Post SSRI Sexual Dysfunction (PSSD)

Buy Lab Tests Online

madman

Super Moderator

This video discusses post SSRI sexual dysfunction (PSSD), a condition that affects individuals taking antidepressants. PSSD can cause numbness, loss of orgasms, and a decrease in sexual desire. It is a long-standing problem that can last for years or even be permanent. The medical community often dismisses patients’ concerns about PSSD, and the pharmaceutical industry’s ghostwritten literature may downplay the severity of side effects. The lack of information provided by healthcare providers and regulatory bodies is concerning. The use of SSRIs impacts fertility rates and marriage dynamics. Research is needed to understand the mechanisms behind PSSD and improve drug safety.

Key Takeaways:

*Post SSRI sexual dysfunction (PSSD) affects individuals on antidepressants, causing numbness and loss of sexual function.
*PSSD affects both men and women of all ages and ethnicities.
*Healthcare providers often dismiss or laugh at patients reporting PSSD symptoms.
*The medical literature on clinical trials of these drugs is ghostwritten, fraudulent, and misleading.
*Regulatory bodies like NHS Digital, MH, EMA, and FDA downplay sexual side effects to promote drug use.
*The use of SSRIs significantly impacts fertility rates and birth defects.
*Immigrant populations are less likely to take SSRIs compared to the native population.
*The lack of information and understanding about PSSD is a significant issue in healthcare.
*Research is needed to understand the mechanisms and develop safer antidepressant drugs.
*Patients need to be informed and healthcare systems must prioritize patient safety over pharmaceutical interests.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
Screenshot (29855).png

Kenp

Same story with PFS.

Btw, PSSD has officially been medically recognized as real in the EU for a couple of years now.

electrify

Its much more than sexual dysfunction also, often includes anhedonia/emotional blunting and other cognitive symptoms that are debilitating

sammmy

Any mice studies of antidepressants causing PSSD? If this phenomenon exists, it should be rather easy to show it in mice.

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom

zancek0

In fact, even before human trials it was already proven on rats that SSRIs cause typical sexual symptoms.
Though, for ppl with severe PSSD, sexual symptoms are the least of their worries.

sammmy

Yes, as you surmised it is readily demonstrated in rodents:

This review is not good enough. I can't read anything but the abstract, but it seems to focus on the effect on babies ("early in life"), the doses are no specified in human equivalents (any drug becomes toxic at sufficiently high concentrations), and it doesn't qualify how long after cessation of the SSRI the effect lasts - everybody already knows that SSRI cause sexual side effects during administration and possibly some short time after cessation.

People that have negative effects continuing long after cessation of SSRI are justified to suspect PSSD.

Such diagnosis is not correct if there was a period of normal functioning after cessation of the anti-depressants - in that case the decreased functioning is due to some other disease process and such patients are just using the SSRI as a scapegoat to "explain" away their condition.

In my case I took antidepressants in 2009 and stopped them due to the obvious sexual side effects. Then I had a few years of normal sexual functioning and in 2013 was diagnosed with AIDS and started experiencing delayed ejaculation. I am not justified to self-diagnose as PSSD and blame the SSRI that I took in 2009. Initially, I was blaming the HIV drugs and while some of them have negative effect on orgasmic functioning, so do many other things like anti-oxidants in my case, which means they are contributing to the problem but do not cause it. In my case the more probable diagnosis is nervous system damage when I had HIV seroconversion, which in my case felt like a "really bad flu" - could hardly walk after it.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me