Objective Evidence for PSSD - Sexual Dysfunction

Buy Lab Tests Online

madman

Super Moderator

The video discusses the condition of Post-SSRI Sexual Dysfunction (PSSD) and its impact on individuals. Dr. Irwin Goldstein, a urologist specializing in sexual medicine, explains that PSSD can cause tissue damage to the penis, leading to erectile dysfunction and other sexual issues. He emphasizes the need for appropriate consent and warning regarding the potential long-term effects of SSRIs on sexual function. While there is no cure for PSSD, treatments can help improve sexual functioning and quality of life for affected individuals.

Key Takeaways:

*PSSD can cause tissue damage in the penis

*SSRIs have potential long-term effects on sexual function

*Lack of warning and consent regarding PSSD is concerning

*PSSD affects both men and women, but men may be more affected by sexual dysfunction

*Tissue damage can be seen in young individuals on SSRIs

*Oxygen radicals play a role in tissue damage in the penis

*The FDA has not adequately responded to the issue of PSSD

*The prognosis for PSSD is not favorable for complete recovery

*Treatment plans for PSSD focus on improving sexual function and quality of life

*PSSD can also affect cognitive function and mood

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

BadassBlues

This goes along with another topic I am researching about the feminization of men. There are so many ways that male sexuality and masculinity have been under attack for years. Medications, phytoestrogens, chemicals, politics... the list goes on.

To be specific to the topic regarding men, there used to be a mind set that as a male, we accept the roles that are suited to us as protectors of those we love. As an older guy, I still hold those values as true. Is it a difficult task? Damn right it is and it can create some angst in some. That's our burden to carry. Women have their own heavy lifting to do, childbirth is definitely no picnic.

Life brings both good and bad, that's the price we pay for the privilege of being alive. It has become far too easy for anyone who has an emotional boo boo to seek medication rather than learning the life skills and coping mechanisms to deal with the stress that comes along with everyday life.

Pharmaceutical companies create disorders to offer a medicinal solution. Women were the first to line up for the antidepressant cure, but men were soon to follow. Now sexual dysfunction is common in both genders.

Some people require medication, but for the vast majority of us... we really need to just pull up our pants and learn to be a man.

Last edited:

madman

Super Moderator
@Nelson Vergel

26:08-27:40

*What can you say about the prognosis of this condition?

27:40-31:06

*Could you briefly just walk through what a treatment plan looks like for someone who has PSSD and the types of things that you would try as you mentioned improve their sexual functioning?

madman

Super Moderator

This goes along with another topic I am researching about the feminization of men. There are so many ways that male sexuality and masculinity have been under attack for years. Medications, phytoestrogens, chemicals, politics... the list goes on.

To be specific to the topic regarding men, there used to be a mind set that as a male, we accept the roles that are suited to us as protectors of those we love. As an older guy, I still hold those values as true. Is it a difficult task? Damn right it is and it can create some angst in some. That's our burden to carry. Women have their own heavy lifting to do, childbirth is definitely no picnic.

Life brings both good and bad, that's the price we pay for the privilege of being alive. It has become far too easy for anyone who has an emotional boo boo to seek medication rather than learning the life skills and coping mechanisms to deal with the stress that comes along with everyday life.

Pharmaceutical companies create disorders to offer a medicinal solution. Women were the first to line up for the antidepressant cure, but men were soon to follow. Now sexual dysfunction is common in both genders.

Some people require medication, but for the vast majority of us... we really need to just pull up our pants and learn to be a man.
I agree 100%. I’ve been practicing psychotherapist for the past 25 years and I see a laziness in people when it comes to improving their situation. It is a combination of laziness and the idea that a pill can fix everything. Pharmaceutical companies are not the only culprit in this, the modern lifestyle lends itself to the idea that work is not necessary and some people believe that just has to be an easier way. There is not. People feel more fulfilled and motivated when they are acting. I have to tell my clients that you cannot think you’re way out of depression and anxiety, you have to act your way out. In other words, action precedes motivation. Almost everyone will say that they want to be better and that they will do so when they are motivated. I explain to them that you get motivated by acting.

There are some people who do need a medication to get a jumpstart, as their, depression, and or anxiety, is that bad. It’s a rare case. But, the pharmaceutical companies are not the sole enemy. The modern lifestyle, combined with basic human laziness and inertia, is the real problem. Think about it for a moment. People vicariously live their lives through the actions of others. Athletic teams, Reality, TV, movies, video games, etc. All these are people, living virtual lives rather than their own. In the 21st-century, a person who has social anxiety doesn’t really ever have to leave their home if they don’t want to. They can work from home, order, food, shop, and even engage in sexual behavior all from their computer screen. I see this type of scenario quite often in my clients are in their 20s, especially males. The very first thing that I try to get them to change is their lifestyle. You’d be surprised how quickly this can change the perspective, but the real problem is getting them to agree to take action.

I agree that pharmaceutical companies play a role, but it is a perfect combination and individuals have to accept the blame rather than put all of it on pharmaceutical companies. We are all responsible for our own lives.

Kenp

I agree 100%. I’ve been practicing psychotherapist for the past 25 years and I see a laziness in people when it comes to improving their situation. It is a combination of laziness and the idea that a pill can fix everything. Pharmaceutical companies are not the only culprit in this, the modern lifestyle lends itself to the idea that work is not necessary and some people believe that just has to be an easier way. There is not. People feel more fulfilled and motivated when they are acting. I have to tell my clients that you cannot think you’re way out of depression and anxiety, you have to act your way out. In other words, action precedes motivation. Almost everyone will say that they want to be better and that they will do so when they are motivated. I explain to them that you get motivated by acting.

There are some people who do need a medication to get a jumpstart, as their, depression, and or anxiety, is that bad. It’s a rare case. But, the pharmaceutical companies are not the sole enemy. The modern lifestyle, combined with basic human laziness and inertia, is the real problem. Think about it for a moment. People vicariously live their lives through the actions of others. Athletic teams, Reality, TV, movies, video games, etc. All these are people, living virtual lives rather than their own. In the 21st-century, a person who has social anxiety doesn’t really ever have to leave their home if they don’t want to. They can work from home, order, food, shop, and even engage in sexual behavior all from their computer screen. I see this type of scenario quite often in my clients are in their 20s, especially males. The very first thing that I try to get them to change is their lifestyle. You’d be surprised how quickly this can change the perspective, but the real problem is getting them to agree to take action.

I agree that pharmaceutical companies play a role, but it is a perfect combination and individuals have to accept the blame rather than put all of it on pharmaceutical companies. We are all responsible for our own lives.
Amen, 100% right.

sammmy

The whole theory of Dr Goldstein doesn't hold water, as usual in "sexual medicine". At least at the end of the video he makes difference between ED and orgasm/sensitivity problems and even stated the sensitivity problems are often linked to slipped disk in the lower back pressing on the nerves, which improves after spine surgery. This is the only benefit I got from this video and here is an article about it:

He seems to slap the label of PSSD on everything, especially on ED problems, apparently unaware that SSRI cause mainly orgasmic and libido problems, not ED. Moreover, he explained that penis sensitivity problems are often due to pressed nerves on the lower back, which eliminates a large group of people with persistent orgasmic problems out of the PSSD diagnosis. Then comes his pseudo scientific theory that SSRI cause erectile problems by damaging the penis blood vessels by "oxygen radicals". If that was the case, the damage should be in all blood vessels, not only in the penis i.e. his patients should have a vascular disease like diabetics, for example varicose veins, but he doesn't report that. That is inconsistent and shows his theory is just speculations, not real science.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching