained or were at least more open to hearing what I had to say. Knowledge can be a powerful thing.

LTChris

I went to the Mayo clinic. Sure enough, the first Endocrinologist I saw says "we only look at TSH and that it is a very accurate measure of Thyroid function." Of course mine was very low due to T3 supplement. I expect a statement like that from my local hospital, but was hoping that a clinic like Mayo might be a little more up to date or open minded. I have another appointment with their "top endo" on Friday for a consult. Still waiting on results from second Pituitary MRI. I can't wait to see what she says about Testosterone level.

I have now been on T4 for about 2 weeks (50mcg) - no subjective benefit. I increased to 75mcg. I am not sure what to do? I don't seem to be getting anywhere with the additional meds. Synthroid is expensive as well. Should I try to go back to NDT? The amount of T3 that I am on seems pretty high. I was on NDT before with OK results, but then it suddenly stopped working. Could it just have been a bad batch of NDT? Frustrated?

LTChris

I increased T4 to 75 mcg 4 days ago. Yesterday I think I was have some light hyperthyroid symptoms. I am going to see if they persist for a day or two before decreasing. I am suppose to drop back down to 50 mcg T4, but it seems to me it would be better to drop T3 down some instead? T3 dose is 75 mcg as well (Pretty elevated dose). Next consult/labs is in 6 weeks with Dr. Saya.
I am starting to wonder if when I was previously on NDT, if the problem was that I was just not dosed High enough. Only on 1.5 grains at the time. From what I am reading, getting up to 3-5 grains is not un-heard of. Thinking of transitioning back, but I don't want to upset the apple cart now that I am actually starting to get a little energy. Hopefully my energy will maintain if I have to drop dose due to some Hyper symptoms

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me